Inglorious Basterds

D

D-Fence

Has anyone else seen it already?

I saw it yesterday and must say: Fucking genious movie! Tarantino at his bests. Damn good actors too, though I must say, Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa was epic, he imho clearly outacted Brad Pitt.
The movie was 2.5 hours long, but when it was over I was like "wait, that was 2.5h? Felt like 30 minutes!" - I can just recommend this movie! And it is not - that - violent :)

I saw it and thought it was great. Obviously if you try and take it seriously you won't like it, but as an amusing action film it works brilliantly.

Really love Tarantino's work and it's getting good reviews (although the comments on their YT trailers say otherwise, but they're just anal) and I'm hoping to see the movie, whether it be now or on DVD.

I thought it was a brilliant mastery of the feeling of tension; each and every scene felt that way. However, I did think it got tedious in this respect. These are my favorite roles for Brad Pitt...IE not the main character and with a strange accent. (like Snatch) I didn't notice if Tarantino was in the movie anywhere, anyone catch him?

7/10 for me, not as good as district 9.

Last edited:
Hoping to see it with my wife this evening.

Ok...I'm ready for the neg reps :D

The movie was bloody terrible. I really don't understand what is so great about Tarantino. All his movies are exactly the same. He uses the same devices and it's starting to get a little boring.
Correction - very boring. It was 2.5 bleeding hours! I liked the idea of the movie, but the execution was far from great. Most of the dialogues were just plain dull and uneventful. Building up tension my arse. It was like he said "Right, here we need 15 minutes of dialogue, so talk about something"
It would have been fine, if the dialogues were witty, philosophical or entertaining...but most of them weren't.

I regret seeing this movie. I expected a lot more. The only good thing was that I got to practice my german skills :)

I loved it. Had some comedy gold moments, too. "Erm, bonjourno."

A lot of left hooks thrown, too, where you expect something to happen...
For instance, I didn't expect the German high command to all die at the end. :lol:

I loved it. I especially loved the the entire ordeal about speaking Italian.

I especially loved the very end where the SS leader (can't recall his name) goes "you'll be shot for this"... "no I'll be chewed out, I've been chewed out before" and promptly goes to town on his forehead

i really liked the movie. though i think that people who are really into WWII wont like it, seeing as its a farcical take on WWII.

about Tarantino appearing in the movie. imdb.com doesn't list him as an actor in the movie at all, so my moneys on him not appearing :cool:

about Tarantino appearing in the movie. imdb.com doesn't list him as an actor in the movie at all, so my moneys on him not appearing :cool:
Wikipedia said:
Acording to IMDb, Tarantino is in the film as the voice of an American solider in Eli Roth's "Nation's Pride", and a dummy of him is the first dead nazi scalped in the film, and finally, he is also a fake shemp for Christoph Waltz's hands when he strangles Bridget von Hammersmark.

I usually can't stand Tarantino films, but I must say - this one rocked! I was going into the film thinking I would walk out saying, "I wasted my money" but its on the "to buy" list when this comes out on DVD.

Good flick!

Christoph Waltz's performance is worth the entry alone. His acting - and character - is fantastic.

Christoph Waltz's performance is worth the entry alone. His acting - and character - is fantastic.
I'd really like to know the story on where he came from. He hasn't done a movie in almost ten years, and did five movies total prior to this one, but comes out of nowhere with a Best Actor performance.

I'd really like to know the story on where he came from. He hasn't done a movie in almost ten years, and did five movies total prior to this one, but comes out of nowhere with a Best Actor performance.
He's mostly a theatre/tv actor, only rarely did movies. His a theatre actor in 4th generation, likely making him that good.

Just came back from it - it's definitely a crowd-pleaser, and the moments of heavy dialogue really sets up the tension for when the burst of violence comes in. Glorious, mindless, wonderfully over-the-top violence. Christoph Waltz definitely deserves an award for his slimy, nefarious character that you don't know what he'll do next. And Brad Pitt is definitely entertaining, I've always been a fan of his work but he really carries his movie-star swagger well.

Also, I love you, M?lanie Laurent.

MelanieLaurent.jpg

melanie_laurent_reference.jpg

:wub:

I loved it. Had some comedy gold moments, too. "Erm, bonjourno."

A lot of left hooks thrown, too, where you expect something to happen...
For instance, I didn't expect the German high command to all die at the end. :lol:

I am waiting for it.
I couldn?t resist and clicked the spoiler tag...<_<

Ok...I'm ready for the neg reps :D

The movie was bloody terrible. I really don't understand what is so great about Tarantino. All his movies are exactly the same. He uses the same devices and it's starting to get a little boring.
Correction - very boring. It was 2.5 bleeding hours! I liked the idea of the movie, but the execution was far from great. Most of the dialogues were just plain dull and uneventful. Building up tension my arse. It was like he said "Right, here we need 15 minutes of dialogue, so talk about something"
It would have been fine, if the dialogues were witty, philosophical or entertaining...but most of them weren't.

I regret seeing this movie. I expected a lot more. The only good thing was that I got to practice my german skills :)

I'm actually with you here on some of this. A lot of the dialouge, though sometimes leading to epic scenes, was way too drawn out. But Tarantino is a dialouge man, just compare Deathproof to Planet Terror. I was hoping for more nazi killin' and more with the basterds but alas, no, it almost felt like they weren't the focus of the movie like title implys. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but still good. I suppose part of my dislike was having to read sub titles through 80% of the movie while already having a head ache lol.

7.5/10

Oh yeah, the music was really good too.

Last edited:
I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. I just about died laughing during the Italian part.

9/10