Is it wrong to like Wagons/Estates?

I didn't know there were so many Wagon guys here. And look at the different selection of everyone's wagon of choice...awesome :thumbsup:.

Audi%20RS6%20Wagon%20Black%20-%201024x768.jpg

002__scaled_600.jpg

72115.jpg

2005_MercedesBenz_E55_AMG_Wagon_exrrdrvr34.jpg

No. :)

logo said:
everybody who loves wagons is going to hell :evil:

Maybe, but we will have room to bring all our stuff with us.

rs1.gif

You'll all properly rip the pish out of this one, but it still does 0-62 in 7.0s and reaches 146mph

skoda_octavia_vrs_20_11_04.jpg

Estates/wagons are primarily for practical reasons and will never win any styling awards despite the efforts from Alfa Romeo with their 156 Sportwagon. So all wagons are acceptable especially the ones with respectable performance 8)

What's not acceptable are wagons coloured black. Way too much like the very last car we'll all take a spin in :(

K`Tetch said:
and who can forget volvo kicking arse at the BTCC with the 850 estate, to the point where they changed the rules to disallow them.

I totally wanted a Volvo Estate after they started kicking ass all over the place in the BTCC. Everyone laughed and joked about racing estates at first. Until they got their asses handed to them.

As far as they go on the road, they're good for a sleeper. Who'd expect a sporty estate?

My Mum's (former) 850R. I shut down alot of wanna be Ford/Holden racers from the traffic lights, they didn't know what had hit them. Can't go past the 5cyl turbo Volvo engine :D :thumbsup:
Just found this random pic of one. Funnily enough, it's an Aussie car AND the exact same colour as mum's was!!
http://img191.imageshack.**/img191/4548/volvobighx0.jpg

Mischief007 said:
Real wagons :thumbsup:. I'm tempted to pick one up. Seats 6 with ease, lots of cargo space, rear wheel drive, V8, and you can swap a stick shift in.

Chevrolet_Caprice_wagon_Impala_Nomad2.jpg

If you are going to get a Caprice you might as well get the big daddy.

001350-396x249.jpg

The 1994-1996 Buick Roadmaster came with a LT1 :D
It drives like a boat, handles like skyscaper, and weights 2 1/4 tons, but damn does it move.

^ and put a stick shift in there. That would be a headturner ;).

How can there be a wagon thread without me posting a picture of this regardless of how many times it has been posted :p

850T5R.jpg
:thumbsup:

^ That Volvo is amazing, me dad had an 850 T5 for a few years and totally loved it. Such cool cars. Forgot to post this one, not really a production car but how would you look at Tescos with this-

car_pop05.jpg

car_pop04.jpg

car_pop03.jpg

Decent boot space to at about 400l
car_pop09.jpg

My dream wagon

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/9241/bmwm5touring19922pb2.jpg

It's not wrong to like anything, but it can be odd. I'm not a big fan of wagons but you know I can understand their practicality. Great for hauling skis, hockey gear, lumber, a bicycle without having to take the wheel off, etc.

I love Minivans (MPVs), though. They've become so uncool that it's become cool to own one. Can't wait to get a Chrysler Town & Country, remove all the back seats, replace it all with woofers and amps! :twisted: :twisted:

BlaRo said:
craigblock said:
If they were styled individually, instead of clearly being a sedan with a box on the back, then maybe. Every wagon I've ever seen has been ugly.
20050108-06_MAGNUM_SRT8_DEBUT.jpg

It's funny you say that, because that car is essentially a Chrylser 300 with a Dodge Grill and a.... box on the back.

Still, gotta love it with the Hemi.

the hemi is a pos... i drove a 300c srt8 the other day and the throttle responce was like surfing the web on 56k. it had torque out the ass but it felt uninspiring.