Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I had seen it but was thinking about it and forgot to post, anyway, is that a good thing? Isn't ITV commercial tv? I really didn't want them to go to Netflix our one of those because I am not sure if they have long lives. But I did like the non commercial idea. I need a full hour not 42 minutes.

Isn't itv a direct competitor to bbc? I like that part.

I dreamed the new show was announced and it was going to be a travel program each week. I would like that idea.

Maybe they should all 4 go into the BBC and with a straight face pitch to take over Top Gear next year.

Maybe they should all 4 go into the BBC and with a straight face pitch to take over Top Gear next year.

Wouldn't want to do that until one year has passed since the DG's decision and (importantly) no action has been made on a "new" TGUK. Talks of "dream team presenters" aside, it takes a pretty big production crew and very good writing to produce a show of TGUK's quality, and if they have don't get a good showrunner, any new TG will crash before even being broadcast.

They probably asked for permission and the BBC gave the go-ahead. It's not as if TG would ever use that gag again or it has potential for anything else so there would be no real reason to say no.

They look so genuinely happy in those pictures.

Are there any words on the last few episodes of the season and if they will release them at some point? Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but this thread is so huge it's gonna take me ages to search through.

The Kim woman, our BBC exec nut case as I think of her says they will be aired this summer or by the end of the year. I wouldn't hold my breath.

^ I pre-ordered the Series 22 DVD ages ago, and up until last week, it listed June 2nd as the release date. Now that date has been removed, and it just says it hasn't been released yet. So I'm hoping that means the last bits that Hammond and May have been doing voice overs for are going to be included on the DVD with the new release date.

I hope they put it out another way because the bbc cannot have anymore of my money unless they bring my show back.

Works perfectly fine on Dave.

I've never watched it on Dave before but if it's anything like BBC Knowledge I'd say no it doesn't, the advertisement breaks change the flow of the show completely and more importantly since it's just a repeat isn't subject to the hurt feelings of the car companies when there is a bad review.
There are a number of other reasons why it wouldn't work but with the BBC they had a very flexible time slot, an episode could be 50 minutes it could be a little over 60 minutes or more depending on the schedule and the content they needed for the program.
"Top Gear" as we know it would never work on Ad based TV, the thing on Dave is a compromised repeat, oh and music the BBC has a killer deal with the record labels so it'll be all production music from now on.

The only way it would work is to do what BBCA did on the first episode shown each week and run it in an hour and a half slot. That have the show the full 60 min, of course they will still have to contend with advertisers though. I have been thinking on that and can't see a way around it, but the Howard stern still had advertisers when he was on commercial radio, so I guess it is not impossible.

The only way it would work is to do what BBCA did on the first episode shown each week and run it in an hour and a half slot. That have the show the full 60 min, of course they will still have to contend with advertisers though. I have been thinking on that and can't see a way around it, but the Howard stern still had advertisers when he was on commercial radio, so I guess it is not impossible.

UK broadcasters are limited to 9 minutes of commercials per hour. Drop SIARPC and we get all the good bits we used to, and you can run commercials. And because it's the UK, you don't even need several minutes worth of "After the break" teasers every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.