It's funny how the world works!

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
As many of you know, I finished my time on Top Gear in 2006 when the show was still off because of Richard's accident. Today I've been invited back to see the recording of episode one of the new series. Like many of you, I was a fan first and an employee second. Now I get to go and enjoy a green room and watch one of my very good friends work on a show I love.

I'll let you know what the show is like, I can't promise total objectivity but I'll do my best.

As many of you know, I finished my time on Top Gear in 2006 when the show was still off because of Richard's accident. Today I've been invited back to see the recording of episode one of the new series. Like many of you, I was a fan first and an employee second. Now I get to go and enjoy a green room and watch one of my very good friends work on a show I love.

I'll let you know what the show is like, I can't promise total objectivity but I'll do my best.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2016/05/28/top-gear-episode-1-review-what-has-changed-at-the-worlds-favourite-motoring-show/#8abf62b65449

To me, Extra Gear sounds more interesting than the main show...

Just a crazy theory, but what if that's the BBC's plan? If Top Gear bombs, they have a new show to fall back on, a separate entity from TG, without Evans and Leblanc but with a tie-in still to the old show.

Just a crazy theory, but what if that's the BBC's plan? If Top Gear bombs, they have a new show to fall back on, a separate entity from TG, without Evans and Leblanc but with a tie-in still to the old show.

So what if it bombs? Did you think the BBC was a legitimate corporation accountable to protecting its financial interests?

They will keep throwing money at the show no matter how badly it does, at least for a couple of years.

imho this is just an attached, a piggy back show, like Walking dead and Breaking bad have theirs.