iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

Top split Solstice racing.

http://a.imageshack.**/img340/6581/topsplitsolstice.jpg

Srs bsns.

Heck, I struggle to pull 1.04s out of my car xD
I need a better wheel with force feedback -.-

A 1.03 for me generally is crazy at the moment. I have only just started up in iRacing in the past week or so. So far my best time for Lime Rock has been in the mid 1.04.
I have attemped a few races couple with some off track excursions due to my own fault and one podium result due to a lot of people having indicients with each other.
So far I have found the experience a very enjoyable one.

Anyone following the controversy over the last Drivers World Championship race at the Indy road course? Apparently Richard Towler and another guy used the pit access road to shortcut a turn and gain a time advantage.

Yeah. Crazy that they would even consider it. Obviously that would carry a penalty.

Haven't seen any footage yet. But it sounds like a pretty silly thing to do, and yet iRacing just seem to be ignoring it.

I was just on a practice session for Daytona in the trucks. It gets pretty chaotic fast. I'm amazed how bumpy it is there. People can't seem to keep it on the road when they are drafting.

I'm going to race it though in half an hour. Should be somewhat entertaining :)

Might just go online and watch you race then xD

So what happened? Any link to a forum thread or a video, maybe a replay file?

I think it's gaining an advantage the same way it would be cutting a chicane through a paved section of "off-road".

Personally I'd DQ them. They knew it wasn't part of the track surface. I think its despicable. There is dropping a wheel or two to cut a corner.. but then there is going off track completely, which is technically what they did. Just makes me sick. Just cause you are first it doesn't mean you won.

I'm quite glad they dished out the penalty. Common sense prevails. A pit entrance seperated by grass is clearly not intended to be used as part of the race track. I do think iRacing were a bit slack though. They should have said that it was illegal and penalties would be given out.

So the race I had at Daytona went better than expected. 0 Incidents which I was not expecting. Only one caution, which annoyingly happened right at the end. I thought I'd be able to go the distance fuel wise, but then at 30 laps I see I had only 11 laps left. I pitted from 1st place and came back out 5th. I had no one nearyby so I couldn't draft anyone and was stuck there losing time. Then on lap 44 I think a caution came out. I caught up and was in 4th. The last 2 laps were green and they were pretty intense. I refused to go on the outside because everytime that happened previously I lost positions. Someone in front of me went to the outside and I snuck in the inside. On the last turn it got a bit messy for me, but held it all together. Stayed P4 till the finish. One more lap! I could of had 3rd. Overall was quite happy with my first SuperSpeedway run. It was no where near as exciting as I thought it would be. Cars are all around you which is scary. Plus Daytona is so bumpy that I'm bouncing all over and trying to hold my line. Plus not being able to see the corner is quite weird. You just kinda stay tucked behind a car and then when you the corner the wheel just turns for you.

I'm unsure whether I should do another one. Think I'm just going to stick with road. (A license is getting close for me) Only .08 away from it!

I think it's about the same situation that Brawn were in in 2009. Yes, there was no specific rule saying that bit of the track to race on, but it's common sense it isn't. The same with the double diffusers. Everyone knew there was the loophole but most of us knew what the rules "meant to say"
It's like an unspoken gentleman's agreement.