Not open for further replies.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.

The corporation said the presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

"The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

More details to follow.

Edit: Updated slightly.

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.

The corporation said the presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.

At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

Last edited:
Well, shit. There goes my Sunday night.

Well that was unexpected. There must be something else there than just a fracas with a producer.
Could it really be end of TG as we know it? Stay tuned for next episode to find out.

Well that was unexpected. There must be something else there than just a fracas with a producer.
Could it really be end of TG as we know it? Stay tuned for next episode to find out.

He was already on a final warning.

The knives have been out for a while. And knowing how employment legislation works in the UK if they are abiding by the rules then it will be a long time before the details emerge.

I think we can safely forget anticipating seeing any remaining footage of this season and possibly TG in its current incarnation. Forced to wonder where May and Hammond's loyalities would lie and whether they would continue without him in the established format even if it were to continue.

End of an era?

The current deals of all three Top Gear presenters are set to expire in April.

Forced to wonder where May and Hammond's loyalities would lie and whether they would continue without him in the established format even if it were to continue.

May wouldn't continue, Hammond is already licking someone's boots.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
I get the feeling this is really it this time.

Been fun, guys.

He was already on a final warning.

Yeah I know. I just got hard time believing noisy argument is what in the end cost him the job.

With comments like that coming from BBC and the previous warning given. I can't see how Clarkson and the current TG could continue

Last edited:
Hammond is already licking someone's boots.

Bit harsh. ;)

Yeah I know. I just got hard time believing noisy argument is what in the end cost him the job.

With comments like that coming from BBC and the previous warning given. I can't see how Clarkson and the current TG could continue.

The BBC has to be seen to be impartial in its reporting even when it concerns the organisation itself. It's enshrined in its charter as the UK's public service broadcaster.

Last edited:
You'd think they'd get the next ep out and then take action, just to avoid disruption.
"Fracas" suggests there wasn't even anything physical to it. How sensitive are the BBC? o_O

What a shitty past year for him. First his mother dies, then the alleged divorce, the whole Argentina thing and now he might lose his show. He looked so much healthier and upbeat this season than before and now this. Bummer.

Last edited:
Can't deny this series has been pretty strong despite some naff moments, now its been postponed before it even finishes. I would have thought the thing that would get Clarkson suspended would be something he would have said on camera during a Top Gear shoot. This is unexpected.

Hope the incident is not with one of the senior producers

With comments like that coming from BBC and the previous warning given. I can't see how Clarkson and the current TG could continue

All we know it that is was a "fracas". The BBC will not be forthcoming with details (although the tabloids will be), but the word at best describes a heated quarrel and could potentially have involved physical violence. Yes, it's speculation at the moment but the way the statement is worded and the effect of the "fracas" it doesn't sound like a simple disagreement to me.

Add that up with all his other incidents over the past couple of years and it was always going to lead to trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.