Is it wrong to like Wagons/Estates?

kekekeke

I love wagons/estates. People say they aren't sporty, but somehow for me they are the sportiest things on the road! My friend constantly teases me about their phallic connotations and such. Who else here has the hots for wagons?

Wagons are not sporty. They are for hauling stuff around.

Depends what kind of wagon though. The RS6 was better in 'Avant' form than Sedan IMO. The Subaru Forester STI is also pretty trick. It adds to the Q-car image and there's nothing like some huge great wagon kicking the ass of some sports car :D Both practical and fun!

i love the look of the audi wagons, and the 3 series bimmers. the 5 series is a bit bulky.

the versatility of a hatchback with the size of a saloon.

and who can forget volvo kicking arse at the BTCC with the 850 estate, to the point where they changed the rules to disallow them.

I shall say no more
rs2_avant.jpg

hell no!

at least not some of them

0502_1+2006_Audi_A6_Avant+Rear_Passenger_Side_View.jpg

http://img359.imageshack.**/img359/7602/13octobre0573eq.jpg

great asses!

I love them... Love my dads 5 series estate...
Its even nice to drift (on gravel, didn't try it on asphalt ;-) )

I am decidedly anti-wagon.

If they were styled individually, instead of clearly being a sedan with a box on the back, then maybe. Every wagon I've ever seen has been ugly.

Real wagons :thumbsup:. I'm tempted to pick one up. Seats 6 with ease, lots of cargo space, rear wheel drive, V8, and you can swap a stick shift in.

Chevrolet_Caprice_wagon_Impala_Nomad2.jpg

If i were a soccer-mom *ahem* dad i would love either a Saab wagon or a Subaru Legacy of some sort.

V70R, baby!
v70r.jpg

The fact that Volvo raced them in Showroom Stock class should prove to your friend otherwise.

craigblock said:
If they were styled individually, instead of clearly being a sedan with a box on the back, then maybe. Every wagon I've ever seen has been ugly.
20050108-06_MAGNUM_SRT8_DEBUT.jpg

http://img63.imageshack.**/img63/3179/untitled2vo3.jpg

may not look the best but with 20 valve inline 5 power, it sure as hell moves

Wagons/Estates are the greatest. Shooting Brakes rule.

Of course, it would have to be said that one of my favorite Volvos is an Estate, the fabled "flying brick" 850R.

Ah, forget about the common perception of "wagons" as it were. Wagons today are mostly extended hot-hatches. The ricers will stop laughing at you pretty quickly once you blow the doors off their Civics with your Dodge Magnum/Subaru anything/BMW 3-series wagon/Audi A4 wagon/etc.

The Magnum is a beast.
The Magnum is a hot car! The noise from that car's Hemi V8 gives me goose bumps and makes my body hair stick straight up! The only thing that would keep me from buying it if I were in the market is that it's only available with an automatic transmission.

I like estates, and I always have. My first car was an estate and it kicked ass - sure I got teased in high school about driving an old Volvo estate, but the rear seat folded flat and it had a very long cargo bed. Toss a couple blankets in the back and take your date for a "drive." Let's see the snobby rich kids in their BMW coupes do that.

Let's not forget that most SUVs are estate-style bodies.

Oh, and here is one of the best wagons ever, in my humble opinion. The Chevy Nomad, a coupe estate.

http://img246.imageshack.**/img246/5159/617qe0.jpg

everybody who loves wagons is going to hell :evil: