INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

:wave:

:welcome: from a fellow Pittsburgher.

Welcome!

Hello my name is Chris - Same as above, thought I'd finally take the plunge and register

Hello, my name is Dan.

- My username comes from a rock band formed by ex-patriots working in Saudi Arabia. (it seems that there were two bands that used this name. I saw the second of the two play and they were pretty good). IIRC, they came up with that name after realizing that if/when the Saudis heard their music then they'd be on a plane home before the ink was dry on their exit visas. :)

- I first saw Top Gear when I was working in Taif, Saudi Arabia ('94 - '96). I believe it was carried by M-Net & the satellite dish on our compound was just barely within the footprint of their signal. Until then, the only experience I had with a weekly automotive TV show was "MotorWeek" on the local PBS station. If you've seen that show you'll understand that seeing Top Gear for the first time was like hearing Dark Side of the Moon for the first time when your only experience with music is Lawrence Welk.

:welcome:

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay!

:wave:

My name is also Dan, by the way.
:p

Hi everyone,

I have been a member since 2004 and been a fan of this place since! My name is Haitham (Arabic for 'Young Hawk') living in the US (Massachusetts). I have owned the following vehicles in the past:
2001 Nissan Altima (owned for 3 years) -- sold to a friend
2002 BMW 325xi (owned for 4 years) -- sold to a friend
2004 Acura TL (owned for 3 years) -- lease
2004 VW R32 (owned for 2 years) -- sold to a friend
2005 Honda S2000 (owned for 5 years) -- sold to a friend
2006 Honda S2000 (owned for 1 year) -- still with me

Hello everybody!

My name is Bruno,i'm 16 and i live in Brazil.

I always have been a big car fan and since last year a big Top Gear UK fan too,unfortunatelly i cant drive since i'm only 16 and here in Brazil you have to be at least 18yo to be able to take a driver license (but next year i will finally be able to).

And thats it,i don't have a lot to tell about me:lol:

Hey everyone.

Looks like a great community here.

Anyways, I am 16 and live in Vancouver, Canada (No not in an igloo either). I am a huge fan of Top Gear UK and love to watch that and somewhat enhance my knowledge about cars..

Don't have a car yet, but I can drive!

Hi everyone,

I have been a member since 2004 and been a fan of this place since! My name is Haitham (Arabic for 'Young Hawk') living in the US (Massachusetts). I have owned the following vehicles in the past:
2001 Nissan Altima (owned for 3 years) -- sold to a friend
2002 BMW 325xi (owned for 4 years) -- sold to a friend
2004 Acura TL (owned for 3 years) -- lease
2004 VW R32 (owned for 2 years) -- sold to a friend
2005 Honda S2000 (owned for 5 years) -- sold to a friend
2006 Honda S2000 (owned for 1 year) -- still with me
Hello from Boston and welcome!

Hello from Romania. :)

I am Morcovea?? and i have a passion for cars and everything that comes from this world - parts, driving, TG shows etc.

In life i have a normal car and i drive with respect to my life and my passengers. When i want speed, i watch TG or FG.

I salut you all. :)

Last edited:
Hey all -

I am Jonathan and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I currently own a 1984 Porsche 911 Targa - which I absolutely love to drive.

I did a bit of work on the car a few years back - and it has been running well since then. I am currently spending July in Eastern Pennsylvania - where the driving is awesome.

I have autocrossed the car a handful of times - which is a blast - but with some young kids, have taken a few years off.

I spotted a parked Opel GT a few days back - and found this forum while doing some research on the car. It is a great looking car - but sounds like an engine rebuild would be required to get it moving....

So I will stick with the 911 for now....

While I tend towards Porsche (I also had a 944 and love the look of the 968 and 928), I really appreciate the beauty of all old sports cars and would love to have a stable like Jay and Jerry. Sadly not in the cards at this point. Though a Ferrari might be in the cards someday?

I am a canadian guy trying to work away and keep my two cars on the road... Easier said then done.

Hi, I'm Eelko and I have been a long time lurker. Since I recently lost my job and am in divorce with my wife I have plenty of time to catch up and contribute to the forums.

Main interests are photography, webdevelopment (that's where I know Viper007Bond from) and cars, obviously.

My car history isn't really exciting (old to last);

19?? Peugeot 309 1.4i
20?? Smart ForTwo (chipped so it had almost double bhp and a top of around 160km/h)
2007 Fiat 500 (1.4 sports model, 100bhp)
2011 Honda Insight
2012 Renault Twingo (1.5 diesel)

Sadly I currently don't own a car. I'd take anything that drives though.

Favorite car(s); Chrysler 300c and generally everything that is German-made and expensive.

:wave: hello Eelko 'professional idler' to 'emerging lurker' :eek: