Is the Veyron a "comfortable" car?

This is really disappointing to hear, I always just assumed it was the ultimate cruiser: ridiculously fast and comfortable (and easy to use/drive).

I need to go back and watch the Top Gear race with the Veyron and see if it seems louder than other cars they've used.

Well, this is highly interesting, since, if I'm not entirely wrong, Clarkson pointed out the Veyron being quite comfortable as a GT cruiser during the race from Verbier. If it was "noisier than a 911 GT2 at 70mph" (and he drove it a whole day long at that speed) I'm quite sure he'd have brought that up at some point. Although, as obsessed as he was with the car at the time, maybe not...

This is really disappointing to hear, I always just assumed it was the ultimate cruiser: ridiculously fast and comfortable (and easy to use/drive).

I need to go back and watch the Top Gear race with the Veyron and see if it seems louder than other cars they've used.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYJlZvaKfc[/YOUTUBE]

It seems consistently loud from 100mph to 220mph, you can hear him having to raise his voice as he picks up speed.

Fuck I'm on a computer with no speakers on campus, I'll have to watch that later, but thanks for the video!

I'll take your word for it on how loud it gets, I can't imagine anything being too quiet around 200mph but at 100mph it almost certainly should be silent.

I can't figure out if the power of the damn thing would outweigh all the negatives that come with it, besides price, though it probably would.

Last edited:
Ettore Bugatti once described Bentleys as "the world's fastest lorries". All previous descriptions of the Veyron seem to have matched that description; this one suggests otherwise. So which intrepid forumgoer will be the first to rob a bailed-out bank and decide once and for all who's correct?

The Maybach is comfortable - the Veyron is fast, expensive, fast, brilliantly engineered, fast, exclusive and er fast. Not Comfortable really.

Labcoatguy Lost at Le Mans to those lorries though.

Interesting article, no doubt....

But at the end of the day - does it really matter if its not as quiet as a Porsche GT2? Can a Porsche do 253MPH? NUP!

So its the price you pay for that ability. On top of the other price you pay $$$ :p

it doesnt really matter when you have 10 other cars sitting in the garage.

Rich ppl buy the "250mph" tag, not the car. It's a status thing.

Its all nonesense. The Veyron has always been built with the same logic as a fighter jet, that is, its not intended to be more thrilling or dangerous then it has to be, so that the driver can use whats left of his brain to drive as well as possible and become uber alles.

Personally i prefer feeling like "OMG WEIR GOING TO CRASH" at 25mph in a noisy, snotty little car. Its more fun then a ball of monkeys.

Those of us who sampled the radio said it wasn't very good, but it was hard to tell. We couldn't really heard hear it.

English FAIL. Sorry. C&D is just a fail car magazine. They don't do honest car reviews.

veyron is lame

:lol: Got neg-repped for this, as expected. Whoever neg-repped me, try this: VEYRON SUCKS.

People really get offended when you dislike something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form.

The Veyron is about as usable as a 1000hp road car is going to get.

Buy a Rolls or Bentley if you want comfort.

So people get negged for not liking the Veyron? Wow, that's real mature. What if I referred to it as the Gayron, would that hurt anyone's feelings?

I'd rather get the Bentley Brooklands or Rolls Royce phantom Coupe.

The Veyron is about as usable as a 1000hp road car is going to get.

Buy a Rolls or Bentley if you want comfort.

Yeah but the Phantom is hideous.

So people get negged for not liking the Veyron? Wow, that's real mature. What if I referred to it as the Gayron, would that hurt anyone's feelings?

I bet that's what the Pagani Zonda F calls the Veyron before it beats it up and takes its lunch money behind the Nurburging parking lot.

:lol: Got neg-repped for this, as expected. Whoever neg-repped me, try this: VEYRON SUCKS.

People really get offended when you dislike something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form.

I didn't neg rep you but are you sure that whoever did was defending the car rather than making a point about how your post was only there to stir up Veyron fans?

As for the article, I'm not really sure about it, You would've thought that someone would have mentioned this already if it was real problem though.