Is Alonso on something funny?

bihus

Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
Kimi's been lucky claims Fernando
07/10/2005
We're not exactly sure that Kimi Raikkonen will agree with him, but Fernando Alonso believes the Finn has been lucky this season.
On a day when another engine failure has cost the McLaren driver ten grid spots - for the umpteenth time this season - the Spaniard said that the timing of the numerous failures has not been too disadvantageous.
"McLaren have been very lucky again," the new World Champion told reporters, following today's free practice sessions.
"A few laps more in Brazil and they break the engine there and we have more points. But they can change now and it will be difficult for us to beat them in the race even if they start 11th," he added.
"I have been saying this all year, but nobody believed me when I said that Kimi has been lucky," continued the Spaniard, who some have accused of easing off in the latter stages of the championship and settling for podium finishes rather than wins.
"I know that it sounds strange but, of the four or five engine problems he has had, they have always been very close to the race. It's always been the last lap on Saturday morning or first laps on Friday. If they had happened during the race before or on the Sunday then he would have had 30 or 40 points less and this would have been a big help for me for the drivers' title and for Renault in the constructors'."
Looking ahead to Sunday's race, Alonso admitted that he expects to see his great rival challenging for a podium finish on Sunday.
"He can easily finish on the podium so this will not help us too much," he said, adding, with a grin: "Maybe on Sunday they will have more problems."

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=26128

If it wasn't for all those mechanical failures, Kimi would be champion. Probably even sooner than Alonso. Briatore said he feels the same vibes from him that he felt with Schumacher, and in this bullshiting I have to agree. They have an ego bigger than their head.

WTF?? Oh yeah, Kimi's had such great luck this year....

Bihus said:
If it wasn't for all those mechanical failures, Kimi would be champion. Probably even sooner than Alonso.

QFT

Yeah its too bad that Kimi's luck has been so bad this season. He would have surely won if it wasn't for all the problems he has had. Well hopefully next season he will have a more reliable car.

alonso does make a good point...

but all this tells me is that that instead of having very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad luck,
kimi just has very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad luck

Hey, whatever helps him sleep at night...

His mom probably says his the fastiest driver ever to drive too

You all also seems not to get the point FA is making.

KR all engine problems happened in the practice.

NOT in the race.

If it happened in the race he would have been unlucky but it happened in practice so he is lucky to be able to score points in the races.

Amazing show by FA at suzuka.

Scud said:

NOT in the race.

If it happened in the race he would have been unlucky but it happened in practice so he is lucky to be able to score points in the races.

Yeah, every bad event has a positive point. I mean, if somebody have a crash and die, he was lucky not to stay in a coma, and live the rest of his life like a vegetable.

Scud said:

NOT in the race.

That's not lucky - having the engine blow before the race is bad luck, having it blow during the race is really bad luck. So it's a case of bad luck vs even worse luck.

I want Button to win the Championship next year, it would be nice if Corthard won it.

Re: Is Alonso on something funny?

bihus said:
If it wasn't for all those mechanical failures, Kimi would be champion. Probably even sooner than Alonso. Briatore said he feels the same vibes from him that he felt with Schumacher, and in this bullshiting I have to agree. They have an ego bigger than their head.
x3 QFT!!!!
I don't have much against Alonso, but he's ego is getting ridiculous. And fact is, Kimi was much better this season then Alonso. Period.

FA done 1 misstake this year.

KR done many misstakes this year.
FA deservs this title more then KR.

No I am not a FA fan.

I am a MS fan and if someone deservs this years title it's FA.

The only mistake I can remember from Kimi was flat-spotting his tyre when the suspension broke. (I'm not saying it was the only one.)

bihus said:
The only mistake I can remember from Kimi was flat-spotting his tyre when the suspension broke. (I'm not saying it was the only one.)

That was one big mistake, but then again he did the right thing (that is, keep pushing to win the race), even if in the end it meant he would have to retire. But I don't think he made that many mistakes, I think both Alonso and him were about the same (unless you count all the times Kimi broke the engine as being his fault, as the Spanish commentators seem to think).

As to who deserves the title more... I think if everything had gone well for them, McLaren would have crushed the opposition this year. But they started to really pick pace too late in the season, and as a result Alonso was too far gone for Kimi to have a chance. Luck, you could say, but you have to be there when the rivals go down, and I think there's more to Alonso's title than just bad luck of the McLarens.

That said, I'm sure the constructors title will go to McLaren, since they have two great drivers, while Renault only can really depend on Alonso. Fisichella isn't a bad driver, but the way he lost a race he had practically won, in the last lap, and to Renault's main rival is something I still don't understand. All the season he hasn't really been up to par with Alonso, and I think that might be a handicap for Renault to score both championships (drivers and constructors). Of course, the one that counts is the driver's championship, as any member of the McLaren team will confirm you :lol:

Z102 said:
bihus said:

That was one big mistake, but then again he did the right thing (that is, keep pushing to win the race), even if in the end it meant he would have to retire. But I don't think he made that many mistakes, I think both Alonso and him were about the same (unless you count all the times Kimi broke the engine as being his fault, as the Spanish commentators seem to think).

As to who deserves the title more... I think if everything had gone well for them, McLaren would have crushed the opposition this year. But they started to really pick pace too late in the season, and as a result Alonso was too far gone for Kimi to have a chance. Luck, you could say, but you have to be there when the rivals go down, and I think there's more to Alonso's title than just bad luck of the McLarens.

That said, I'm sure the constructors title will go to McLaren, since they have two great drivers, while Renault only can really depend on Alonso. Fisichella isn't a bad driver, but the way he lost a race he had practically won, in the last lap, and to Renault's main rival is something I still don't understand. All the season he hasn't really been up to par with Alonso, and I think that might be a handicap for Renault to score both championships (drivers and constructors). Of course, the one that counts is the driver's championship, as any member of the McLaren team will confirm you :lol:

I'm not telling the title wasn't deserved (nor I'm telling you said I did). After all, it is a championship, based on chassis, tyres, aerodynamics, engine, mechanics and driver. If Alonso won without pushing his opponents off the track, like someone once did, the title was deserved. And many congratulations to him. But now, can he please step down to the human floor, where he belongs?

bihus said:
I'm not telling the title wasn't deserved (nor I'm telling you said I did). After all, it is a championship, based on chassis, tyres, aerodynamics, engine, mechanics and driver. If Alonso won without pushing his opponents off the track, like someone once did, the title was deserved. And many congratulations to him. But now, can he please step down to the human floor, where he belongs?

QFT - Kimi was the fastest car / driver combination, but Alonso had the better package over the course of the year (no Christmas cards to Norbert Haug from Kimi this year) - he drove well and fairly and deserves the championship.