James (almost) going to the moon for new programme

LindenChase

Another new programme by James. No more Captain Slow, but Major Tom by the looks of it. :p

moon.jpg

So he's going on one of those parabolic flights with the NASA.

The episode on space he did for James May's 20th Century was quite good, and this sounds like it'll probably be even better. I like James' non-TG films, he has a very unique presenting style. If anything, this can become as good as Clarkson's Extreme Machines or Speed series, or maybe even better :)

This sounds very interesting, possibly like another for the Open University/BBC, which have all been great so far.

Thanks to LindenChase again, for sourcing. :)

Well, it's filming now, sooooo...this summer or fall/autumn, probably? I've no idea.

Yes, more James goodness to look forward to!

By the way, it's funny to me that no matter how much fame he gets and how many new programs he's in, he's always the other bloke from Top Gear. :D

So he's going on one of those parabolic flights with the NASA.
It sounds like more than that. Those usually don't have an immediate risk of death involved, as I recall.

The only thing I can think of is sending him up on a suborbital flight, maybe?

The only thing I can think of is sending him up on a suborbital flight, maybe?

When do those suborbital virgin galactic flights start again? I dont think they would be that much more expensive than a frigging trip to the north pole with 4 ridiculous trucks and a film crew.

This reminds me, I need to download and watch all of Oz and James.

So, if he gets a funny tummy just going to Fullham and Calais, what will happen way up there?

So glad I'm not cleaning up!

Some more information about this documentary. It will probably be aired on or around 20th July as it will be commemorating the 40th anniversary of the moon landing in 1969. It looks like it's going to be great. The title will be James May on the Moon.

James has been visiting Brooks City base.

Here's a link to an article with lots of info and here are some pics:

090202-F-5306T-015.jpg

090202-F-5306T-014.jpg

090202-F-5306T-012.jpg

090202-F-5306T-008.jpg

Last edited:
^ I'm so jealous of James now... I used to think being a Top Gear presenter was the best job in the world.

But James not only does TG, he gets to go on wine adventures and explore all these new technologies and try these awesome stuff too... and he has motorcycles, cars and planes.