Koenigsegg CCGT

its funny how the *race* version of the Koenigsegg is about 300 hp less than the CCX because it doesnt have the superchargers (changes were made to conform to FIA rules)

And they actually had to weigh it down, cause it was too light. All the other competitors had to scrape weight off where ever they could. This allows Koenigsegg to distribute the extra weight where they want it, to even further fine tune the handling.

The noise it makes is FANTASTIC....

its funny how the *race* version of the Koenigsegg is about 300 hp less than the CCX because it doesnt have the superchargers (changes were made to conform to FIA rules)

And they actually had to weigh it down, cause it was too light. All the other competitors had to scrape weight off where ever they could. This allows Koenigsegg to distribute the extra weight where they want it, to even further fine tune the handling.

All of this "down-tuning" they are doing to make it pass the regulations should give them a huge advantage. They're down-tuning the engine now, an engine they know quite well and which is very reliable, which means they should be able to optimize the performance almost perfectly.
The noise this thing makes - if there's one GT car in the world I want to see at a racetrack, this is the one.
I don't think I could ever actually drive it though, I'd be braking and accelerating over and over again just to hear the fucking roar of that thing!

From what I read and remember, they had 100kg of ballast to play around with. LOL.

FIA can install whatever weight they want to whatever car they want to in order to level the field. So if you want to show off how great car you have, wrong series.

Maybe they should make it tow a caravan to make the playfield level. :p

i think the sound must get annoying realy fast
it's just a rumble, like you're in an earthquake or sth

year it can (coming from a load rumply car owner) but if its a good day then its lots of fun, makes me feel like Kurt Russel in "Death Proof", all except that i have no desire to kill people, but the rest of its there

some cars its blander then others, on a car with realatively long primary tubes on the headers it will sound clean, but will get boring quick, with a car that has short stubby primary tubes on the headers, yea get alot more "noise" but it also sounds more interesting in the long run

lean Accel (well defined, complex, tone), with rich decel (popping, sometimes spitting flames) is my favorite