Koenigsegg CCXR

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Found this page from supercars.net.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3756.html

March 2nd, 2007 - When thinking about supercars, one of the last things that spring to mind are their environmental friendliness.

Even though the very low and exclusive production volume of Koenigsegg can hardly be considered to have a measurable impact on the Co2 problem that global society is facing, it is an impressive statement that even a small and extreme company like Koenigsegg can afford to develop environmentally focussed solutions.

By following conscientious and forward thinking strategies, Koenigsegg has managed to create the Bio Fuel Powered CCXR - environmentally friendly 1200 with even more spectacular performance than the standard CCX.

These two almost confl icting results are made possible due to the simple fact that the ethanol in biofuel has the positive side effect of cooling the combustion chambers, as well as a higher octane value, well over 100 RON, which gives the high power. Due to the fact that the biofuel has higher octane and cooling characteristics, the power has gone up to 1018 hp at 7200 rpm and the torque to 1060 nm at 6100 rpm.

It is natural to expect a substantial gain in power when optimizing the engine for E85(biofuel) instead of Petrol. Still the actual gain obtained even surprised the enthusiastic engineers at Koenigsegg.

Following the long term strategy of Koenigsegg, all previous CCXs will have the possibility to be converted by the factory to accept the biofuel option and reap the performance and environmental benefi ts of this wonderful and eco friendly fuel.

The CCXR Biofuel upgrade has been developed in-house on the factory's engine dyno by the skilled technicians at Koenigsegg, led by Christian Koenigsegg, Marco Garver and Anders Hoglund from the Koenigsegg partner company Cargine Engineering.

Curiously enough the CCXR is the first homologated car currently in production to reach over 1000 BHP.

How crazy is that. I very fast car which is very eco-friendly. That does not necessarily mean it is fuel-efficient :D . Can't Wait for Top Gear to test it!

Last edited:
Sweet, Greenpeace's new company car!

The most interesting thing is that, in difference from all other 1000 hp promises, this is quite likely to happen. And soon too. The CCX didn't take many months from reveal to production right?

How crazy is that. I very fast car which is very eco-friendly. That does not necessarily mean it is fuel-efficient :D . Can't Wait for Top Gear to test it!

pretty weak

they just changed the fuel for a better, more expensive one

Last edited:
It's more expensive in Belgium? In Sweden, E85 costs about 8-9 sek per litre, compared to 10-11 sek for 95 octane petrol.

I believe it's cheaper in Germany as well, but I simply think that the Belgian's are kind of late, just as usual. :lol: Do you have any ethanol pumps yet? Until recently it wasn't allowed, was it?

I believe it's cheaper in Germany as well, but I simply think that the Belgian's are kind of late, just as usual. :lol: Do you have any ethanol pumps yet? Until recently it wasn't allowed, was it?
Dunno about the recent regulations, but it's not hard at all to find a pump nowadays. Even the sad excuse for a town that I come from has got one.

Well Belgium only allowed ethanol for cars in october or november. So I doubt that there are many pumps around. This car is useless in belgium.

I wouldn't worry so much, ethanol is a fabuleous fuel and I think that the use of it in cars will grow very fast in a few coming years.

It's funny to see Europe catching up on something we've been using for decades!
Our gasoline has 23% of ethanol and we can also use 100% ethanol.
We can't have cars fueled by diesel, only utility vehicles.
Most people here convert their cars to ethanol when turbocharging because of the higher octane and therefore more power.

Aren't there some ethic as well as hidden economical backsides? Either we use cheap south american ethanol which has been harvested with rather inhumane working conditions, or we use local ethanol, where we burn 2 litres of diesel oil to produce one litre of ethanol.

Note that I'm not sure about the numbers, and I actually hope they're not entirely true. Because I run my Golf on 75% E85, and I love it. It's cheap, feels smoother and smells better ;)

none seen yet, and i haven't heard of any car running on methanol over here

and if they arrive, they'll still find a way to make you pay extra, just like if you have LPG, you have to pay MORE taxes :bangin:

It's funny to see Europe catching up on something we've been using for decades!

It's easier when you grow a shitload of sugar.

What are you talking about? if you can buy the car, surely u can buy the petrol for it even if its 2x more expensive than normal. Dont care much for co2, its a supercar, silly to think about environment but extra power, damn...

none seen yet, and i haven't heard of any car running on methanol over here

and if they arrive, they'll still find a way to make you pay extra, just like if you have LPG, you have to pay MORE taxes :bangin:

It's the same in the Netherlands with LPG. You use a cleaner fuel and they still make you pay more... useless idiots. :cry: They should cut taxes on such things.

Veyron, meet your new master. muwahaahahha.

The regular CCX's top speed is estimated at somewhere just below 250mph. If anyone can provide definitive source, please feel free.

With this much power, Veyron is going bye bye!

I like how Koenigsegg always makes their previous car obsolete in no time.

Seriously, after this thing goes public. Someone needs to do a top speed test ASAP!

Naturally, VW is reluctant to lend away Ehra Lessien to anyone... Koenigsegg was never allowed to try the CCR or the CCX there, hence why they had to use the banked circle at Nardo in stead...