Votes: 11 10.4%
  • I am Spectre

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters
Kevin Butler.

5187796747_96b4a95a41_z.jpg

wrong kevin butler.... AKA "butthead" :mrgreen:

76-00958-F.jpg

They just ruined it. That IS over the line.

Agreed, that line comes off as cheesetastic. If they could have come up with something a bit different to say like "come see what all the fuss is about..." or something inviting someone to learn more about 200, then it would be fine.

Off - Topic: Zomg! a "like" button. My Facebook addled 20 something brain has died and gone to heaven! :lol:

Agreed, that line comes off as cheesetastic. If they could have come up with something a bit different to say like "come see what all the fuss is about..." or something inviting someone to learn more about 200, then it would be fine.

Off - Topic: Zomg! a "like" button. My Facebook addled 20 something brain has died and gone to heaven! :lol:

either way they got you guys talking about the add, isn't that the point? i think it a win for them if has this effect.

Fuck yeah America!

chryslerlancia000.jpg

chryslerlancia004.jpg

Best ad of the Super Bowl, hands down.

Would you rather have Chevy runs deep, or those stupid Hyundai ads "Compact Hyundai's are cool, man." Chrysler knows who they are and why they sell, the general public knows that a 40 MPG Hyundai is not exciting, they know McDonalds is not gourmet, they know Chrysler isn't German refinement, or Japanese efficiency. That's when American business loses it, when they try start pretending to be someone else.

Of course what gets measured gets managed... "Chrysler 200" was the most searched item on Google after the game. Really don't need more than that.

Last edited:
I thought that ad was badass, and one of the best ones I've seen from this year's Super Bowl. Even the slogan works--it farts in the face of the critics who say that they're not American anymore because they're owned by Italians. Yes. Farts.

Maybe it's because I'm in the generation that grew up with parents who hated hated HATED Eminem, but I felt he was perfect for the spot. The whole commercial had a defiant tone to it, which was reinforced nicely by picking the dude who pissed off my generation's parents more than just about anyone as a spokesperson.

But then--the 200? I, too, think this would have made a more convincing brand-wide ad than one for the goofy placeholder between the Sebring and what finally comes after the Sebring. It's an improvement over Rental Car Hell, sure, but not enough of one to convincingly keep up the "Detroit, f*** yeah" sentiment of the commercial.

Not gonna lie, though, if they're going to run a spot like that, they're setting everybody up with high hopes for whatever they're bringing in to replace the 200. I don't expect them to magically be able to come up with awesomeness right after being saved from financial ruin, so I can sort of understand why they'd be stuck using the 200 here (along with the "it's actually made in MI" bit). But wow, that's one hell of an ad for the brand.

BlaRo hit the nail on the head with his comments on "selling a concept." They've done that well--now they just need the products to back up the concept.

the 200S from the Chicago auto show...
IMG_1369.jpg

Wow. Consider me impressed. It was a fairly good looking car to begin with but the S package really completes the package. Alright, it could do without the bonnet vents, but stilll looks good

Fuck yeah America!

chryslerlancia000.jpg

I still think that car's handsome as hell. If it were feasible for Fiat to bring it over just like that with the Chrysler grille i'd be all over that. A Chrysler Pacifica (i know not exactly but still) for the next generation. :cool:

I just watched this ad again. Still digging it. Bold, attention grabbing, unabashedly/unashamedly American! :cool:

Our C&D dealer has had the 200s in for a while and got the first new300 just the other day. I gotta say I like the look of the new 300. Not sure if it will drive any better, I thought the 300 was acceptable six years ago but Chrysler never improved on it, as I haven't had a chance to drive it but maybe this week I will be able to.