Kids send Marcus the lamb to slaughter

I wonder how hard PETA would RAAAAEEEEEEG at a county fair. "Yup, this hyur's my pride and joy, my potbelly Glenda-May." *hugs pig* an hour later he proceeds to kill the pig, cut it up, and put it's flesh over hot stones. :lol:

At first I thought it was funny and screwed up at the same time. But the whole point of the class was to teach about this exact sort of animal raising, so the school did a good job.

It's about time that people talked sense into kids. I know a lot of friends that are vegetarian and I am probably a bit of a contrast to them (Put any meat in front of me and i'll eat it), and when we see Vegans petitioning against animal cruelty, I somehow sign up so I don't look like a knob in front of my friend if I don't. It's really hard to admit to your friends that you don't believe in this sort of stuff because it's the way of life, whether you like it or not, which is why I sort of go along with it. I don't know when I was able to understand the concept of killing animals to eat, but I think it all depends on how you are raised. And it's good that these kids are raised in that way, so that they know that this is the truth and be able to cope with it without going all PETA on everyone.

^Well, think of this too ... Plants are living things just as much as animals are living things. A tree suffers as well when it loses a branch. If a plant is cut out of the ground for consumption, a living thing dies. Living things eat other living things to survive. It's the way it has always been. Choosing to do it only to plants rather than plants and animals is just being cruel on plants. Just because they don't move and don't make a sad face when you cut them to pieces it doesn't mean that they don't suffer and don't ... in the end ... die. So all these vegetarian/vegan fuckheads can go fuck themselves, because they're so stupid, they have no idea what they're talking about. They're just grown children that "think of the suffering of the animals" and find it wrong to "kill a living thing to survive", but don't even give it a second to actually think upon what they are doing. They somehow think they're being considerate, but they're really being ignorant.

Last edited:
^Well, think of this too ... Plants are living things just as much as animals are living things. A tree suffers as well when it loses a branch. If a plant is cut out of the ground for consumption, a living thing dies. Living things eat other living things to survive. It's the way it has always been. Choosing to do it only to plants rather than plants and animals is just being cruel on plants. Just because they don't move and don't make a sad face when you cut them to pieces it doesn't mean that they don't suffer and don't ... in the end ... die. So all these vegetarian/vegan fuckheads can go fuck themselves, because they're so stupid, they have no idea what they're talking about. They're just grown children that "think of the suffering of the animals" and find it wrong to "kill a living thing to survive", but don't even give it a second to actually think upon what they are doing. They somehow think they're being considerate, but they're really being ignorant.

Can I just say that not all of us vegetarians eschew meat because of the cute nature of animals? Personally, my choice not to eat meat was motivated largely by a dislike for the effects ranching has on the environment. Now that I've been vegetarian for a few years, the thought of eating meat is absolutely disgusting to me. And since my body is no longer used to meat, when I accidentally eat some (as happens once in a while) it makes me ill for about a day.

So yeah, some of us have other reasons than "avoiding cruelty".

Noooo Spicy not a vegetarian.... now I've lost all respect for you ;)

Hmm what can't you eat based on envirmental aspects.....
Fish (except perhaps farmed salmon) as the industrial scale on which we fish nowdays are emptying the oceans.
Dairy products, cows are some of the biggest green house gas poluters.
Pork, chicken or lamb for the fact about the amount of crops needed to feed an animal before we can eat it is a couple of magnitudes bigger than if we just ate the crops themselves....

But a few that I think are
Wild meats hunted to stop populations from exploding.... in sweden I know of moose, rabbits, deer and roe deer.
Grazers that live on land that can't be farmed might be said to increase potential farm land in the world.. which would add raindeer and goats...

So there's still some meats you could eat with a clear conscience if you wanted to I guess.

And out of curiosity have you known or suspected you ate meat before you got sick? as what makes us sick alot of the time is our minds when it comes to what we eat,
I know of this test they did where people ate food with really weird colouring (perfectly normal stuff) which the test subjects didn't see at first but after a while... (like they ate in a room with just green lights so the food looked normal untill they turned normal lights on and alot of the stuff was still green) alot of them became nauseous because of it.

Salle, for me now a big part of not eating meat is how disgusted I am by it. To me, dead flesh is just decaying carcass and I am totally grossed out by it. I can't even go in the seafood and meat sections of the supermarket without getting a bit nauseated. It's difficult to explain to someone who doesn't have a problem with meat, but yeah, just the thought of eating any kind of animal disgusts me.

As for being ill after eating meat, it's usually not much of an illness, just some digestive upset. I don't throw up or anything. Sometimes I knew right away (some meat is easy to spot) and sometimes I found out afterward, if someone said "oh no, those eggrolls had pork, I'm sorry". I've heard from several other vegetarians that this happens after a few years. I think it's similar to drinking the water in a new country. It just takes time for your body to adjust.

There is a group of extremists (whose name I can't recall) who won't eat anything that hasn't fallen freely from a plant without harming it. Um, yeah I'm not sure how they stay alive either.

There is a group of extremists (whose name I can't recall) who won't eat anything that hasn't fallen freely from a plant without harming it. Um, yeah I'm not sure how they stay alive either.

That's basically refusing and denouncing the whole progress of humanity since the hunter-gatherer phase. Oh, are they ignoring the "hunter" bit in the name of this phase?

Idiots will be idiots...

I wonder how hard PETA would RAAAAEEEEEEG at a county fair. "Yup, this hyur's my pride and joy, my potbelly Glenda-May." *hugs pig* an hour later he proceeds to kill the pig, cut it up, and put it's flesh over hot stones. :lol:

That's just some weird shit. :p

You aren't seriously equating plants with animals here are you? A plant doesn't a have a brain. Or nerves. Or conciousness. That's why even the pasty little PETA people will eat them.

That's just some weird shit. :p

You aren't seriously equating plants with animals here are you? A plant doesn't a have a brain. Or nerves. Or conciousness. That's why even the pasty little PETA people will eat them.

I am afraid to think about what will happed if PETAs scare tactics work and PETA ends up winning and the whole world goes vegetarian. I am afraid of escalation. If PETA wins in say 20 years... then 20 years after that people will start to think that plants are living things too...

A truly terrifying thought.

I am afraid to think about what will happed if PETAs scare tactics work and PETA ends up winning and the whole world goes vegetarian. I am afraid of escalation. If PETA wins in say 20 years... then 20 years after that people will start to think that plants are living things too...

Why would any meat eater with a brain accept their point of view?

Every time I open this thread I want lamb...delicious lamb.

1 cup (20g) cilantro, roughly chopped
6 Tbsp brown sugar
4 Tbsp dark soy sauce
4 Tbsp mirin, Chinese rice wine or sherry
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
16 single-rib lamb chops

To serve: Grilled potatoes, green salad or steamed green beans
Combine the cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin and garlic in a shallow baking dish. Add the chops, turning well to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours.

Preheat the grill or grill pan to very hot. Brush with oil. Grill the chops to taste (4-6 minutes on each side for medium) until the edges are browned and caramelized. Transfer the chops to a platter and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving with grilled potatoes and a green salad or steamed green beans.

Oh! Sorry! Thought this was the Food section.

Why would any meat eater with a brain accept their point of view?

Every time I open this thread I want lamb...delicious lamb.

Peer pressure? To get them to shut the fuck up? I don't know :p
You made a good point it will probably and thankfully never happen.

I like how those children chose to stare reality in the face. Not avoiding the less fun sides of live is part of growing up, so it's a nice life-lesson.
About the adults who wanted to save the animal (specially the celeb), most of them are probably just a bunch of hypocrites.

In the impossible scenario that PETA would win:
We at PETA very much love the animal companions who share our homes, but we believe that it would have been in the animals' best interests if the institution of "pet keeping"?i.e., breeding animals to be kept and regarded as "pets"?never existed.
Contrary to myth, PETA does not want to confiscate animals who are well cared for and "set them free." What we want is for the population of dogs and cats to be reduced through spaying and neutering and for people to adopt animals (preferably two so that they can keep each other company when their human companions aren't home) from pounds or shelters?never from pet shops or breeders?thereby reducing suffering in the world.
=> PETA wants to make all domestic animals extinct, by interfering with the natural breeding process (approx 20 years after they take over the world, most species of cats, dogs, horses, cows, sheep,... will have disappeared)
=> PETA = eco-terrorists?

Fruitarians. They are complete idiots and most of them develop malnutrition problems that either kill them or force them to eat a more varied diet.

If PETA wins in say 20 years... then 20 years after that people will start to think that plants are living things too...

I hope you're being sarcastic... plants are living things. They have their own kingdom and everything.

Fruitarians. They are complete idiots and most of them develop malnutrition problems that either kill them or force them to eat a more varied diet.

I hope you're being sarcastic... plants are living things. They have their own kingdom and everything.

I think I might have typed it wrong. I know plants are alive. I mean they literally breathe. Only where animals need oxygen to stay alive plants need CO2.

What I mean is that if things escalate poeple will say it is wrong to eat plants, like vegetables because they are alive too. We should all eat sand. After all the micro organisms are filtered out. Rocks are not alive they are allready dead. Right? :p

We at PETA very much love the animal companions who share our homes, but we believe that it would have been in the animals' best interests if the institution of "pet keeping"?i.e., breeding animals to be kept and regarded as "pets"?never existed.
Contrary to myth, PETA does not want to confiscate animals who are well cared for and "set them free." What we want is for the population of dogs and cats to be reduced through spaying and neutering and for people to adopt animals (preferably two so that they can keep each other company when their human companions aren't home) from pounds or shelters?never from pet shops or breeders?thereby reducing suffering in the world.
Humans have had pets ever since human kind started farming and was able to stay put in one place and didnt have to move to where animals were going. Even today farmers take good care of their animals because they are a product and they provide the farmer his bread and butter.

Household pets provide good company for people. Children, adults, retired people they try to take care of their pets because of the companionship they get in return. That part of the text seems to imply that PETA think household pets are suffering. :|

Finally, kids are being taught something that is actually usefull in basic survival, good.

I don't see why people are worked up about this, a 14 year old wanting to kill an animal... unhead of? Yeah right, most 14 year old boys here in the UK are violent little nutcases, one kid about 12-13 years old tried to attack me the other day, little shit. I'd have kicked the crap out of him if I wasn't worried about being arrested for assult.:rolleyes:

I lived on a small holding for 4 years and in the countryside for probably double that, I looked after pigs for a long while, they were named etc, etc. Didn't stop me from eating them though, moving a half eaten chicken via shovel to the end of the field didn't bother me either, darn foxes.
Death is a fact of life, especialy animals and especialy in a farm enviroment. Kids have to learn things like this or else you end up with "Where do eggs come from?"... "The supermarket?" type people, and they won't progress humanity anywhere.

I think I might have typed it wrong. I know plants are alive. I mean they literally breathe. Only where animals need oxygen to stay alive plants need CO2.

What I mean is that if things escalate poeple will say it is wrong to eat plants, like vegetables because they are alive too. We should all eat sand. After all the micro organisms are filtered out. Rocks are not alive they are allready dead. Right? :p

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or not. Plants don't breathe, they photosynthesize. And rocks are not dead, they are nonliving. And, as has already been pointed out, some people already have gone to the extreme of not eating anything that has to be killed to be eaten, including plants. However, very few people push their dietary beliefs on other people, so you have little to fear regarding some mass fruitarian hysteria.

Mass fruitarian hysteria. Sounds like a band name, actually....