INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Been reading on this forum forever but for some stupid reason never got around to registering. Anyway, the name's Sean, I'm a 20-year-old Scot living in Texas. Drove a 2000 Ford Police Interceptor for 4 years until an 18-wheeler and a retaining wall put an end to that. Now thoroughly enjoying my '95 MX-5 Miata, and like everyone else on this forum I of course regard Clarkson & Co. as the best thing on TV. Personally I enjoy photography, shotgun shooting, spending more money than I really should on watches, finding twisty back roads, spy novels and Marlboro Reds.

...now that I come to think of it, I don't recall formally introducing myself.

My name is Dan. Currently I'm a student at the University of Pittsburgh, studying in the field of Information Technology. Been popping in and out of this place for quite a while (note Join Date). Can't really remember how I found this site, but I'm glad I did. Wonderful community!

I'm originally from Mexico. Born in Guadalajara and moved to my mother's home town of Puebla when I was 2 (shortly after my brother was born). My family moved to the United States in 1996. I've lived in Blawnox, Pennsylvania (just up the Allegheny river from downtown Pittsburgh) since then. Last year I became a naturalized U.S. citizen (I can finally vote!!!).

I've been an avid rail fan for a large portion of my life. Not really sure where that interest came from. Picked up an interest in cars when I was about 12, though that interest didn't gain momentum until I was 15. Got my first - and current - car at 18 (yeah, that piece of junk). Been trying to get a better one for a while, however the finances have never come together for that to materialize.

Been a big fan of Top Gear ever since I saw a few episodes (heavily edited, mind you) on the Discovery Channel a few years back. One of the best shows on TV in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hey. My name is Adrian, i'm an avid forum user and reader. Been lurkin here since 2007, but not until now gotten around to making an account - per #gear's request.

I'm born and raised in T?nsberg, Norway - currently living in Oslo due to schoolstuff and such. I have been in a wheelchair (disabled from the chest and down) from a car accident when i was 4 years old - oh the irony, i know. I have watched Top Gear for as long as i can remember, and is currently on my third car! No licence yet as it was suspended after i totalled the Volvo (not my fault!.) I currently have a shiny (Diamondschwartz) 1994 BMW 850 CiA parked in my garage, and a nice little '68 DeVille in storage waiting for the fine summer weather :D

:welcome: to FinalGear!

Some simple things to help you get started. Please note the location of the FAQ and Forum Rules. A quick read of those will mean you are less likely to be removed before you even get started. That could be an understatement, but might at least save you from some of the more irritating gaffes that will induce the ire of others. Well, most others anyway. Might also save you being banned :razz: Random posting and thread creating just to increase post counts will be :mad: upon.

If you're having issues with the forums (ie the message boards), and have read the FAQ, check here first. It may have already been reported. Issues with the site (FinalGear.com) go here. Don't confuse the two, or the man who-shall-not-be-named will get all cranky.

Not-a-dudes, for a pink username, go here. Be prepared, there are some lovely persons of the male persuasion who enjoy welcoming the new girls on the block. Only some of them bite.

To edit your profile, go here.

For posting your cars, please read the rules first. Claiming ownership of what isn't yours is punishable. By flogging and then death. And eviction. And whatever else can be dreamt up.

Also, don't forget the search function before posting or creating new threads. And please think before bumping really old threads! Necro-ing threads usually gets you nothing but red blobbies, aka rep. And no, don't ask about rep. Use the search function.

There is an IRC channel. Put on some thick skin before you venture there first though. It's dog eat n00b in there. But we can play nice. Sometimes. When we're asleep.

- ashspet

Hey guys, I'm new here and thought I quickly introduce myself: my name's Al, I'm 27 years old and a logistics student. My hobbies are playing tennis, swimming and whenever I can (and / or the budget allows) I try to travel the world. Used to live in San Diego, The Netherlands and Germany.

Feel free to ask whatever you would like to know.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone. I have been lurking these boards for close to two years since I discovered Top Gear which I feel is the number one show ever. Yes EVER lol anyways I am 25 and live in Las Vegas, NV, US. I love cars and GT racing. Really waiting to get my fast car lol. By that I mean something I am proud to take to the track and really cant do that in a Jeep Patriot. Anyways glad to have a board I can talk to fellow TG fans and car fans alike.

Also in case any of you play GT5 my PSNID is same as my name on here. Add me I am on every weekend.

Thanks and look forward to conversing with you all.

Hello people of Finalgear

Hello people of Finalgear

Hi everyone.
My name is neil and i'm 42 yrs old,I live just outside london in England.I have been an avid viewer of top gear since it first aired many,many years a go now !
I first started work as an apprentice at a company based in north london called Hooper & Company Coachbuilders.During 1988-89 the BBC and Top Gear visited our company to to film the work that we were doing on Rolls Royce and Bentley cars.This was apparentley one of Jeremy clarksons first ever TV appearances and i remember him visiting the factory were I worked,this was the episode with him talking about "the flash florida passion wagon".I did see this episode of top gear when it was first shown on BBC 2 but have never seen it since :(
Would any of you out there in FINALGEAR land be able to point me in the right direction as to were i could view/download this hard to find episode of Top Gear.
Thank's for your time.

neil.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I am new to this forum, I am Marco from Italy, designer by profession. I found this forum accidentally while googling for Soundtrack names used in Top Gear and I did find some good and interesting threads. This is one of the few forums I would love to stick around and have a good discussion. I love Top Gear In my opinion its the best TV show on the planet but I won't listen to anyone of the presenters if I am ever going to buy a performance oriented car.

Thank you

Hello

Hello

Hello, I'm not exactly new to the forum... been a long time viewer and just finally signed up tonight. I'm a senior web application developer and I manage I.T. I think I'm addicted to Top Gear and often just loop the entire playlist. Cheers! =)

Hello From Florida!

Hello From Florida!

I'm TopGearHeadUSA on TopGear site too. Should have joined you guys a long time ago! Sure I've missed so much.

I started downloading about 2 years ago. While layed off from work for a year, I had to ration myself as I watched all of the series starting from season 1. Most spectacular,awesome car show ever!

The original TG is the only one really worth watching. TG USA woefully behind the curve. TG Austrailia isn't too bad. Kinda wish Japan would caption for us. They seem to have the knack for interesting tele.

I'll be be-bopping around the forum. See Ya!

Hi I'm new here and this is my second or first post.

I started to watch Top Gear three years ago and it was not even aired here at that time, but since then I'm waiting for new episode till its not relased on final gear, so I can say I have 2 hour of waiting after original air time :)

Sorry about my english :)
Hope you will be nice to me

Last edited:
Hi guys & gals, I've been hanging around this site for a few years now but never really got round to an introduction. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 50mm lift and go off road a lot around Perth in Western Australia. I love going camping and guitars. I've been a fan of Top Gear for a long time and I like the Australian version too. Cheers, from Matt

Hi I'm about 50 & from Maryland in the US. I discovered Top Gear about 3 years ago from internet clips and found that I loved the show. That brought me here. I want more!

Cars: i drive an old BMW, but also maintain my family's cars; a VW Jetta, Hyundai Sonata & a Subaru Outback. So needless to say beyond Top Gear and Fifth Gear I absolutely love Wheeler Dealers.

I love road racing, but don't think much of NASCAR (is that un-American?)

Last edited:
Hi I'm Mandy. Im 26. I live in Ohio. I have a 03 BMW 330ci. I work at a local garage & going to a local school to be a mechanic & disel mechanic.

Hi I'm Mandy. Im 26. I live in Ohio. I have a 03 BMW 330ci. I work at a local garage & going to a local school to be a mechanic & disel mechanic.

Hello! :may: