Kat's Peggy Beetle

The car is really not as bad as you make it out to be, but why the hell to all girls name their cars?

I knew one with a cavaleer named "betty". Drove me up the wall when she said "Lets take betty for a drive", i wanted to put a fork in her neck :lol:

The car is really not as bad as you make it out to be, but why the hell to all girls name their cars?

I knew one with a cavaleer named "betty". Drove me up the wall when she said "Lets take betty for a drive", i wanted to put a fork in her neck :lol:

mine is named because I think cars are people:lol:
At least mine is anyway....

Actually, I just noticed that all my friends who named their cars (or cell phones, that bloody drives me up the wall) are female.

I mean, I use the female pronoun when referring to my car, but I think that's just an extrapolation of calling anything nautical by the feminine pronouns, ie calling boats and ships "her." I do the same with my car "she's sounding a lot better after the new exhaust," et cetera.

IMGP03402.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sa/samer_enzo/2008/11/28/Bugatti_000.jpg

What is it with VAG products and rocker panel dents? Srsly.

Oh dear...

If the Spice Girls were active....they would've had to have this car in one of their clips. :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sa/samer_enzo/2008/11/28/Bugatti_000.jpg

What is it with VAG products and rocker panel dents? Srsly.

if THAT was my car I would be BIT MORE CAREFUL

Oh dear...

If the Spice Girls were active....they would've had to have this car in one of their clips. :lol:

OK
Now THAT insulted me D:

I mean, I use the female pronoun when referring to my car, but I think that's just an extrapolation of calling anything nautical by the feminine pronouns, ie calling boats and ships "her." I do the same with my car "she's sounding a lot better after the new exhaust," et cetera.

'Ahh, she's built like a steakhouse, but she handles like a bistro. She's out of control!!!!'

zapp_brannigan.thumbnail.jpg

Actually, I just noticed that all my friends who named their cars (or cell phones, that bloody drives me up the wall) are female.

I call my Bluebird "Bluey" :lol: Probably because it's a bit of an old dog, and Bluey is what most Aussies call Blue Healers. Fitting, really.

Nice Beetle! The new beetle is a very rare sight in Israel, although I happen to know someone in my city has a red Beetle Cabrio.

And as for the naming, my bicycle is officially named "Dekelmobile" :p (Dekel being my name)

Those stripes are surprisingly fitting on that Beetle. Nice looking car. Sloooooow, but nice :p.

As for car nicknames, mine are usually just referred to with random bits of profanity, but now everyone calls my car the "Blue Bomber" or "Ze Bomber (YA YA YA)", if you like Motorhead.

Oh well, a New Beetle...

One advice: never ever let somebody bigger than 5'2" sit in the back while the top is up, they will hate you afterwards. I'm 5'7" and had massive problems as I sat in the back, I looked like a hunchback...

The 2.0 engine isn't bad, I think I have one of the predecessors in my Audi 80, but I wonder why in those 9 years our cars are separated the 2.0 of the VAG group apparently didn't move an inch, our engines have exactly the same bhp and the same torque...

Btw: Do you know where the line "Kraft durch Freude", which you have in your avatar, derives? Yes, I know the New Beetle is kind of the successor of the "KdF-car", but the line is still connotated negative, especially here in Germany where we are very careful about our past (even if I was born 35 years after WWII ended) so some people from Germany might be thin-skinned in that respect.

Oh no, my winter car is a Mk3 Jetta and it is easily the slowest car I've ever driven. You get a little lump of power until about 3500 RPM and then it's just gone. Easy to maintain though.

27yrits.jpg

you + your car? :p

yes, I am aware I drive a pikachu

Oh well, a New Beetle...

One advice: never ever let somebody bigger than 5'2" sit in the back while the top is up, they will hate you afterwards. I'm 5'7" and had massive problems as I sat in the back, I looked like a hunchback...

The 2.0 engine isn't bad, I think I have one of the predecessors in my Audi 80, but I wonder why in those 9 years our cars are separated the 2.0 of the VAG group apparently didn't move an inch, our engines have exactly the same bhp and the same torque...

Btw: Do you know where the line "Kraft durch Freude", which you have in your avatar, derives? Yes, I know the New Beetle is kind of the successor of the "KdF-car", but the line is still connotated negative, especially here in Germany where we are very careful about our past (even if I was born 35 years after WWII ended) so some people from Germany might be thin-skinned in that respect.

I do not have enough friends for that and we are a family of midgety short people.
I know the 2.0 is good in the matter it never breaks, but is so slowwww.

Yes, I know where it came from. I thought it was funny about how backwards it was. "HERE IS OUR HAPPY CAR POWERED ON JOY, WE USE IT AS AN EVIL MILITARY VEHICLE, IRONYMOBILE"
Ok maybe that is too bad I have no sort of political correctness >: People being offended over nothing has pissed me off enough to not care anymore.

Oh no, my winter car is a Mk3 Jetta and it is easily the slowest car I've ever driven.
Then you never drove a Peugeot 206 1.4 with brutal 90 bhp - that is slow, especially in low revs, since it weighs at least the same as an Audi 80/VW New Beetle but has 600 cc less displacement... ;)

Yes, it's not the most sporty engine but there are many which are even less sporty. ;) You can't take the cars which Top Gear tests as Standard for an everyday-car.

I like it, as in, I like the car for somebody else. I personally wouldn't own something like that, but I'd drive one, just for fun, you know. :whistle:

I actually really like those stripes. As has been mentioned before, I think you can pull stuff like that off in a Beetle.
My car's pretty girly too, pointless body styling aside. At least mine's got the right number of pedals, I hate autos in cars with less than six cylinders, and small cars in general. See my sig LOL!

Then you never drove a Peugeot 206 1.4 with brutal 90 bhp - that is slow, especially in low revs, since it weighs at least the same as an Audi 80/VW New Beetle but has 600 cc less displacement... ;)

Yes, it's not the most sporty engine but there are many which are even less sporty. ;) You can't take the cars which Top Gear tests as Standard for an everyday-car.

you do not know slow unless you have driven a Maruti/Suzuki Alto.
It had 3 cylinders and a massive 47hp!
Also, the current Citroen C3 1.0 needs a bigger engine, if you want to do anything more than park it

lol at the slowness contest
barbie_jeep.jpg

I have driven in one of these, there I win.
Except I never owned one and that made me sad :(

Probably a good idea to update this thread given I think i had everything linked out of photobucket which killed all their links

Yes the beetle is still with me. The top was even fixed... and then broke again ?

Because if course

On brighter news the drain?? Was clogged so i had to plastic wrap the car until i could find a cover for it, that is thankfully fixed now cuz this shit is ridiculous

Exciting things that have happened since i left include the bugs brakes dying and bonking a lexus and having a surcharge of 8 bajillion dollars. And the brakes TOTALLY dying on a hill and having to dodge oncoming traffic while going downhill.

The brakes, despite having asked multiple people if something was wrong and gotten "no" were totally destroyed and gathering up parts/having the repairs done took awhile especially since the car was technically totalled. And that is why i have 2 cars now rip.

Looking good there peggy!

Also all the pictures are gone so idk if anyone even remembers but i had grey seat covers before, those got nasty from the water backup making it so humid in there so i bought new ones last month + some rubber mats because one of those akso got gross