Is your car virus-proof ?

It was only a matter of time until it happened. Bluetooth is a pretty easy technology to hack.

The more car companies try to automate and integrate things digitally on cars, the more and more this sort of thing will happen. I alway find it funny when car companies brag about how "advanced" their Bluetooth integration is. It's just opening up more things for people to hack.

so, what are the effects of the virus? reboot at 120kmh? :lol:

:lmao::lmao:

Good one guys.

lol excellent :lol: :lol:

How do I install Ad-Aware in my Puma? My Speedo is lagging sometimes when Im doing a lot of stuff at the same time, like playing music, putting the wipers on AND going along full beam on the headlights.

:lol: :lol:

It may be relevant in some years time. Keep the silly gadgety devices that I cant see, out of my car. If they have a button and do something I can see, I think I want it. :p

bone said:
so, what are the effects of the virus? reboot at 120kmh? :lol:

LOL! :lol: :lol:

No... Worse... When you're hitting the 160 KM/h and you turn the radio and the lights, the windschreen is full of popups. And those the wiper can't delete :p

Thank god all my cars are old enough to not use computers!

What is really scary is companies like BMW are starting to use Bluetooth derivatives for things like throttle control. I'm not completely sure what their reasoning is, but I remember reading an article where a writer was praising the fact that it meant one less hole through the firewall. :? I don't think they realize that absolutely anything that is digital can be hacked, and furthermore, anything that is wireless is usually incredibly easy to hack.

So if you're driving your high-tech BMW and notice a kid in a car beside you with a laptop, you may want to turn your car off quick. :lol:

yeah but some people need to get a life, I mean hacking a car, what's the fucking point, dammit... :roll: :thumbsdown:

Its the same braking technology in Jet planes...the drive by wire thingy? Its not wireless or anything...just electronic signals...though i think there is a back up system on both

Yeah this is scary... its only a matter of time before someone hacks into my carby and changes fuel ratios...

Not electronically hack.... but with a hachet of some sort.....