Koenigsegg underestimated?

I don't always agree with Top Gear's lap board. I mean in the Lamborghini episode, (and ive said this before) they admitted that the dry track with wet areas was not a good idea, so they retest the Murcielago, and it sets the new fastest time, but they never put the Zonda S around the dry track. so thats why it's so far down, and if they did put it around thew dry track again, it would probably be faster than the Murcielago, because the first time the two cars were tested, the Zonda was sliding around the slightly wet track, and was having trouble, because it's not good on a slightly wet track, but it was way faster than the Murcielago.

The powerlap board on TG is no way to judge cars, you cannot use it as a guide to which car is faster. Every car runs under very different conditions, wet track, semi-wet, kinda wet, etc... but they only put a (W) next to the name if its pouring rain out. So some very good cars are farther down the powerlaps because they are on a semi wet track but it doesnt say that next to their name.

They really should only do dry track tests, which might limit how many tests they do, but hey. They can always pre-record them in the summer.

but I think the Pagani Zonda F is indeed the fastest car.

kem said:
The powerlap board on TG is no way to judge cars, you cannot use it as a guide to which car is faster. Every car runs under very different conditions, wet track, semi-wet, kinda wet, etc... but they only put a (W) next to the name if its pouring rain out. So some very good cars are farther down the powerlaps because they are on a semi wet track but it doesnt say that next to their name.

They really should only do dry track tests, which might limit how many tests they do, but hey. They can always pre-record them in the summer.
I agree. Although I understand, that the UK is a very wet place. I.e. it does rain a lot.

What really gets me, is when one of the presenters drives a car on their airfield, next to the studio, in the dry and then we see the stig's lap, and during that it's pouring with rain. They obviously had the car at the track when it was dry, why not do a lap then?

Well, maybe the stig is not always available. But then again, AFAIK the stig doesn't have a life, or friends, or anything like that, so he should be available at all times. :p

Kebab gud said:
the ONLY! real benchmark for a supercar is the "Sportsauto Supertest"
I have to agree, the "Supertest" is indeed a very good benchmark.

i reckon that the zonda is at the peak of the fastest lap time, just because the veyron has so much more hp doesnt matter because there are corners on the track :shock: and the veyron is very heavy (right?) so unless the veyron has unbeleavable cornering speeds the zonda and others will still be on top

also add that the veyron has terrible turbo lag, that'll make it sluggish on the exit from corners. i reckon you would need a really good stretch of straight road to fully maximize the veyron's speed potential.

POWERRR!! said:
also add that the veyron has terrible turbo lag, that'll make it sluggish on the exit from corners. i reckon you would need a really good stretch of straight road to fully maximize the veyron's speed potential.
its not what i would call terrible, but it isnt as instant as a NA engine would be. because once the power kicks in, you're at the next corner without even knowing it :lol:

In general the koenigsegg ( and in detail the CCR ) is indeed underestimated.
It's good to hear that they even gonna tweak to car to have it do better track performance.

We must not forget that koenigsegg did something that big boys like ferrari, lamborghini, mercedes and so on could not do ; beat the mclaren with 4 cylinders less and the adding of a supercharger.
It got even better with the CCR with 800bhp .

I have silent toughts of a new car where they get to play with a v10 ( or even more sick... ) then it would be bizarre fast...

--

In the same way the ultimate aero from SSC is a car to look after.
They also have used a supercharged V8 but have pushed it to over 1000bhp allready! :shock:

I don't care if it has a bit of turbolag, with 1000+ hp it can't be anywhere near "sluggish" out of the corners, and remember it has the AWD so it can put most of it's power to the ground out of the corners unlike the Zonda F. I've read one of the test drivers of the Veyron say it is slightly faster than the SLR on the twisty parts of the N?rburgring and disappers on the long straight. So i think the time the Veyron will make will deffintly be better than the one of the SLR (1:20.9). How much faster only time will tell.

They used the same engine and chassis for both Nardo and the Ring. However at nardo the had problems with a coolenthose or something, only allowing them to cram out about 750 hp.

to go off-topic, does anyone know how the progress on the Edonis is going?

that thing on the discovery is 3 years old i remember the guy saying now its the fastest car on earth till now 2003........etc

Sportsauto Supertest is a test that thest if the tested car is a supercar of just a sportscar ..
(love the word test :p)
you can fine the test in the magasine Sportsauto (and some times in "Auto motor & sport")