INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hi my name is Catherine,

I'm really here to share an interest with my husband. Top Gear is one of the few programs we both love and enjoy watching together and I simply want to know more about cars so we have more in common. I love beautiful cars too!

Hello, was brought here by a friend, and started watching topgear a couple years ago. Amazing show :)

Well, hello there folks!

My name is David Woolery, and I hail from Whittier, California (which is one of the myriad of suburbs surrounding Los Angeles). I am also the demented owner of Garage Woolery, a quasi-business that's really just a non-profit, non-business front for car enthusiasts to gather and have fun. It's kinda like an anti-club.

The cars in my stable (sorted by year):
-2007 Ariel Atom
-2006 Lotus Exige
-1993 Lexus LS400
-1990 Mazda Miata turbo
-1971 Dodge Charger
-1954 Chevrolet 3100 5-window pickup

Have enjoyed Top Gear in it's various forms and availabilities for years here in the U.S., and look forward to participating on this forum.
Cheers!

Hello! Scooter here from New Hampshire! Big fan of Top Gear! I also follow Formula 1, WRC, and some MotoGP when I can. I drive a boring but reliable 1997 Toyota Corolla. Not sure what else to say here at the moment...

I am a fans of Top Gear UK.
I am new here but has been watching the show for some times.

Hello this is Wagga99 .. I am in a gr8 place to start off... Will soon get to know more about these forums.. I am really looking forward for gr8 time

Hey Everyone! I'm Jenn from Los Angeles, CA, USofA. Huge fan of Top Gear and F1 and excited to start reading and posting on the forums. In love with motorcycles and V-dubs! :)

Hey everyone - as you can see, I'm not exactly a new member here with my 1000-and-something posts, but I haven't been present for a long time (due to laziness/lack of time/other usual excuses), but now I've started to miss this forum again, so once again I would like to join this community - and I hope to stay here. :)

To those I have not met yet: my name is Kata, I'm 21 and from Hungary. Big motorsports fan and TG lover.

Promise not to leave us again! :cry:

:welcome: to FinalGear!

Helloooooooooooooooooooo everyone!!!

Some simple things to help you get started. Please note the location of the FAQ and Forum Rules. A quick read of those will mean you are less likely to be set upon by the hounds before you even get started. That could be an understatement, but might at least save you from some of the more irritating gaffes that will induce the ire of others. Well, most others anyway. Might also save you being banned :razz: Random posting and thread creating just to increase post counts will be :mad: upon.

If you're having issues with the forums (ie the message boards), and have read the FAQ, check here first. It may have already been reported. Issues with the site (FinalGear.com) go here. Don't confuse the two, or the man who-shall-not-be-named will get all cranky.

Not-a-dudes, for a pink username, go here. Be prepared, there are some lovely persons of the male persuasion who enjoy welcoming the new girls on the block. Posting your pic in here will also draw attention. So be prepared. Apparently some of the guys have never seen a girl before. :lmao:

To edit your profile, go here.

For posting your cars, please read the rules first. Claiming ownership of what isn't yours is punishable. By flogging and then death. Then exposure to sunlight or consecutive viewings of the Twilight movies. And eviction. And whatever else can be dreamt up.

Also, don't forget the search function before posting or creating new threads. And please think before bumping really old threads! Necro-ing threads usually gets you nothing but red blobbies, aka rep. And no, don't ask about rep. Use the search function.

There is an IRC channel. Put on some thick skin before you venture there first though. And armour. Maybe some mace too. It's dog eat n00b in there. But we can play nice. Sometimes. When we're asleep.

- ashspet

Hi all,

I'm Erwan, from Ottawa ON Canada! Been lurking the forums for some time, avid Top Gear fan which is what brought me here to begin with!
I drive a 2011 VW GTI which I enjoy taking to a local track. My previous car was a 1998 Civic Hatch which I modified for the track...but then ended up selling to track my GTI..go figure!

See you around!

E

Heya,

I'm Alex from Canada.

Top Gear is, i believe, the best TV show in the world, hands down. Seemed to make sense to join finalgear.

Cheers,

Alex

G'day,
Name is Paul from Southern N.S.W. and as with others, been lurking for a while. 48 years old with a crook tikka and crook back, but have 2 great kids and long suffering missus (putting up with me) who is a gem. Top Gear and Band of Brothers got me through the dark times whilst waiting for my triple bypass surgery a few years back. I also look forward to any other programs that the boy's present (especially James May's stuff, because being around the same age, interests are very similar). Anyway, you will learn more about me as time progresses. Just one little request.... Be gentle with me .

Yeah, like that will happen on here.:lol:

Hello, introducing myself...I just joined this week to support the American Top Gear show which I've come to really enjoy. I'm a huge fan of the original Top Gear and all things speed! I've done track days with my Audi A4, modified 2005 Mustang GT, and 2004 Aprilia RSVR. Also a Subaru WRX, and Ford Focus. I love working on cars and motorcycles with the goal of making them faster, then taking them to the track to 'stretch their legs.'

I serious illness has curtailed my ability to do any mechanical work or track days, but I'm getting better and hope to be back out there soon.

In case anyone is wondering, my Avatar is a pic of my mustang after it was vandalized one night by some gang thugs. Happy to report they were caught and convicted and ordered to pay restitution. After paying for the repairs and receiving restitution, I actually profited from the whole event by $50!

Happy to be here, looking forward to talking cars, speed, and Top Gear with like-minded folks!

from Dominican Republic... 24... Industrial Engineer...

Hey I'm Dylan from Connecticut (US)... really only posting here because of the stupid 5 post limit and none of my posts seem to show up.

I'm Alex, 21/22 just graduated University in Japan, grew up on Canada's west coast, moving to Montreal in a week and a half and getting a job and buying a car there.