Ownership Verified: Jake's Continued Descent into American Consumerism: 2015 Ford Edge SEL

Glad you're ok. :(

Did she get ticketed for using her phone?

No, she denied it to the officer. I don't have any proof. Just a suspicion from the way things happened.

Pics of teardown process:

(Side that wasn't hit)
ResizeImage.ashx

(bumper)
ResizeImage.ashx

(rear)
ResizeImage.ashx

(side that was hit)
ResizeImage.ashx

Thoughts? The bottom edge of the body is pretty bad.

Last edited:
Is that even repairable?

I certainly hope not. Haven't heard yet. Should have an "estimate" either tomorrow or Monday. I'm going to argue that diminished value + repair cost should total the vehice.

I'm also going to go by the dealership and measure the rear door gap, if it's wider on top than on bottom that's a huge no no as it indicates the whole body buckled

Damn....

If it's of any help, it looks like your spare tire says BOOBS on it.

:lol: thanks, public.

Rear floor's fucked. Still no estimate from the bodyshop "We can't get parts numbers because ford doesn't make parts for the car yet"

Great, so how long's the repair gonna take? "We don't have any idea about parts availability"

Faaaantastic.

ResizeImage.ashx

Won't the insurance company get impatient and total the car?

We'll see. My adjuster doesn't work mondays, so have to wait until tomorrow to talk to her.

body shop claims 10k in repairs if they can pull the floor straight. It's been pushed in and upwards.

I did not authorize the repair, I'm not willing to accept a vehicle that's been tweaked and pulled out. No way, no how. Not happening.

Now to fight my insurance company.

Especially not if its brand new. And your resale value also plumeted dramatically.

I have a quote from a used car manager friend of mine, it's a significant difference. That's part of my argument.

:lol: thanks, public.

Rear floor's fucked. Still no estimate from the bodyshop "We can't get parts numbers because ford doesn't make parts for the car yet"

Great, so how long's the repair gonna take? "We don't have any idea about parts availability"

Faaaantastic.

ResizeImage.ashx

Pretty sure thats bullshit. If they can't get part numbers because "Ford doesn't make parts yet", how the hell are we building them.

Speaking of building them, I'm at Oakville right now. There are Edges EVERYWHERE.

Sorry, it wasn't an issue of parts existing but an issue of the pricing of said parts.

The lack of parts would be the only thing stopping the car from getting fixed here. We fix damage like this or worse at my work every day. And I don't know how your insurance companies work, but mine takes the stance that repairs (major or not) have no impact on resale as the vehicle is "good as new". Which is why my car is essentially worthless because of a $6000 claim from years ago.

The lack of parts would be the only thing stopping the car from getting fixed here. We fix damage like this or worse at my work every day. And I don't know how your insurance companies work, but mine takes the stance that repairs (major or not) have no impact on resale as the vehicle is "good as new". Which is why my car is essentially worthless because of a $6000 claim from years ago.

This depends on the state as well as the company. Some states require the insurance company to recognize diminished value, I understand.

This depends on the state as well as the company. Some states require the insurance company to recognize diminished value, I understand.

Illinois requires third party DV recognition, not first party, unless other motorist is uninsured.

Which it's looking more and more like it is.