Is it ok to leave bacon out for 2 hours?

L2D

Car(s)
1999 Toyota Camry V6
I made bacon and eggs today about two hours ago and I just found the package of bacon next to the stove. Is the bacon still ok? Will it have bacteria??

Thanks for your help.

In my world bacon sitting out for 2 hours is perfectly fine. Admittedly i have a castiron stomach and very rarely get sick from eating food that is a bit past the ok point for most of my friends

Thanks for the quick replies. I must mention that when i touched it, it was still a bit colder than room temperature.

Thanks for the quick replies. I must mention that when i touched it, it was still a bit colder than room temperature.

you are totally good to go... i say you make a big ass BLT

Bacon is salted, smoked and/ or dried pork. These were all used in ye olden dayes to make good for a longer period, before there were refrigerators. Properly cured bacon is at least a few months old. And it's cured non-refrigerated.

If you ever leave meat out for over 6 hours, I'd highly recommend smelling it before deciding what to do with it. If it smells fine, your stomach should be able to deal with any bacteria.

It should be fine. Just make sure it's cooked thoroughly before you eat it and you'll be okay (not that it's difficult to bring a slice of bacon over 145*F internal temp).

Smell it. If it smells bad, toss it out. Your nose is your best tool to tell when something's gone bad.
:+1:

Reactions: L2D
yes it is

unless it's fallen on the floor, then the 5 second rule applies

I saw the thread and i saw 15 or so answers...This site ROCKS! the sheer volume of information in its pages is stunning! it includes even bacon!!!! you guys rule!

:thumbup: The thread you read when you KNOW you have WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY to much time on your hands :tumbleweed:

It should be fine. Just make sure it's cooked thoroughly before you eat it and you'll be okay (not that it's difficult to bring a slice of bacon over 145*F internal temp).

Smell it. If it smells bad, toss it out. Your nose is your best tool to tell when something's gone bad.

In many situations, yes.

The general accepted TDZ (Temperature Danger Zone) is 40-135 iirc and most fresh or non preserved food should be kept out for no longer than 4 hours.

Yuo know...I started a thread for questions like this

Guess what? I died.

Bacon was still good, i made 2 sandwiches with 4 pieces of bacon, I'm hoping it will be 6 slices thick with 6 eggs.

I'd say it's time for a bacon mat!
http://img186.imageshack.**/img186/6677/baconmatgh1.jpg