INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hello FG'ers!

My name's Holly. I'm a dreaded American. I found this lovely little haven when I began taking my interest in Top Gear to a higher level than just casual observer.

I've always had a passing interest in cars, but now that seems to have grown quite a bit. When I was a wee lassie, I loved vintage cars, roadsters, and street rods. And, having a bf at the time who was obsessed with the Pontiac Fiero ( I know, I know...fire traps) helped it along a bit.

Fast forward 15 or so odd years later, and now my Top Gear interest is in full bloom. Adore the boys, and have an especially huge fondness (i.e. massive lusting crush) for Jeremy, and generally enjoy the show and find it spiffing.

Have discovered that my former dream car is rubbish. (Alfa Romeo Spider) But, have found new dream cars that I don't care if they are rubbish. (Morgan 4/4, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Ferrari 599 GTO, and the Merc SLS AMG)

Well, that's me all over, then. Cheers!

How YOU doin'?

Hey all,

Hadn't introduced myself here either yet.

I'm mostly of British parentage, but grew up and went to school in Belgium (less rain, better food...:))

I've been fascinated with Asia (and Asian girls I suppose...) for a long time, so I studied Chinese and have lived and worked in Shanghai for the last 5 years.

I've allways loved speed, even though my parents allways bought the most unbelievably boring cars you could possibly imagine and they allways prevented me from buying a motorbike. When I was old enough, I made some money, rebelled and got a Suzuki GSXR400, then an SV650S (I actually still own this, it's rotting away in a shed...) and then a GSXR 750. Having miraculously survived some dramatic crashes, I got posted in China.

At first I gave up on speed, but the bug just wouldn't let go, especially since I could still download Top Gear here and play Gran Turismo! So, I took the license test the Chinese way... (only had a bike license) Even though I'd only occasionally driven my dad's ancient Civic Diesel back home, I just KNEW that somehow teaching people to reverse into a parking spot by sticking your head out of the window probably wasn't right...it explains a lot about Chinese traffic.

Anyway, I then got a 2L Mazda3 as it wasn't too expensive, but not slow and to get a feel for driving here. Sold it after a year and got my current car, which I'd dreamed for years of owning: a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

You can read all about it here:

http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/my-lancer-evolution-ix-in-shanghai-48504/

Anyway, not sure what's next. I sort of like the idea of owning a Nissan GT-R in a few years, but only if I go back to Europe; the Evo will be the last car I own here and I'm slowly starting to think I'll never want to sell it...

Anway, happy motoring!

..my names Steve, i'm from Blighty and like ......stuff

music, vidding, photography, cars, bikes and things of that nature

How YOU doin'?

You're doing it wrong! Let me show you:

Hello FG'ers!

My name's Holly. I'm a dreaded American. I found this lovely little haven when I began taking my interest in Top Gear to a higher level than just casual observer.

I've always had a passing interest in cars, but now that seems to have grown quite a bit. When I was a wee lassie, I loved vintage cars, roadsters, and street rods. And, having a bf at the time who was obsessed with the Pontiac Fiero ( I know, I know...fire traps) helped it along a bit.

Fast forward 15 or so odd years later, and now my Top Gear interest is in full bloom. Adore the boys, and have an especially huge fondness (i.e. massive lusting crush) for Jeremy, and generally enjoy the show and find it spiffing.

Have discovered that my former dream car is rubbish. (Alfa Romeo Spider) But, have found new dream cars that I don't care if they are rubbish. (Morgan 4/4, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Ferrari 599 GTO, and the Merc SLS AMG)

Well, that's me all over, then. Cheers!

:james: Hello

Hey everyone,
My name is Ian, I live in Idaho USA. I race both a class 1600 and class 10 desert race buggys (yes i have raced in the baja 1000). I drive a 1994 toyota mr2 and a 2001 toyota 4runner limited trd supercharged as my daily drivers. Found this site looking for some top gear episodes.

Have a great day

I am baskone. The american scourge of railfans everywhere, but feel free to ask me my opinion on tuners and gas prices ;)

Hey, I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join. From the states, and I'm in college. I love the atmosphere here. Just fantastic.

Hi, I?m from Georgia. I?ve been watching Top Gear (and lurking here) for a while now.

I can't imagine what it's like to be a noob here. (must suck!)

Should anyone need sage advice on how to endear the netizens of FG, look no further than me (Henry "Hive" Swanson).
I made my reputation here through message board savvy and guile.

Hey, I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join. From the states, and I'm in college. I love the atmosphere here. Just fantastic.
Hi, I?m from Georgia. I?ve been watching Top Gear (and lurking here) for a while now.
Ooh, that's how I got my start on here. This is a lovely place, and I hope you enjoy ;)

Hey everyone!

First off, if anyone was wondering- Yes my username is "Exige" as in the Lotus Exige (my dream car :cool:)

Anyway, my name's Josh and I just registered here a couple days ago, though I've been a lurker for the past few months or so! I frequent the computer tech forum Guru3D under the same alias (Exige245 to be precise). I'm an Undergrad student studying International Relations at the University of Central Florida. I have about just 2 semesters left till I get my bachelors! I'm quite fond of both jets and cars if anyone ever wants to discuss either topic!

My first vehicle was a 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0L V6 - traded in to acquire my 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Sedan (which I love dearly, its such a fun & practical daily driver car)

Anyway, the community here seems really great I'm glad to be a part of it now! Catch ya laterz!

Welcome to FinalGear. Enjoy your stay.Karoug's Special pic avalable upon request. :p

Last edited:
Welcome to FinalGear. Enjoy your stay.Karoug's Special pic avalable upon request. :p

Don't forget that I need $1 for every view, i might be cheap but I'm not free!

Hi, I'm Jimmy but most people just call me by my screen name, Blay.

I'm from Sydney, Australia and only recently got my Ps (FREEDOM!!). Been registered for a while but I've been lurking all these years... =\ hahahah

I only got a little Mazda 323 but it's my first car, it's mine and I love it to bits. I'm a complete car nut so hopefully I'll have something with a bit more 'oompf' later :) Nice to meet you all! :D

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Frank. I'm posting because the site says it's a good idea so I don't get labeled as a spammer.

I'm a machinist, student of engineering, I drive a 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

Greetings, I'm cliffemall from the USA. I've been lurking around here on the forums for a couple years, just thought I would (finally) post here to introduce myself. :)

Hi
I'm Andreas from G?tersloh in Germany (the guys from the uk might know it because the British Army has a Regiment based at a former RAF Airport)

I'm 23 years old, I work as a Car mechanic

My hobbies are Tractorpulling and high performance Diesel tuning

My cars:
Bmw 316i E30 my (my first car - sold)
Bmw 318i Touring E36 (for parts - scrapped)
Bmw 324td Touring E30 (current daily driver)
Seat Corrado TDI (for parts)
VW Caddy 14d (200hp diesel tuning project today not more than a piece of rust^^)
And my special baby a 1976 IHC 1466 Tractor i got me imported from Texas

Hey folks,

I'm Matthew, but im mainly known as 'Gil'. I live on the outskirts of Dundee in Scotland, im 19 and not got alot on my plate atm.
Interested in gaming, well i say interested i mean mad for as im never not playing them, RPG's, FPS's, MMO's etc. Atm im mainly playing WoW and Tdu2, waiting on a few games to come out this year that i think are gonna be really good :)

g'day
i'm kevin and i'm from Australia. lol. i'm a geek and a car nut.

ride: 2007 Ford Falcon XR8 ute
hobbies: model cars, computer games

Hey there. Long time listener, first time poster :p Just thought i'd introduce myself

I have a 98 Legacy GTB, which I've single turbo converted with a forged V3 sti engine. Nom nom nom.

5520563443_097b279927_b.jpg