Is my sig too dark?

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
I did this sig in my desktop and it looked fine to me but when I came to my laptop it looks a tad bit too dark.
How does it look like to you? Should I lighten it?

i think it looks pretty dark

yeah, use some LeVeL in photoshop :lol:

it's not dark it's quite flat, if you want some suggestions, a few well places brush and blends and it will shine

I didn't mean it like "is it artistically nice", I meant, can you even tell there's a black horse on the right side?
I'm at my mom's computer now and it looks fine... I guess my laptop's screen is on the way down, it's 3 years old anyway

I have to look hard to see the horse. I only see the outline and maybe a bit of the face. It's ever so slightly better on my second monitor, but not by much.

So yes, too much contrast.

I didn't mean it like "is it artistically nice", I meant, can you even tell there's a black horse on the right side?
I'm at my mom's computer now and it looks fine... I guess my laptop's screen is on the way down, it's 3 years old anyway

i hadn't noticed the horse until you mentioned it...

i hadn't noticed the horse until you mentioned it...

Same here. Also looks like there's a haze over the whole thing like someone smeared the lens with Vaseline. Have a play around with the levels in PS and see what difference it makes.

I did see the horse on my quite old laptop screen with no problem. I like the look of the sig, it is not bright and shouty (and thus disturbing when reading a thread) rather than unobstrusive (in a positive way) and beautiful. Honestly, I'd leave it as it is.

Yeah my old sig was too red, needed to change it for everybody's sake... I'll see what subtle changes I can do when I get home
The horse was meant to be like a ghostly thing not really there (as you would expect in a race track), something that's pushing the Ferrari along (with the obvious reference to the Ferrari logo)
And yeah the lens blur was sort of on purpose, duplicate layer-> lens blur -> make layer hard light or something like that, play with the transparency... Didn't want it too look like i just cropped a photo. Doesn't look good? (i'm no graphic designer)

Last edited:
I'd leave the blur in, it gives the picture an artistic note.

I keep seeing something new in it each time I look at it. First all I noticed was the car with a big shadow, then a day later I saw the horse, now I've just noticed the names down the bottom and 'mpicco' in the top left.

Brand new annoyingly bright laptop screen, and I can hardly see the horse and writing. I can try on my desktop's monitors later.