Koenigsegg underestimated?

peter3hg2 said:
They probably wouldn't go to jail. Recently some 17 year old kid in the UK was caught driving his dads Porsche at something like 170mph. They didn't even do him for dangerous driving in the end and all he got was 3 points and a fine. He wasn't even insured on it.

Bloody hell :shock: Some bloke got caught on the Hume Highway in a BMW a few months back doing 250km/h (speed limit is 110km/h). He got a huge arse fine, some jail time and lost his licence for something crazy like 3 years...

LoneWolf said:
I'm still surprised by that guy who drove the old Koennigseg at 240MPH and got caught speeding during the Gumball race thing. Either he was a semi-professional race driver, or more likely was on a very long straight road (though even that doesn't make it any less dangerous).
In texas you have miles and miles of straight roads, they are as long as you can see, so you can easily presume that he was on one of that straight's.

Smokey Nagata of Top Secret Japan got pulled over doing 198mph in has Supra in England. The video is hilarious. Needless to say he got arrested and deported.

Haha, I have a video of him getting pulled by the police in his gold TS Supra doing a highspeed run, but i thought it was in Japan.

Or would that be a different video i saw...

C53A_4G63T said:
Smokey Nagata of Top Secret Japan got pulled over doing 198mph in has Supra in England. The video is hilarious. Needless to say he got arrested and deported.
I believe I saw that! The hilarious bit is he was actually done in for doing 130+mph. If the police had bothered to look into the datalogger that was running in his car, they would've seen he did 194mph.

Here's a link to some screencaps of the video coverage for that bit of hooliganism:
http://www.topsecretjpn.com/smoky.shtml

Here's a transcript of maxpower magazine's writeup:
http://www.exvitermini.com/mnagata.htm

C53A_4G63T said:
Was that the guy who was trying to be the first person caught doing 200mph?