James is buying an Aston within a year

Doesn't sound like he's going for the new one. I thought it was a little odd when I first read this because it seemed it was general concensus among the three of them that the new V8 vantage wasn't worth it.

Buy the old one goddammit.

Splendid! Clarkson and Hammond already had their dreamcar.

Its proper fpor May to have spemthing truly special.

Last edited:
FINALLY spomething nice. 'tho i did like the Jag from the wine adventure

Why not a 911 or a Jag XK? We know he's a Porshe fan, he's got one, we know he's a jagman...

Why not a 911 or a Jag XK? We know he's a Porshe fan, he's got one, we know he's a jagman...

because on his 20th Century show, he states flat out that the old V8 vantage is one of his favorite cars of all time an dhe confirms this in a followup radio interview. despite being a jagma, there isnt really any jags he considers a personal 'dream car'.

Astons are more "Cattish" then a Ferraris??

Fusker really is going to his floppy haired head

Last edited:
He said in a Top Gear column mag recently (hmm, maybe last year) that he's after the Aston V8 Roadster

So its the new one then? Or did they make a roadster of the old one aswell?

*googles*

EDIT: Aha!

motor_museum_007copy_1w.jpg

Most probably, May has finally decided to buy one of those late 70's - early 80's four-door Lagondas.

FINALLY spomething nice. 'tho i did like the Jag from the wine adventure

From memory i remember reading James saying something along the lines of "I would love to have a XJS, just not that XJS" So its safe to say it wasn't really a dreamcar whatsoever.

I don't care if he gets the new one or the old one, as long as its not in some terrible green, with green, on green paint job

Doesn't sound like he's going for the new one. I thought it was a little odd when I first read this because it seemed it was general concensus among the three of them that the new V8 vantage wasn't worth it.

They all still seem to love the car, its just not as good of value for money as the 911 is, it however is much more dramatic.

We also know that the late 70s V8 Vantage is his absolute dream car.

Not at all. Jeremy's wife has a white V8 Vantage, which he reckons is infinitely more reliable than a DB9.

Not at all. Jeremy's wife has a white V8 Vantage, which he reckons is infinitely more reliable than a DB9.

They pretty much all agreed that the 911 and M6 were much better cars for the money. May even said the Vantage was a disappointment.

I suspect it might be an old Aston Martin, too. May seems to have a thing for old cars, such as his Bentley. I wonder if he'll keep a little brush in his Aston for dusting off the interior ...?

So thats going to be uncool now too. Well i guess that leaves Alfa's