Koenigsegg Regera - 700 electronic horses

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito

https://www.facebook.com/Koenigsegg...7092285015368/844655015592422/?type=1&theater

The Regera - a new Era

The Regera was created as a luxury Megacar alternative to Koenigsegg?s traditional extreme lightweight race-like road cars. Even though the One:1 and the Agera RS have surprising levels of practicality, creature comforts and features, their primary focus is, and has always been, to be the overall fastest cars on the planet ? around a racetrack or elsewhere.

Regera is Swedish for ?to Reign? - a suitable name for a machine that offers a never seen before combination of power, responsiveness and luxury, while maintaining an understated Scandinavian cool - In short, the Regera has a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality.

Even though the Regera is loaded with revolutionary technology and luxury, it still has a surprisingly low curb weight inspite of featuring 700 Hp electrical motors and an impressive 9 kWh liquid cooled battery pack.

Given the relative lightweight of the Regera, it can still perform competitively around a track and according to us, the only challenger around a track that
could be faster, is another Koenigsegg.

However, out in the open the Regera will reign as the king of the road, as the fastest accelerating, most powerful production car ever. With the introduction
of the Regera, Koenigsegg will, for the first time ever, have two parallel models in production.

:w00t:

Is this really a hybrid, so the 700 HP is just the electric portion of the power? If so, daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I would imagine it's electric only. Christian von Koenigsegg said that hybrids are silly in one of the Drive videos about Koenigsegg.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider Jalopnik a credible source. Based on Koenigsegg's previous comments on hybrids the Regera is way more likely electric only.

I think they are deducing it from Koenigsegg's statement, saying it's the most powerful production car ever, and 700hp electrical is not enough for that title.

I would imagine it's electric only. Christian von Koenigsegg said that hybrids are silly in one of the Drive videos about Koenigsegg.

which was recorded before the P1 and LaFerrari came out.
i think those cars made him eat his own words...

They've also deemed it a "megacar," which is the same designation as the batshit One:1. That means it has at least 1,340 horsepower, which is one megawatt.

which was recorded before the P1 and LaFerrari came out.
i think those cars made him eat his own words...
It's possible. However that video wasn't that long ago, I doubt they would have started development of the car after that and be ready to show it off just so soon. If they had started to develop the car before it would have been silly to say things like that.

Also the Facebook snippet implies to me that the One:1 will still be faster than this new car.

I guess we will know for sure soon enough.

If the 1:1 has 1300hp and this car has 700hp from just electric motors, that means that the Regera could have 2,000hp. Which is stupid.

1300 isn't?

"Agera" is Swedish for "to act", as in to act upon something, get something done, or even act like what an actor does. "Regera" means "reign".

Pretty nifty naming scheme.

It will look exactly the same as every other Koenigsegg. Who even buys them? They're like Spyker.

From their latest Instagram post, which is a video of CVK saying, " As you know, I do not like traditional hybrids..."

I don't like traditional Hybrids as they are inefficient or overly complicated/heavy. The Regera is something different... Just 3 more days to unveiling.....Exiting:) #genevamotorshow

It will look exactly the same as every other Koenigsegg. Who even buys them? They're like Spyker.

I mean, they only make like... 20 cars a year. The're out there somewhere.

Well I guess the goatse exhaust rules out "all electric". Not sure how it can be electric + combustion and not be a "traditional hybrid".
Unless it's something mad like the engine purely charges the battery and it's all electric motor driven.