Inglorious Basterds

Great movie! I might be a bit of a Tarantino fan but this one was really good. Landa was perfectly interpreted and I was wondering how many more languages could he speak? I loved how much tension there was in some scenes!

I was waiting for Landa to call Shosanna by her real name when she first met Goebbels and ordered her some milk and that was one of the most tense moments

Also the soundtrack was very well chosen!

Last edited:
finally got round to seeing it last night. thought was brilliant. the time really did fly by even though it was 2hrs 30mins. the Italian was one of the best parts, had me in stitches. Hopefully going to see it again soon

Best movie I have seen all year. I don't really care about Tarantino movies. I know they are well respected and special I like Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown and this latest movie. I hated Kill Bill. I've never even seen Kill Bill 2 and I've only seen about 1/2 of Kill Bill 1. Those movies are just mindless. Completely mindless.

This new one though... in a southern american accent: Mucho Grande. ^_^ ^_^

Great movie. I saw it Tuesday night with a couple of mates. Gonna go see it again tonight with the girlfriend. Her suggestion, too!

Ahh, I've heard it's good...:whistle:

I just watched the trailer of the movie again...it is very deceiving! One expects non-stop action and funny jokes, which the actual movie didn't have enough of.

exactly, I was thinking the same thing.

After seeing a lot of trailers I expected a fast paced action with humorours dialoges . But it felt really slow, especially at the beginning. Also some plot points were quite weird, like why Shosanna suddenly at the end felt sorry for the annoying guy she shot..

Other than that I liked it very much, best of all is the well written dialogue and how it was played by the actors :).

I haven't watched a Tarantino movie for a long time, but I strongly feel that "Inglorious Basterds" takes the absurdity to a whole new level, even leaving behind Pulp Fiction in that respect. The movie was great, absolutely hilarious. The dialogue was brilliant even in German dubbing. It was nice to see a major US production with so many German actors (anyone noticed Krappi? :)). I was very impressed by Waltz' performance, it was very much his movie; and I'm also in love with M?lanie Laurent. And I have to get that song "Putting Out The Fire" or whatever it's called.

Saw this a couple days ago. Absolutely brilliant. Best Tarintino movie since pulp fiction.

Diane Krubel is just friggin gorgeous. damn it shes pretty.

Brad Pitt was hamming it up SO HARD and i loved it. it was obvious he had a great time with the character.

I know everyone says it but Goddamn tarintino can write some dialogue.

This is the best movie ive seen since Star Trek

and im drunk

Awesome movie. Enjoyed every second of it!

I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said. I'm glad it wasn't "non stop action and jokes", the form it is in now is perfect in my opinion. There's some comedy brilliance (the Italian jokes in particular), and very graphic violence.. And some brilliant dialogue, along with Tarantinos usual "feel" - I'm not sure what that man does, but he is very good at it :)

Definitely a must buy when it releases on Blu-Ray - heres for hoping for a transfer that makes the film justice =)

I liked it, but on the other hand it needed to cut an HOUR of content, the movie was poorly edited, and i think the editor needed to stand up to the director and writer much much more. The whole movie DRAAAAAAAAAAAAGED OOOOONNNN SOOOOOO LOOONG. I've never wanted a movie to end more in my life, and i didnt even have a problem with it.

The whole movie DRAAAAAAAAAAAAGED OOOOONNNN SOOOOOO LOOONG. I've never wanted a movie to end more in my life, and i didnt even have a problem with it.
watchmen-movie-2009-all-heroes-poster1.jpg

I understand tarentino does repitition and running gags a lot but if i heard another

Guy A: Hello
Guy B: Hello
Guy A: Sit down
Guy B: Ok
Guy A: *pause*
Guy B: How can i help you
Guy A: Well, have you heard of me?
Guy b: Yes, i have heard of you
Guy A: What did you hear about me
Guy b: Here is what i heard about you:

I was gonna flip out and start machinegunning the screen myself.

I liked it, but on the other hand it needed to cut an HOUR of content, the movie was poorly edited, and i think the editor needed to stand up to the director and writer much much more. The whole movie DRAAAAAAAAAAAAGED OOOOONNNN SOOOOOO LOOONG. I've never wanted a movie to end more in my life, and i didnt even have a problem with it.

I thought the 2.5 hours went by incredibly fast.

Taste differs I suppose :)

I hated Kill Bill. I've never even seen Kill Bill 2 and I've only seen about 1/2 of Kill Bill 1. Those movies are just mindless. Completely mindless.

How can you hate a movie that you didn't see?

I thought the 2.5 hours went by incredibly fast.

Taste differs I suppose :)

Or someone forgot to take their ADHD pill. :p JK Matt.

Just saw it today. I thought it was great. Not enough of the Bastards, like others have said, but still a very good film. I like films that take the time to tell the story. I hate, HATE, when films or TV shows chop/cut/dice their footage down to a level to appease those with the attention span of a slug. I hope they come out with an extended cut of the film, because I'm pretty sure I saw footage in the trailers that was missing from the film. For example, I distinctly remember a clip of one of the bastards running down a dark stone hallway, while shooting a massive machine gun. I don't remember seeing that part in the film.

Anyway, I give it a solid 8.5/10

Last edited:
I see what they did there.

All the awesome Basterd footage they shot is going to be in the deleted scenes, so we have to buy the DVD.

I watched the German, dubbed version of Inglourious Basterds yesterday, and while I can only recomment to stick with the original version even if Brad Pitt is hard to understand, there is one question that came up.

When Landa talks to the dairy farmer LaPadite in the beginning, he seems quite satisfied with being called "the Jew hunter". But towards the end, when talking to Raines and "the little man", it seems he isn't happy with that title at all. I never understood that, can anyone explain?

When Landa talks to the dairy farmer LaPadite in the beginning, he seems quite satisfied with being called "the Jew hunter". But towards the end, when talking to Raines and "the little man", it seems he isn't happy with that title at all. I never understood that, can anyone explain?
Well, when I watched the film I assumed it was because he was actually hunting jews at the time. He suspected the dairy farmer was hiding a family and was trying to intimidate him. Forcing the owner to say the title aloud was another way to scare him. But that tactic wouldn't work on The Basterds, since they were using things like that to get themselves angry, violent, and vengeful. If he acted happy with that title in front of Raines, it would just make Raines angry and any negotiations that much more difficult.

Of course, he may not have ever been happy with that title. He seemed like a very intelligent individual and probably aspired to more than just being good at hunting down innocent men, women, and children. Being famous for only that, and earning a nickname for it, was probably more insulting than anything else. But he would still use it to scare dairy farmers into surrendering his quarry.

also, did anyone catch the Kelly's Heroes reference? :D

I am glad that i am not the only one to spot this :D : at the end of the movie , in the cin?ma when the german sniper in his white suit goes upstairs to meet M?lanie Laurent in the projectionist cabin , the soundtrack is the same that the one in Kelly's heroes when the US sniper is in the church tower in the "french" village of Clarmont if i recall well.

IMHO Kelly's Heroes is a much better film than Inglorious Basterds , funnier , more clever , better dialogue ...

The only thing that saves the film is the Christopher Waltz's caracter and the hilarious way he speaks french and the only funny line is his question to Diane Kruger about how she broke her leg.

Speaking of Diane Kruger , she is well known in France because as a bilingual actress she made numerous films here.

To sum up my opinion : this film is not a good one because it hesitates between a "serious" film and a "comedy" film.