Unveiled: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Roadster (NSFW material inside)

gt1750

Techno Addict
Car(s)
'91 Saab 900 Turbo Cabrio, '18 Ford Smacks
First, a little blah blah:

Autoblog said:
This morning, Lamborghini has announced the newest member of its supercar family, the stunningly sexy Aventador LP700-4 Roadster. With more than 1,300 Aventador coupes sold to date, Lamborghini believes it will find strong demand for the convertible version.

The Roadster's roof is a two-piece affair, made from carbon fiber and weighing in at just over 13 pounds. The roof pieces must be removed by hand, though the process is said to be fairly simple, and there's room to store both in the front luggage compartment. The topless Aventador also employs a powered rear window and a front-mounted wind deflector (which can also be removed and stowed) to allow drivers the freedom to choose how exposed to the elements they'd like to be.

Naturally, Lamborghini has done everything it could to keep performance unchanged from that of the fixed-roof sibling. Like the coupe, the Aventador Roadster makes use of a 6.5-liter, 700-horsepower V12 modulated by a seven-speed single-clutch paddleshift gearbox. 0-62 miles per hour comes up in 3.0 seconds, while top speed is a massive 217 mph (350 kilometers per hour).

In its press release about the car (below) Lamborghini tells us that the Aventador Roadster will be offered for sale at 300,000 euro plus tax ($381,000 at current exchange rates ? expect official US pricing to be revealed soon, though), and will be available for order worldwide. Phone-number-sized bank account holders should get their checkbooks ready.

And now, the pics. Prepare your tissues:

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Roadster-19-fotoshowImageNew-99c2cbfa-643578.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Roadster-19-fotoshowImageNew-25bd26a7-643565.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Roadster-19-fotoshowImageNew-1f0fe7e1-643568.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Roadster-19-fotoshowImageNew-7a539c8a-643574.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Roadster-19-fotoshowImageNew-f7a6e014-643581.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Roadster-19-fotoshowImageNew-2902ef31-643566.jpg

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Roadster-19-fotoshowImageNew-e2919d08-643579.jpg

The want is strong with this one. I'll be in my bunk.

Beautiful!! But I wonder where they store the roof and if it's a piece-o-shit roof

Beautiful!! But I wonder where they store the roof and if it's a piece-o-shit roof

It's stored under the front bonnet and it's a two piece carbon fibre roof.

I was just thinking last night that I was looking forward to the roadster version being announced. Good timing Lambo.

Geez. This has to be one of the best looking cars I've seen. Ever. It really just all looks correct and also like an updated, reinvented Countach. I know they are related, but I never thought the Diablo and the Murcielago looked like the Countach. This does, and I really can't wait to see a red one. :)

I'm not sure about the light blue but everything else...Mother of God... Now thats what supercars should look like!

It looks amazing, I especially love the design of the engine cover. I would choose a different color scheme though, the light-blue and beige color scheme is quite conservative and would look better on a Bentley convertible or something.

Holy fuck this car is pure sex! :drool:

I, for one, love the light blue; it shows off the car's shape nicely. :D

Only 9 replies in 3 days because everybody else is still buisy cleaning their monitors and keyboards ... :drums:

On a more serious note - I think it looks fantastic. That shot from above makes it seem like it?s not even from the world but from sort of awsome Alien-species ... Lambo have really done it again. What ever their competition has to offer in terms of hypercar, they fall short in terms of design and style when compared to this. Stunning, simply stunning.