Spoilers: Just got back from the filming of the 1st episode

Fasteddieb

I just got back from the filming of the fist episode, and it was great. A little drawn out as there were retakes and certain TV land things that had to be done... but it should look great when its all cut together.

The hanger location is at the corner of Prentice St and Birch St, Bankstown aerodrome, Sydney NSW (check it out on google maps). Apparently they found a hangar that is the 1ft short of the exact same dimensions of the hanger used in TGUK. The set looked almost the same as the UK version, I have to say they did a really great job.

The 3 presenters are also pretty good. They seemed to have a bit of chemistry and verbal bantering going on, which was awesome, the whole thing was very loosley scripted and they seemed to have a allot of freemdom with what they can say. I was hoping they would do the ..." I was on the internet today and I found this..." bit that JC does, so I would finaly get to see what it is that he finds :D... but no such luck! The presenters spent a bit of time chatting with audience members behind the cameras too, very cool!!

The car reviews were better that I expected too... although the camera work and post production is not as "punchy" as TGUK... pans are wider and linger a little longer (you will see what I mean) but its a great effort I think. And the star in reasonably priced car segment was really cool too (vince Colossimo.. not sure of the spelling, was a real character :D). The TG test track seemed a little short and uneventful, I hope the make it more camera worthy for the sake of future car reviews.

One of the coolest events of the eveneing was when they started up the Lambo and blipped the throttle a bit, I was right there.. and man it was loud!!
And another thing I found funny was that they were plucking out "well presented ladies" from the audience and placing them at the front of the crowd for the cameras... it seems girls and cars will always work well and sex continues to sell.

Thanks for the post! :thumbup:

Nice review. :thumbup:

another thing I found funny was that they were plucking out "well presented ladies" from the audience and placing them at the front of the crowd for the cameras... it seems girls and cars will always work well and sex continues to sell.

So, when I eventually get tickets to see TG Aus (probably just in time for 10x03, if the rumours of there being 40,000 on the waiting list are true), I should wear a wig and stick a couple of rockmelons down the front of my top, then? Got it. ;)

Nice review. :thumbup:

So, when I eventually get tickets to see TG Aus (probably just in time for 10x03, if the rumours of there being 40,000 on the waiting list are true), I should wear a wig and stick a couple of rockmelons down the front of my top, then? Got it. ;)

honeydew mellons:blink:

Good to see they went for the T & A for the cameras.

JD