Ownership Verified: Jasonof2000's brand new 2013 Focus ST3

What is this "snow" you people keep referring to? And why do you paint your roads white every winter?

*Australia*

2014-01-19

:lol:

Because Australia!

What is this "snow" you people keep referring to? And why do you paint your roads white every winter?

*Australia*
Sssshhhh. Adults having a grown up conversation here. Go back to the bar, Aussie :p

I highly recommend snow tires for anyone with regular snow. Plus the Focus is a lot of fun in snow with good tires! I put Volvo wheels and snow tires on mine. And yes, even if you only have bitter cold and little snow, snow tires have a lot more grip below 40 degrees compared to all-seasons.
12324047724_bc59d2f1b7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those saying that winter tires are best are correct. Even if you don't get snow, they are better in the cold due to the rubber compound.

Skip to the 3 minute mark if you want to see no-snow comparisons.

I personally don't run winter tires but that's only because I don't have a commute and drive less than 10 miles a week.

You'd need them this evening in Portland :p

I'm snowed in through the weekend. There's a good 3 inches out there -- I'd never make it up the hill out of my parking lot. :?

I personally don't run winter tires but that's only because I don't have a commute and drive less than 10 miles a week.

:nod: Despite winter tyres being mandatory in winter weather, a few neighbours of mine still run summer tyres all year long. However, when there's snow they don't drive... with recent long winters, a car or two wasn't moved in a month due to snow.

I agree with the non-snow points though, while the difference is smaller it's a great value for money way of making your car perform better.

I highly recommend snow tires for anyone with regular snow. Plus the Focus is a lot of fun in snow with good tires! I put Volvo wheels and snow tires on mine. And yes, even if you only have bitter cold and little snow, snow tires have a lot more grip below 40 degrees compared to all-seasons.
12324047724_bc59d2f1b7_b.jpg

I. Do. Not. Get. Regular. Snow.