Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still don't know the whole story, and we probably never will.

Just putting this out there, and I know I'm probably going to catch hell for saying it, but. We've assumed that someone connected to the show had to leak the footage of the "N" word. Is it possible, not saying it happened, but is it possible, that Oisin was the leak and somehow Jeremy found out? That would certainly explain the snapping over cold food. I'm not trying to cast aspersions on anyone, just a thought. Perhaps one I should keep to myself?

As for Clarkson, probably he will try doing something like Top Gear, but without the big budget it won't be much good, hence not really something worth waiting with anticipation.

If they did start a new show and it had a much smaller budget, I'd probably look forward to it more. It's amazing the quality work talented people can do when they have to figure it out for themselves, rather than just throwing more money at it. Makes me think of all those great films I've seen, only to have a sequel with double the budget that turns out awful.

A hard day at work, little to no break and on top of that also being responsible for every little detail of what happened that day (it's not like JC is just doing some easy zero responsibility desk job) and probably having had 17 billon issues weren't coworkers weren't anal/on the ball enough. And then have the guy who's responsible for your dinner go "nope, couldn't be bothered. Here's some sandwiches" even *I* would punch him, and I've never hit anyone in my life.

People like JC are under abnormal amounts of stress, there's a reason they're on top because they have a drive and attention to quality and detail beyond most others. Wouldn't be surprised if it had been a long day of disappointments and bullshit caused by colleagues being dumb, and THEN this happened. I've ran my own company for 12 years, trust me when I say that herding cats is easy compared to the useless clowns you sometimes have to deal with. It can be really infuriating.

Not saying that is what happened or that if it did it would somehow absolve JC, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The hotel provided the food. Clarkson didn't arrive on time, apparently because the trio had been to the pub before flying in from Surrey. The chef had gone home, and so there was not any hot food from the kitchen available and they were limited to cold food from the bar. To be honest, it's likely it was the hotel that told him and not Tymon.

I should point out that Clarkson did eventually get what has turned out to be one of the world's most expensive steak, thanks to another employee who could make it, so perhaps if he hadn't have raged a solution might have been found without violence.

Disagree. (...)

Sorry if this sounds harsh but if you decide to work with TV personalities then you should know that "taking shit from people" is an unofficial item in you job description. Can't take it? Leave. There's only one Jeremy Clarkson but I bet a producer can be replaced in under a minute.

So it's ok treat people like shit, as long as you get entertained.

We still don't know the whole story, and we probably never will.

Just putting this out there, and I know I'm probably going to catch hell for saying it, but. We've assumed that someone connected to the show had to leak the footage of the "N" word. Is it possible, not saying it happened, but is it possible, that Oisin was the leak and somehow Jeremy found out? That would certainly explain the snapping over cold food. I'm not trying to cast aspersions on anyone, just a thought. Perhaps one I should keep to myself?

I rather doubt that. Far more likely to have been an intern who wasn't ultimately hired or someone else who was kicked off the team for failing to do their job who happened to witness it and decided to make a few quid by tattling to the papers.

I'm sure they have a pretty tight team there and that N****rgate is mild compared to some of the stuff we never hear or see but it's the whole "what happens in Vegas....." rule.

EDIT: Former TG Editor reminisces about Clarkson's early years.

Last edited:
If Clarkson were to have a farming show [as has been floated] I can't see James May signing up for it; he is known to have no interest in the countryside, and all he knows about cows in what they taste like.

James actually hates the countryside. Maybe you're thinking of Hammond?

BBC News: Jeremy Clarkson: Return not ruled out, says senior BBC figure
BBC creative director Alan Yentob has said he would not rule out Jeremy Clarkson making a return to the BBC in the future.

"Of course I wouldn't rule that out, but that's not for now," he told the BBC's Newsnight.

Yentob said the decision to drop Clarkson as a presenter of Top Gear was right, but also a sad day for the BBC.

He said it would be a disappointment if the other presenters quit, but the programme might still continue.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have worked together on Top Gear since 2003.

The BBC has so far not commented on the future of Hammond and May.

Media caption Jeremy Clarkson return "cannot be ruled out"

Yentob acknowledged it was "perfectly natural" for the presenters to have reservations about continuing on the BBC Two show: "They are a team - they have worked together for a very long time, they are all very attached.

"The question of what happens next for Top Gear is a conversation which must go on between the controller of BBC Two Kim Shillinglaw, between Andy [Wilman - producer of Top Gear], and the team."

On Wednesday, Hammond tweeted: "Gutted at such a sad end to an era. We're all three of us idiots in our different ways but it's been an incredible ride together."

May also appeared to suggest he was contemplating his own departure, telling Sky News: "I'm sure Top Gear can continue in some way. It existed before us and has been reformatted several times."

Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, following what was called a "fracas" with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon.

On Wednesday it was announced the presenter's contract would not be renewed.

An internal investigation, led by Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland, found that Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

Anybody have some reactions from Andy Wilman? Usually he responds to controversial subjects about Top Gear, so I hope he will do it again this time (with more information about the future)

New series concept: The Labours of Clarkson.
12 episodes involving JC doing versions of the Labours of Hercules, ALL of them involving JC's most famous hate, manual labour.
The selling point: "We're going to get Jeremy Clarkson into shape ... even if it kills him."
Evil, but brilliantly so! :lol: I really, really needed that laugh, thanks very much!

Makes me wonder how long Clarkson would have to stay away, for all we know he comes back in 2016 having taken the rest of the year and a bit of next off and they continue on with Top Gear, I know it's probably not very likely.

12 episodes involving JC doing versions of the Labours of Hercules, ALL of them involving JC's most famous hate, manual labour.
The selling point: "We're going to get Jeremy Clarkson into shape ... even if it kills him."

:rofl: and :+1:

Anybody have some reactions from Andy Wilman? Usually he responds to controversial subjects about Top Gear, so I hope he will do it again this time (with more information about the future)

I expect a measured and calm post on the official TG site in time but probably not until Andy has decided where his own loyaties and future lie.

Makes me wonder how long Clarkson would have to stay away, for all we know he comes back in 2016 having taken the rest of the year and a bit of next off and they continue on with Top Gear, I know it's probably not very likely.

Can't see that happening.

It seems a shame that all these people are having to decide wether or not to abandon the program they spent the past 12 - 13 years building.

I highly doubt we'll see Clarkson on the BBC in a meaningful way again, certainly not a regular series. They may have him in the odd special here and there, but not a regular employee.

I could see him to the odd program here and there.

I rather doubt that. Far more likely to have been an intern who wasn't ultimately hired or someone else who was kicked off the team for failing to do their job who happened to witness it and decided to make a few quid by tattling to the papers.

I'm sure they have a pretty tight team there and that N****rgate is mild compared to some of the stuff we never hear or see but it's the whole "what happens in Vegas....." rule.

EDIT: Former TG Editor reminisces about Clarkson's early years.

I was thinking of all the 'leaks' lately that seem to have contributed to Clarkson's firing. With all the crap going on in his life...was this maybe just an 'out' for him to take? Knowing he just needed to get away from Top Gear to get his life in order, but not wanting to quit himself?

With their contracts up here in a few weeks, this would be the most convenient time to do this. Just ...wondering.

Might use his new farm for some of this

k_dPvKXV_bigger.jpeg

Update on Jeremy Clarkson incident

Over the past few days, we have been contacted by concerned members of the public, who have seen media coverage about Jeremy Clarkson's actions at Simonstone Hall, and who want to know what action the police are taking.
NYP crest

No-one who was present at the hotel during the incident came forward to report an offence to the police. Nonetheless, we have a duty to investigate where we believe an offence might have been committed, and that is what we have been doing with this case.

We have already spoken to some people who were in the hotel at the time, but there are still others we need to speak to, who could help us to determine exactly what happened. Also, as is usual in these circumstances, we have made contact with Mr Tymon through his lawyers, to ask him to speak to us so we can ascertain how he wishes to pursue this matter.

When these routine enquiries are completed, we will be able to assess whether or not further action needs to be taken from a police perspective.

Meanwhile, we'd like to reassure the public that the matter is in hand, and we dealing with it responsibly and proportionately.
http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/15216

Im not from Uk.

But it seems a bit unnessecary from the press to stand guard outside James May's house/appartment ?
How come no one ask Richard Hammond about his thoughts ?
Why are the press concentrating on James ?
He didnt do anything wrong. Damn, i should spray them with the water or something. - damn, bug off !

Status
Not open for further replies.