Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are children starving to death in Africa, and there are children going to bed hungry and/or beaten in your hometown.

The world is full of horrible crap. If you're crying over the end of a TV show, grow up.

If it's going to be this way then so be it. 22 seasons is an awful lot and we may just see those last few episodes down the line possibly (either via leak or some official means). I still maintain they could do it without Clarkson but if May and Hammond aren't interested in having someone else be the lead presenter then I guess it's goodbye.

To be honest I'd rather see May doing more of his own programmes. I've enjoyed those a little more than TG.

^^ Hope...

No. Why should Hammond and May leave the BBC if they sack Clarkson? They didn't do anything wrong.

No. Why should Hammond and May leave the BBC if they sack Clarkson? They didn't do anything wrong.

Better question is why wouldn't they follow Clarkson if a rival network offered a deal?

Better question is why wouldn't they follow Clarkson if a rival network offered a deal?

Because (a) they've managed to accumulate enough on-screen credits on other non-TG projects (e.g. Toy Stories, Oz Wine Adventure, Wipeout, Science of Stupid) to find work on their own, and (b) given how long they've been doing TGUK it's probably about time for them to do more solo projects anyway.

I have a feeling we have seen the very last episode of Jeremy, Richard and James together. I don't think they have the motivation (age) to start on another channel and they also liked the idea of BBC (what it meant etc.). Pretty sad ...

and also everybody losses in this scenario:
- the fans (no show)
- top gear team (no job)
- producer (because he doesn't have a job anymore)
- BBC (revenue)

It's completely the opposite of win - win. Only that idiot Cohen and some but hurt people win (and they didn't watch Top Gear so what's there problem? Just watch something else, problem solved)

Last edited:
It would be somewhat ironic that after shutting-down the non-forum part of finalgear.com, the show doesn't even manage a full season before ceasing to exist as we know it.

There are children starving to death in Africa, and there are children going to bed hungry and/or beaten in your hometown.

The world is full of horrible crap. If you're crying over the end of a TV show, grow up.

Yes the world is full of terrible crap. That's why I love shows like this so much.

They give me an hour or so to just shut off my brain and think happy thoughts for a while before I have to go back to the real world. I don't know these guys in the real world, I might even hate their guts if I had to spend actual time with them in reality.

But that doesn't matter. I love this show and the way it makes me feel when I watch it, even the shitty episodes.

So yeah, I might shed a tear if this is the end, but that doesn't mean I need to 'grow up'. :p

Yes the world is full of terrible crap. That's why I love shows like this so much.

They give me an hour or so to just shut off my brain and think happy thoughts for a while before I have to go back to the real world. I don't know these guys in the real world, I might even hate their guts if I had to spend actual time with them in reality.

But that doesn't matter. I love this show and the way it makes me feel when I watch it, even the shitty episodes.

So yeah, I might shed a tear if this is the end, but that doesn't mean I need to 'grow up'. :p

Thanks very much for this great reply to that post.

Because (a) they've managed to accumulate enough on-screen credits on other non-TG projects (e.g. Toy Stories, Oz Wine Adventure, Wipeout, Science of Stupid) to find work on their own, and (b) given how long they've been doing TGUK it's probably about time for them to do more solo projects anyway.

Those other shows combined haul a fraction of the money and notoriety that a program showcasing all three guys would bring.

Yeah and I don't see/hear you doing a damn bit to fix that problem. Sending money is not the answer. Get off you ass and make a difference.

If you're legitimately crying yes, get over it. Spilled milk is more important and should be cried over. But, like That American Girl said, it's a show that helps switch off the doom and gloom that is the real world. Hell, we could be watching the car accident that is American television that seems to be so popular but no, Top Gear was/is a fair bit more intelligent than that.

I suppose it would be too much to ask to air the remaining episodes of the season as a last hurrah.

What dissappoints me the most is that the guys didn't get to end the show on their terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.