Koenigsegg underestimated?

trionic said:
I'm sure future Koenigsegg cars will be in the show in the future. It is simply something not to be ignored.

But if some have mental problems over Koenigsegg its not Koenigsegg's problem. Not everybody likes everything but facts are facts.

And plz try to get over that Mclaren car, its not even been sold for ages and its not designed for latest EURO emissions.

Why can't you get over the fact that people don't like it then?

maximus said:
What the hell are you talking about? The Veyron costs double what a Koenigsegg and only a few will be made. It will not threaten your precious car!

Ah, good point. But it stole the two world records away from them, and I believe that's quite an important part of Koengiseggs selling strategy.

So? The Zonda or the Porsche for example aren't the fastest and they sell. Surely the car has something else to offer.

"But it stole the two world records away from them"

As far I know nothing has been stolen from Koenigsegg, I have not seen any new official tests results.

the CCR is still the fastes car in the world .. (on a slow track)
VW still needs to show us that it infact can do the speeds thay say ..
oh and Koenigsegg is showing us a ner CCR thats ever faster at geneva ..
if what people say about the nardo track is correct then the CCR might do a 395kph on VW testtrack or bonneville (VW wont let the use there track)
if the CCR can do that .. then its just a few improvements needed to brake 400kph.. the Clamed top speed of the veyron

PS: "two world records" ?? two?

maximus said:
So? The Zonda or the Porsche for example aren't the fastest and they sell. Surely the car has something else to offer.

Porsche is one of the strongest brands in the world. It's the default choice by so many people. Dunno what makes the Zonda sell, but they haven't of course got any rumours about unreliability like Koenigsegg.

But then, Koenigsegg isn't exactly dying either. I just think it's a bit unfair that a company like VAG takes away Koenigseggs titles by the cunning use of money...

trionic said:
"But it stole the two world records away from them"

As far I know nothing has been stolen from Koenigsegg, I have not seen any new official tests results.

Well I don't think there's anything official yet. But even if Koenigsegg get their records back when VAG stops producing the Veyron, I think some of their status will still be lost.

RichW said:
Everything post 355, has been pretty good for reliability.

I was actually referring to the Italian car industries general reputation for reliability, but yes, you're absolutely right, post 355 has been very good, and it's also why I believe Ferrari are by far and away the best all round super/hyper car manufacturers. :)

The way I see it there are 4 major players in the Supercar pool

Ferrari
Porsche
McLaren
Lamborghini

The 2nd rate people are

Koenisegg
Bugatti

And hovering somewhere between the 2 are

Pagani
Ascari

The first group will NEVER have a problem selling a supercar, and it will be the very best they can comeup with. Also the sort of person buying a car from these manufacturers, values pedigree over everything. The "thinking mans" car if you like.

The 2nd group are aimed at a different market. The posers basically. Koenisegg sold their entire image in being faster than a F1, and appear to have released an unfinished prototype on the world. (Which is stupid. But thats another matter) Buyers of CC8s and CCRs want the kudos of saying I have the fastest production car. When Bugatti launched the Veyron, a lot of potential Koen. buyers will cancel their orders and orer a Veyron. If Koen. can make a car fster than the Veyron, those same people will switch back. They are footballers, and other "Celebrities" they dont care about the workings they want the Bling factor. I expect to see a Veyron in a P Diddy music video before too long.

Pagani, are the only newbies to the supercar club in the last 3-4 years. And they've done it by getting the balance just right between super car engineering and blingness. They certainly don't seem to be having any trouble selling the cars and unlike Koen. theres no mention of reliabilty. On the Veyron launch 1 car had to be split in half to change a broken water pump. A LAUCH car :roll:

Ascari are unusual. Im not really sure where they fit in at all. :lol:

How can you steal a record? A record belongs to the one holding it, if the Veyron hold a record that was once K's, then it's rightuflly thiers, nothing has been stolen. :roll:

zenkidori said:
How can you steal a record? A record belongs to the one holding it, if the Veyron hold a record that was once K's, then it's rightuflly thiers, nothing has been stolen. :roll:

I said "stolen" since I think VAG is cheating, but it's mostly just a choice of words, nothing serious.

zenkidori said:
How are they cheating? Going faster is cheating?

No, but they're selling a car for a 6th of it's production cost just because they want to be the best. A company like Koenigsegg (at this state at least) haven't got a chance in hell to do something like that. Every single car must be sold with profit. And probably alot of it, considering the debts the company has right now.

zenkidori said:
Um, so? Gotta pay to play the game.

I give up! I will not be able to turn you around ;) I still say they're "cheating", but isn't it lovely that we can all have different opinions?

"
zenkidori wrote:
How are they cheating? Going faster is cheating?

No, but they're selling a car for a 6th of it's production cost just because they want to be the best. A company like Koenigsegg (at this state at least) haven't got a chance in hell to do something like that. Every single car must be sold with profit. And probably alot of it, considering the debts the company has right now."

It cant be cheating selling your car for a 6th of its production cost. thats something for VW to worry about not us. Theyre not cheating, theyre showing the world of an achievment that theyve reached. they could price that car at 10 million pounds and still people would buy it and they'll make a decent profit. but this only shows that those people who were working on this project dont care about money. they did it to push the limit, to out play the others, to raise the bar and now there are people saying theyre cheating... (no offense to you or anythin) its just that theyve worked there ass of on something and created something so unique by selling it so they dont make a profit has to make u think they didnt do it for money or to cheat in anyway.

Back on topic. Yes maybe Koen is under estimated. Think about how a person makes their reputation. they just dont go out there, win a medal and out of no where they are celebrities. (okay bad example sry, but i hope u understand where im getin at). In the same way, Koen didnt have a background (well im not aware of it if they do) they didnt win major races in the previous years neither worked their way onto the top with a car that beats the Mc F1 on paper.
THey just poped out. Thats why i think people dont recognize this car. On the other hand theres pagani, a company that noone knew about and now its beating some of the most exotic super cars out there. I think thats becasue they focused that car on the buyers and THEN made it a supercar. JUST look at IT. it looks amazing.

Thats why in my opinion i think KOEN is under estimated, it might be an amazing car. But just because its lacking something so little yet so unique people dont recognize it. Not to mention all the problems that occour.

thanks
Mojo

I don't htink they undercut thier production value to get a world record from K. There were goals set out, they met them.

The Veyron existing doesn't make the CCR any less of an awesome car. 2nd place is pretty damned good for such a new company!

i also think it's stupid they spend so much money on the car

it's the same like a leader wanting a war, and sending his soldiers to the battlefield.
they do the same things, but not with soldiers but with money they could be paying out to their employees...

and if i'm not mistaken, it's illegal to sell sth with a loss, you ALWAYS need some profit, or it's fraud

right now .. koenigeegg is making a profit (infact thay can now buy one of there own car! .. but just one)
and they dont need help selling there car (infact they never had a problem with selling the cars)
and nextyear they have a CCR that is street legal in the US (dubble there sales "overnight")
But they still have only one major problem.. the clutch..
(all the other problems are fixed.. )
but you trry to find a clutch that can stand 920 Nm over a long time that is not a "on-off" clutch

Kebab gud said:
right now .. koenigeegg is making a profit (infact thay can now buy one of there own car! .. but just one)
and they dont need help selling there car (infact they never had a problem with selling the cars)
and nextyear they have a CCR that is street legal in the US (dubble there sales "overnight")
But they still have only one major problem.. the clutch..
(all the other problems are fixed.. )
but you trry to find a clutch that can stand 920 Nm over a long time that is not a "on-off" clutch

That is why I have a Pol0, no clutch problems at all. :lol: