Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Wilman staying is a pretty big statement. If the show is going to be retooled after the departure of its three presenters, then Wilman is going to be there for that like he was in 2002.

Andy Wilman staying is a pretty big statement. If the show is going to be retooled after the departure of its three presenters, then Wilman is going to be there for that like he was in 2002.

He states that the leaked letter was not a statement of resignation. It seems to me that people immediately assume he's not leaving when saying that. It's just a clarification of the leak.

Last edited:
Apparently if you look up "class act" in the next edition of the OED, the definition given is "James May". What a gentleman. At least someone involved with TG is going to come out of this whole sorry saga with dignity.

He states that the leaked letter was not a statement of resignation. It seems to me that people immediately assume he's not leaving when saying that. It's just a clarification of the leak.

Why would he make a public statement in which he talks about not liking to make public statements saying he won't resign if he was planning to resign? How does that make sense!?
I think people here just want to see Netflix gear and realise he's essential to the formula but I think we have to remember that Wilman etc really love Top Gear and that retooling the show again is probably an attractive opportunity even if his old buddy Jeremy can't be there with him.

Why would he make a public statement in which he talks about not liking to make public statements saying he won't resign if he was planning to resign? How does that make sense!?

He wouldn't help the situation by claiming he'd quit now. I just see it as a measure of trying to keep the situation more stable. Seems like a perfectly legitimate action to me.

He wouldn't help the situation by claiming he'd quit now. I just see it as a measure of trying to keep the situation more stable. Seems like a perfectly legitimate action to me.

He doesn't have to say anything, who's he gonna damage at this time? Theres nothing to damage considering everyone seems to be assuming he's leaving even after issuing a statement that he's not.
If he were really leaving all he'd have to do is let the leaked email sit out in the open and then let the BBC make the official statement for him when the time comes, doing it this way is probably more damaging as it gives up the hopes of people who are actually invested in the future of the show beyond Clarkson.

Top Gear Live

ANNOUCEMENT:

We are delighted to now be able to confirm categorically that all three presenters will take part in the forthcoming Live shows scheduled to take place in Belfast 22-24 May, Sheffield 5-7 June and London 27-29 November. Further to an announcement by BBC Worldwide the events will not feature any BBC branding or content but there will be plenty of the stunts, supercars, challenges and the irreverent humour you know and love from the trio - they?ll also go by the new name of ?Clarkson, Hammond and May Live?.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=940072186032627

No mention of the South Africa shows, though.

Last edited:
Well, finally things are getting sorted out.

I have only 1 question: The BBC will nevertheless get money off those shows, right??

- - - Updated - - -

Well, finally things are getting sorted out.

I have only 1 question: The BBC will nevertheless get money off those shows, right??

James May is class. He's been exceptionally brilliant this week.

Last edited:
No official news today, and tomorrow you can't believe anything that gets published.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.