Kat's Peggy Beetle

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
Oh yes. I am daring to make a thread for my beetle.
If you are unfamilar with her, Peggy is a 2.0 liter automatic 2003 New Beetle convertible

top-down-596.jpg

with racing stripes.
Oh yes, I gave my New Beetle, which happens to be the single slowest model racing stripes.

You have to admit, it is a car that serves it's purpose of making you smile well. I BET ALL OF YOU LAUGHED RIGHT NOW:lol:

I :love: my dumb car.

Now right now I am poor, but one day I hope not to be. On that day Peggy will receive shiny new parts from an RSi model.
But for now I have a slow car, that thankfully doesn't sound slow because the people who fixed it after the Trans am hit it used "Porche and Audi parts" because they were compatible and too lazy to go to the farther away VW dealership. That's something I guess....

Last edited:
Wow... racing stripes on the slowest New Beetle ever. :lol: :rofl:

What's the phrase for riced cars that are German, again? Sauerkraut? :p

Seriously, please take those racing stripes off the poor Beetle and leave it alone. :p

Last edited:
mmm no
she likes the stripes :p

You need some 22's and neons.

They aren't really "racing stripes"... just vinyl lines.

I think it looks neat, to be honest.

Meh, it fits. The beetle is a goofy enough car to have some goofy stripes.

By doesn't sound slow what do you mean? It has a huge muffler and sounds like a swarm of bumble bees like all those civics?

wwaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the stripes. Seriously.

Oh and you don't have the slowest one. We get a 1.8 version here in Euroland that's even slower.
Then again, you have to admit that a Beetle is not a car that's meant to be quick

Meh, it fits. The beetle is a goofy enough car to have some goofy stripes.

By doesn't sound slow what do you mean? It has a huge muffler and sounds like a swarm of bumble bees like all those civics?

wwaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no, I mean it sounds like a real car. The exhaust is still stock too. It made the toy car noise when I got it though I have no idea what they did to make it sound like that but all I know is it's fun to sit next to a nissan starting up making a whirling noise and turn the key in my bug and hear ch ch ch VRRRRRRRMMMMMMM :lol:
I really need some sort of sound recorder so I can post it....

I like the stripes. Seriously.

Oh and you don't have the slowest one. We get a 1.8 version here in Euroland that's even slower.
Then again, you have to admit that a Beetle is not a car that's meant to be quick

nope, 1.8 is turbo, so is the 1.9 TDI version. 2.0 is not turbo so both the smaller engines are faster. The 1.8 especially because apparently it goes up like 60 hp if you throw in a 100$ chip :blink:

imgp0450-copy-912.jpg

when the top is up the stripes match a little better with the black top and decently match the lines made by it, and hey, at least it's not a random slap on vinyl thing. I bought it in sheets and spent hours matching it to the car myself.

Last edited:
nope, 1.8 is turbo, so is the 1.9 TDI version. 2.0 is not turbo so both the smaller engines are faster. The 1.8 especially because apparently it goes up like 60 hp if you throw in a 100$ chip :blink:

ahhh so that's it.
I drove the 1.9 TDI one, which was OKish. It was extremely wide for a car of that size though. It had weird sticky out sideskirts that were so wide you'd catch them on walls and stuff making a sharp turn.

also, I thought the ride was extremely bouncy, like dampers too soft and springs too hard, or vice versa. Otherwise, it was OK. I liked the vase on the dashboard, and the massive dash itself

The stripes look good, other than that it's useless.:(

ahhh so that's it.
I drove the 1.9 TDI one, which was OKish. It was extremely wide for a car of that size though. It had weird sticky out sideskirts that were so wide you'd catch them on walls and stuff making a sharp turn.

also, I thought the ride was extremely bouncy, like dampers too soft and springs too hard, or vice versa. Otherwise, it was OK. I liked the vase on the dashboard, and the massive dash itself

yeah it's kinda like driving a ball, it's short but the same with as other cars and bounces a lot. The damn rocker panels though....
IMGP03402.jpg

The day the stripes went on, was actually the same as getting THAT fixed. The swell in the door makes it impossible to tell how far out the damn things stick so I had two incidents of getting it all messed up, along with a huge fucking crack in the back bumper because there is no rear visibility and I backed into a very pointy truck. Damn trucks with snowplow rigs hiding in my blind spot >:
Bound to happen as a new driver though....

As a goofy, girlie transportation, it's a good car :p
And I like the stripes. :)

With those stripes and the top up, a very funky Beetle :)

Glad you like the car. Looks good :)

Nice looking Beetle.

I generally like the new Beetle, a friend of mine let me drove her Beetle for a day and it was ok. I didn't feel embarrassed being in it.
...on the other hand, I have also driven another girl's car a Toyota Echo...I seriously wanted to get a bag to put on my head, like Richard in the Micra.

The only thing I find funny about the new Beetle is the dashboard - the distance from the window to the steering wheel is immense - you can have a thanksgiving dinner in there! :D

Nice looking Beetle.

I generally like the new Beetle, a friend of mine let me drove her Beetle for a day and it was ok. I didn't feel embarrassed being in it.
...on the other hand, I have also driven another girl's car a Toyota Echo...I seriously wanted to get a bag to put on my head, like Richard in the Micra.

The only thing I find funny about the new Beetle is the dashboard - the distance from the window to the steering wheel is immense - you can have a thanksgiving dinner in there! :D

Eventually I'd like to invest in one of those dashboard video cameras and make use of the space :lol:
They are however, massively girly in the pastel colors like mine though, I don't blame guys to be embarrassed then. My mom is actually embarrassed to drive my car, but more for the fact it's got racing stripes and she's old. (her words not mine)
OH WELL. More driving for me :D