Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the tg guys made things look so easy, people are fooled into thinking just put anybody together and things will be great.

I expect it'll at least be well shot with some nice music I'm not expecting what we had.

I'd watch that.

Given that Phillip can't drive well, and seems to show little interest in treating cars with any respect; Jodie's primary role is to have nice legs and Guy being a genuine legend, but unintelligible to a world audience, and has difficulty getting his point across, that trio is an awful TG combo.

No offence to any of them, I love them all in their respective roles. Just not this one the media seem to think they can do.

My "New TG" would have Jimmy Carr, Brian Johnson and Justin Hawkins as presenters.

What am I expecting? That the BBC will decide to move TG production to their Los Angeles branch, beside Worldwide, and "The Driver / The Expert / The Wrecker" will become the (acting) hosts of a "new" TG re-edited for British audiences.

- - - Updated - - -

She is doing a good jobin the Classic Car show, she is also an enthusiast driver, so I wouldn't mind her.

She's also not afraid to scream at her co-presenters for screwing up -- I remember her "HAMMOND!" rebuke during the TGUK-TGAUS episode.

Really looks like the trio might be Martin/Glenister/Kidd (I see a lot about it in the media today...).

577308unefemmealatetedunouveautopgear.jpg

Well I like Jodie, yes she loves cars and has a cool personnality. I also like Glenister and his grumpy attitude. I don't know Martin at all... but put apart their own personalities, top gear became awesome because of the chemistry of our beloved trio. Let's hope the new ones will have some good interaction too.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter who the new presenters are, fact is they have neither Jezza nor Andy Wilman to write the scripts.
Also, I can't imagine there being any kind of chemistry between those three to make the show special.
This will just be just another car show I don't watch.
Just like Top Gear USA, Top Gear Australia and Fifth Gear.

A TG publicist tweeted this morning ??others report Andy Wilman overheard discussing #topgear with Jay Kay, but Andy hasn't seen him for 5 yrs #virtualinsanity?

Granted, a lot of the TG news that's been "leaked" and "officially" denied has turned out to be true, and this may very well turn out the same. As with everything else, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Exactly. It's just the press running with a mix of speculation and those with short odds with the bookies. The combination they are currently trumpetting sounds a lot like Fifth Gear only much worse.
Guy Martin works on his own shows because he is just being himself and filmed what he is doing - note they always have a professional voice over actor narrating the stuff he does.

Glenister is a good actor but I can't see him in a proper presenting role.

Jodie? I've enjoyed the Classic Car Show but she is very wooden in front of camera. That's not to say she won't improve - remember Edd China on the really early Wheeler Dealers? - but I think they really need people who can hit the ground running for the relaunch.

Glenister is a good actor but I can't see him in a proper presenting role.
I thought he fitted nicely into his slightly grumpy role in Life on Mars, but after struggling to watch him in every episode of For the Love of Cars, it seems he's always a bit grumpy <_<

The only way that Top Gear can go forward is by binning challenges, SIARPC, The Stig etc. and creating a totally new format with new presenters which goes it own way, trying to copy the present format will probably fail.

I think the tg guys made things look so easy, people are fooled into thinking just put anybody together and things will be great.

This, exactly.

There is nothing worse than watching presenters trying to appear to be naturally bantering...Jodie Kidd and Quintin Willson on the 'Classic Car Show' are a case in point - their in-studio, on the couch 'chats' are excruciating. The TG team were given space to grow into their roles, but however unfair it might be any new team won't get that chance.

It does still amaze me that the BBC haven't looked at the history of TG and seen that it has only been really successful with Jeremy on the show so why should now, especially now, be any different?

^THIS^ actually reminded me of "Apocalypse Jezzah" begining:

[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/jeremy-clarkson-apocalypse_2035971.htm[/video]

Another thing against Glenister - I watched the latest "For the Love of Cars" last night and the guy can't even pronounce Subaru properly. :wall:

Sub as in Red October. He also referred to a rally spec 944 as a Porsh.

Since that is clearly Hammond in the background, far left. then yes. They are having to record new films for the upcoming live shows that don't feature any TG branding.

Status
Not open for further replies.