Ownership Verified: Lancer of DOOM!

Hahaha. You just want me to mod the car. :p

Eep!

{ hides }

So, um...whee:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2010/10/19/DSC00919_ed.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2010/10/19/DSC00920_ed_sm.JPG

"Let's See How Much Abuse We Can Do To It While It Still Has Paper Plates" Weekend = great success! It got autocrossed, it went on a track (some with me driving it...badly, and some with equiraptor behind the wheel), it went off the track (that was my fault), aaaaand yay.

I still stink at autocross, but I beat a Carrera (a.k.a. the car I've wanted ever since I knew such a thing existed)...on pax (that's the handicap system that lets them compare an OMG PORSCHE :drool: with a Lancer).......which is why I'm in no hurry to mod the car and get out of H-Stock. :lol: I was only a little over a second down from the Porsche's actual time, though, so OMG.

Much fun was had. :D

Last edited:
You bought the car from a Mitsubishi / Subaru dealership. That is a lot of dividing by zero, there. I am surprised if there wasn't fistfights between customers on a busy day.

It's Wacko Waco, Jay. The people shopping for cars don't know enough about cars to know they should be fistfighting.

Now, if it's was a GM/Ford dealer, there'd be blood stains in the lot.

No, that'd be the Ford/Dodge dealer, and then only over the trucks. :p

Spectre, my grandparents almost had some GM vs. Ford fights. And my grandparents are normally reasonable people! Father's parents were pro-Ford. Mother's pro-GM. Both were anti-Dodge.

As a result, we, the kids and grandkids, just don't buy American. Somehow, that works out better.

That's my point - the only things people our age are buying from the American makers with any regularity are generally trucks.

And few people are buying anything GM makes these days. You have to have an opponent to have a fight. :p

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, this is Appliance and/or Truck City. The Hyundai dealer all by itself is bigger than the Mitsubishi/Subaru one. The first time I saw the Mitsubishi/Subaru combo I was very what is this I don't even, but then I remembered that we probably don't have enough fanboys in town to even match up a fight. I think most of us are too overjoyed to find OTHER CAR PEOPLE! to bother with a proper fistfight.

I guess it works, though? Some ninja goes in thinking about a WRX and leaves with a Lancer? :p

They finally finally finally had a WRX sedan (not the STi, but the less bonkers one) on the lot when I got the plates put on yesterday, and it looked...a tad tame. Where was the giant wing? The ridiculousness?! :cry: I mean, part of that car's appeal has always been how pants-on-head ridiculous it looks. It's probably still fun to drive, but I think I might actually like the how the current WRX's hatch version looks better (...or the STi sedan with the ridiculous wing). The hatch looks like a happy hoony jellybean (do want).

Last edited:
My questions is where did you get the pictures from? Or did you have someone take them with your camera?

I try to stay away from truck fans' fights. I have nothing to add. GM/Ford seems to be the more noticeable rivalry, though. Dodge is definitely the also-ran. The GM and Ford dealerships (that's plural--there's a bunch around here) stayed open throughout the bailout time dealer shutdowns, and the Dodge one (there's only one in Waco) didn't. It finally got re-opened as a branch of Allen Samuels, but...yeaaaaah. I don't see many Calvins taking a wee on the Dodge emblem in Wacko. He's usually aiming for a bowtie or an oval.

My questions is where did you get the pictures from? Or did you have someone take them with your camera?
Yep--I handed off my camera to someone else. If anyone else was taking pictures, though...want!

Last edited:
The regular WRX just gets a smaller wing or no wing at all. I thought they always had the sedan version of the regular WRX around though? (Maybe only up to 2008?) I know someone in my town who has newer sedan WRX with no wing at all. The STi version is the hoon-icious version. The regular WRX is for normal people who don't like having a giant wing on their car but want some decent power. =P

Also, there is a Subaru/Volvo/Mitsubishi dealership in Medford, OR. I thought that was weird for sure. And the Mazda dealership is JUST a Mazda dealership. They seem to be really popular in the Medford area (can't go anywhere without seeing a 3).

So your grandparents were Australian?

Thankfully, it's getting much better as time goes on. For example, my dad owned Falcon after Falcon after Falcon, and now has a Commodore. The only thing that got him to change sides was the fleet-orientation of the Falcon wagon, which is at a quite ridiculous level (which I say as a mostly Ford fan).

It goes the other way as well. I went to the Sydney Motor Show with my cousin, who is very pro-Holden, and has always hated anything Ford just because it was a Ford (after I got him to test-drive a Focus he admitted it was the best car for the price, but he didn't buy one because it was a Ford). At the Ford stand at the motor show, he said "I don't mind the new Falcon", which is something I never thought he would say. I think he has come round, because he also said that the Mondeo was quite nice, and he was quite taken by the Fiesta. He still hates the Focus for a reason I cannot fathom, though.

I have recently discovered that the big fat wing on the rump of my not-super-quick FWD sedan actually HAS a purpose after all!

It's just the right height and thickness to block out the headlights of tailgating trucks!

Yessssss. You can't annnnnoooooyyyyy meeeeeeee, I can't seeeeeeeee yooooooouuuuuu! :p

Reactions: MWF
This is a completely new car ?

I'm surprised it's on the lot instead of in the store wrapped up in plastic..

I have recently discovered that the big fat wing on the rump of my not-super-quick FWD sedan actually HAS a purpose after all!

It's just the right height and thickness to block out the headlights of tailgating trucks!

Yessssss. You can't annnnnoooooyyyyy meeeeeeee, I can't seeeeeeeee yooooooouuuuuu! :p

That's why I have tinting. It helps block out bright headlights (including HIDs). Well for me, otherwise I don't really like tinting.

Man, seeing you autocrossing the car already makes me feel like a wimp for not getting around to it yet. I'm a big fan of this generation Lancer, too (not so much the old ones).