28th November 2009

A fun-filled day that includes:
A Meccano model building competition
Marvel at Hornby's fantastic model railway layout
Make your own Airfix model
A collection of amazing Lego models
Create your own Plasticine Morph
Q&A with James May
And a chance to race against James May at Scalextric!
Many of the experts from the show will be on hand to discuss the history of each toy, offer technical advice and show some examples of their collections. You'll also see some of the amazing projects featured on James May's Toy Stories including fittings from the incredible Lego House. And don't forget to get your book signed! Call 02076 051400 for more details.

It?s on a Saturday, at the ?start? of the Christmas shopping season.
I strongly suspect it will be well attended. :lol:

There are a few of us Lego House builders that are going along to have a go at the other toys, but can you guess which area we will be giving a wide berth.....:D

^ :lol:
Yes, I've been reading the thread for months. :)

(ozgirl is too awesome atm for more reppage.)

Last edited:
I feel like such a loser right now. I know so little about London that when I clicked on the map the only thing I could note from it was the train station featured in Harry Potter.:|

I feel like such a loser right now. I know so little about London that when I clicked on the map the only thing I could note from it was the train station featured in Harry Potter.:|

You're not a loser, but you do need to get hold of a Lonely Planet Guide on London! ;)
I stayed there for 8 weeks when I first moved to the UK. It's a fabulous city, but I couldn't live there all the time - the crowds, the noise, the odd odours in the Tube (that's the Underground railway to you) :yucky:. I go up for weekends, visit friends/cultural/historical attractions, and then escape back to Hampshire's sleepy suburbia!

^^ Come down 'ere n say that! :p

Will try to remember to take some pics for y'all, not the same I know, but best I can do :comfort:

Thanks! I normally go to England at least once a year to see my sweetie...and have tons of pics from London.

But I haven't been there this year...:(