Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand you people at all. I get that you like the show and are bummed that you won't get your fill this week. What would Clarkson need to do for you to simply to want the internal investigative process to go forth, find what happened and determine a proper course of action to take place? In my opinion, this is just another piece of evidence that Clarkson has become a spoiled star that is on the edge of control. If it was Beiber (or any other star type you hate) that did this, a good portion of you would be polar opposite of where you are on the issue and say throw him in jail for a bit. Where do you draw the line on what you find acceptable conduct? Could he have put him in the hospital before you became concerned over the real victim?

No wonder the BBC let the pedophile get away with it for so long, they knew enough of the fans would accept it.

If Clarkson beat the piss out of the guy for no good reason, he should be fired and face whatever other consequences might come his way. If it was something that got heated and slightly physical, suspend him for a period of time and move on. It happens. By the sounds of it, this whole thing was no big deal. Everyone moved on but the BBC caught wind of it somehow and because it involved Jeremy overreacted.

And Clarkson a spoiled star? Anybody who believes that knows little of the man in question. Period. Clarkson is far from perfect, but a spoiled star? Please.

Last edited:
At the end of the day this is nothing more than a hatchet job from people in the BBC who want to get rid of Clarkson, from various reports the producer who was involved in the fracas didnt even report this, the same with the eny meeny miny mo Segment that was cut and never broadcast but somehow found its way into the public. All that I hope is that if Auntie do sack Clarkson that he and May and Hammond plus Andy Wilman and others wave the BBC goodbye go to a commercial station and carry on there, yes it will not be as good as Top Gear which has run for over ten years now but with hard work it can be.

Surely the BBC can come up with some way of punishing Clarkson that doesn't involve punishing all of us as well.

He's rather fond of his money. Give him a soul-crushingly high fine and give all the hypercar reviews to James next season. That should do it.

I figured it all out.

Jeremy doesn't want to be called Jennifer, I bet the race would have happened in one of these last episodes and he saw no other way to avoid it from happening.

I figured it all out.

Jeremy doesn't want to be called Jennifer, I bet the race would have happened in one of these last episodes and he saw no other way to avoid it from happening.

He he you figured it out - congratz :D

Maybe they should have just gone ahead and filmed the rest of the studio stuff without Clarkson and seen how it went, there would be 2 episodes without Clarkson but Top Gear could probably survive without him for a couple of episodes, he'd still be in the films after all then the BBC would have their investigation everything would be sorted and things would have gone back to normal without a hiccup.

Well, if Top Gear were to be over, I would be able to live with that. It's been a good and long run, an some day has to be over one way or another...

But it really would be a shame if there was already filmed footage that they just scrap because of this. Especially since this was a really good series and we've already seen some of what would come up (classic car race for example). By withholding that they're hurting the viewers much more that they are Jezza :(

Maybe they should have just gone ahead and filmed the rest of the studio stuff without Clarkson and seen how it went, there would be 2 episodes without Clarkson but Top Gear could probably survive without him for a couple of episodes, he'd still be in the films after all then the BBC would have their investigation everything would be sorted and things would have gone back to normal without a hiccup.

With James or Richard saying "Sadly Jeremy Clarkson was sacked. Anyway the new Golf GTI ..."

I am hoping for a final tally around the 5 million mark.

That would be a new change.org record ... Surpassing the 4.3m Youtube petition of 2012.
Votes seem to be dying down ... But that could change if some popular figures with a combined disciple base of millions pick it up and post the link.

That would be a new change.org record ... Surpassing the 4.3m Youtube petition of 2012.
Votes seem to be dying down ... But that could change if some popular figures with a combined disciple base of millions pick it up and post the link.

someone send the link to kanye!! :lol:

It had always bothered me there were already film out there that we never got to see.
I am not even going to mention the uncut version of James's drive to work we were promised but never saw. I hate lying bastards.

Hey skylock, I've seen the uncut version of this. I don't recall where but I may still have it on one of my hard drives. If you're still interested in watching it, let me know and I'll look for it.

By now, I have heard two different versions of why Clarkson swung at the producer. Version one was the producer made snide comments about Clarkson's marriage, in which I think Clarkson was fully justified. Version two is Clarkson was angry over being served cold cheese and meats instead of the hot steak he was wanting and essentially expected the producer to cook him up what he wanted even after the kitchen closed. I would find the latter difficult to believe, if it hadn't been for the incident with James May essentially demanding a family on holiday be removed from a flight because he wanted an entire seat row to himself.

Tweets (supposedly) from Oisin Tymon seem to indicate that he's going to tell the enquiry team that Jezza didn't hit him. Says Jeremy's his friend; that the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the media; that the argument was "over sausage rolls of all things"; that he "didn't whine to anyone a duty manager saw the incident wait for the official report". I'm gonna guess that the "official report" would be considered confidential and we'll never see it, but I'd love to get a peek.

My favorite 3 proposed solutions:

1. For the next two series of TGUK, Jeremy cannot drive any motor vehicle costing over 20 thousand pounds (or the retail price of the Reasonably Priced Car, whichever is less).

2. For the next series of TGUK, the presenters can only use bicycles.

3. A performance clause in his contract: Jeremy must be publicly shaven bald in the opening of the series, and stay bald for the rest of it.

A lot of JC's onscreen behaviour involves him trying to evade the consequences of his own actions. To give at least some satisfaction to his "enemies," TGUK should show him suffering them.

Tweets (supposedly) from Oisin Tymon seem to indicate that he's going to tell the enquiry team that Jezza didn't hit him. Says Jeremy's his friend; that the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the media; that the argument was "over sausage rolls of all things"; that he "didn't whine to anyone a duty manager saw the incident wait for the official report". I'm gonna guess that the "official report" would be considered confidential and we'll never see it, but I'd love to get a peek.

https://twitter.com/TymonOisin/status/575811501514170368

Status
Not open for further replies.