James May on Jonathan Ross 10th July [http]

I've only watched the first half (no clue how to do usenet), but that's quite a contrast from the Torchwood Day Four I just finished watching. I love James. I think I'll go off and watch Day Five and then see if I can find the second half.

Dear, I think you could be stuck in a portable toilet with James and come out a happier lady. :tease:
Damn me, I'm getting old, calling people "dear." If I start slipping into sweetie, honey, and darlin' I'll just go on and put myself down. Lord.

Damn me, I'm getting old, calling people "dear." If I start slipping into sweetie, honey, and darlin' I'll just go on and put myself down. Lord.

A) Is that old, or just Southern? I call people hun all the time.

B) You forgot "sugar". ;)

Last edited:
A) OLD! And Southern. Old Southern, the worst of it all. I pride myself on not being Southern. People ask me all the time where I'm from, or at least, they used to until I started calling everyone dear, hun, sugar, darlin, etc.

B) :rolleyes:

"hun" makes me miss the south. Being southern ain't bad, it's just misunderstood.

More on topic, as a geek I wish people would stop James from talking about the engineering aspects of things. I kept wanting to punch Ross in the face every time he said he never wanted to be stuck in an elevator with May.

More on topic, as a geek I wish people would stop James from talking about the engineering aspects of things. I kept wanting to punch Ross in the face every time he said he never wanted to be stuck in an elevator with May.

Some people just don't give a rat's ass about science. I have friends like that. They ask me a question, but when I try to explain how/why something works they totally glass over with "oh look she's on about something again, let's go watch MTV/American Idol/whatever." Thankfully we'll get the full explanation when Toy Stories airs and likely also in his newspaper columns.

Oh and count me in on the people who most certainly wouldn't mind getting stuck in a lift with James May.

Direct downloads:

netload.in - File1 File2 (make sure to dl both and extract)

rapidspread.com - File1 File2 (make sure to dl both and extract)

Files are interchangeable, i.e. you can download File1 from netload.in and File2 from rapidspread.com and they will extract fine.

Someone should lodge a complaint with the BBC for not letting James finish his sentences. :D

If I had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, James wouldn't be far from the top of the list*. At least he has a lot to talk about, so even if you're not close friends with him, you could still have a decent conversation about things that are interesting. Much better than being stuck with Jonathan Ross, I think.

* Obviously, Angelina Jolie or someone like her would be higher up. Pleasant conversations are nice, but some things are just better.

Someone should lodge a complaint with the BBC for not letting James finish his sentences. :D

Absolutely. They should have him back on so he can finish them.

What a cock Jonathan Ross is. I got excited every time James was going to explain something and then he cuts him off! That sort of behaviour should be banned :p

I though Wossy was quite rude to make the ?not stuck in a lift? joke twice. Now once could have been funny, but it wasn?t and twice was a bit disrespectful to a guest.
He is all style and little substance, which is the antithesis of James in terms of bloke types.

Definitely got the impression that BBC bosses told him to get James on to advertise across the network, which he did with some reluctance. :(

But JR is pre-empted this week for Torchwood. So it won't be until the week after next--August 7.