Votes: 4 3.8%
  • indifferent

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • I am Spectre

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters
A car that was engineered on a Mitsubishi platform, decontented by Daimler, and redesigned with inputs from Italy does not exactly scream Detroit either.

I loved it. It shows Chrysler is getting back to the game, just as Ford already got. The slogan got on quite well too. Imported from Detroit, besides all that's been said in other posts, shows that despite Fiat's control, they're essentially american.

Good commerical, just not a good looking car. If they want 'back in the game' make a better car. Chrysler seems to be the car for when you can't afford the Caddy.

Its a shame they didn't have enough money to redesign the rear end, because the front end of this car looks really good (especially in the commercial). If the new Jeep is anything to go by, I am willing to bet that their next generation mid size sedans will be really good.

For some strange reason, I get the feeling that Chrysler is trying to say that the 200 is a luxury car?! Is it really? I mean, having leather seats and l.e.d's around your lights don't make anything luxurious. And the car looks like it comes modded with bad taste as standard feature.

As for the ad, it's not bad. It'll sell to your usual turd-heads. But that's what a Chrysler is for anyways, right?

For some strange reason, I get the feeling that Chrysler is trying to say that the 200 is a luxury car?! Is it really? I mean, having leather seats and l.e.d's around your lights don't make anything luxurious. And the car looks like it comes modded with bad taste as standard feature.

As for the ad, it's not bad. It'll sell to your usual turd-heads. But that's what a Chrysler is for anyways, right?

It's midsize. It competes against the Fusion, the Camcord twins, the Malibu, and the Mazda6. And, to an extent, its Avenger sibling.

Chrysler would love to make it "entry-level luxury" like the Acura TL, for example, but that's still a long ways off. And an impossibility with the Sebring platform.

When Chrysler and Lancia become one I suspect they will move their whole range up market.

I think it all depends on what you mean by "luxury." It's no Merc or Audi or Bimmer, no doubt. But the Toyota Camry XLE is often marketed as a "luxury sedan." Indeed, I think that Camry LE stands for "Camry Luxury Edition" and Camry XLE stands for "Camry Extra Luxury Edition." And the 200 could credibly play that "luxury" role, even though the Sebring could not.

Honda also praises the Accord's "luxurious" interior. http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/interior.aspx

Hyundai ran a Super Bowl ad last year touting the "luxury" of the Sonata:

I think that's the "luxury" that the 200 was meant to fight, not the "luxury" of BMW and Mercedes.

If they use the word "luxury" they just mean it as "Well...we didn't use the absolute cheapest stuff we could find."

Maybe they're using the same text books that the chinese do? You know the ones who classified roll-down windows as luxury. The manual kind. It let's air into your face and allows you ventilate your car, even in the back seat! Confucius says that's quite luxurious. Chrysler in this case even offers electric windows! That's pimpin bling yo, Confucius says.

Last edited:
I like it but I would have saved it for a flagship product, not the sucks-less new Sebring.

I hate all advertising with an equal irrationality and ferocity. So I hate this one too.

I thought they were saying that Detroit has gotten so shitty, it's now considered a foreign country. Seriously, I thought it was pretty decent. I just hope Chrysler can start turning out some decent cars to back this new marketing blitz up.

Not sure who you would have as the spokesperson though.
Kevin Butler.

5187796747_96b4a95a41_z.jpg

I like it but I would have saved it for a flagship product, not the sucks-less new Sebring.
They probably sell more Sebrings than anything (other than the Ram), so I'm glad to hear it will suck less. It may not be a flagship model, but it's the one that the most people will come into contact with.

The 300C is made in Kanukia so it wouldn't have worked out well.

Ha! Your internet has ads! Tacky too. I did that headlight thing on a website back in 1999. I thought it was very cool at the time.

Like a pimp!