Land Rover: 1, Lexus: 0

British_Rover

Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo
Sort of a parody thread I guess.

This happened a couple of weeks ago and the other thread reminded me.

This crash happened with both vehicles doing approximately 40 mph and was a head on collision. The Husband told me that the other vehicle was a Lexus because he saw the badge on the back but he wasn't sure what kind of Lexus cause not enough was left to identify it.

His wife has some bruises and cuts from the airbag and seat belts but his year old daughter was completely unhurt. The people in the Lexus spent at least a week in the hospital.

LR3_9.jpg

LR3_8.jpg

LR3_7.jpg

LR3_6.jpg

LR3_5.jpg

LR3_3.jpg

LR3_2.jpg

LR3_1.jpg

LR3-.jpg

Crappy cheap digital camera so just deal with the poor quality.

Look at how straight the driver's side door is not even a crease in it. The front windshield has a small crack in the bottom that you can't see in the pictures but that is it.

I assume both cars were going 40? If so that's very impressive! Bet he buys another one of those then!

Actually, the other two cars in those pics (the Volvo and Subaru) both have very good crash safety for child occupants as too.

I love how Land Rover bonnets always stay normal as they are so high. Great stuff.

I still think the disco 3/lr3 is the one of the best cars money can buy. It's just so dam good at everything. Glad to hear they were ok

This just adds to the many incredible crash stories I've heard involving Land Rovers. The best one was of a guy who went over a 20 foot cliff and landed on his roof. Everyone walked away and all the doors still opened and closed. If that isn't a well made vehicle I don't know what is. I've also seen pictures of a couple Rovers that rolled and the windows on one side weren't broken. Amazing!

This just adds to the many incredible crash stories I've heard involving Land Rovers. The best one was of a guy who went over a 20 foot cliff and landed on his roof. Everyone walked away and all the doors still opened and closed. If that isn't a well made vehicle I don't know what is. I've also seen pictures of a couple Rovers that rolled and the windows on one side weren't broken. Amazing!

Another customer of mine rolled his LR3 off the side of a hill several times and landing on the driver's side.

It didn't break any glass not even the all glass roof of the LR3. He even managed to drive back up most of the hill accept for the last 15 feet where it was too steep. A tow truck winched him up the rest of the way and he had a winch installed on his LR3 the next week.

Yeah both the cars were doing around 40 mph in that crash.

without knowing anything other then make of the other car this is kinda.. pointless..
the other car might have been a 1989 LS400.. and as we all know.. cars from the 80's and cars from the 00's are not equal in safty..

Crumple zone FTW.

Bah! The Buick's crumple zone met my Disco's steel girder of a bumper. The Disco drove me home and is still working fine. The Buick had to be towed to a junkyard. :tease:

Whoh! Those stories are simply astonishing.

God knows what will happen to me if I crash in my car. Better write my will up soon.. :p

without knowing anything other then make of the other car this is kinda.. pointless..
the other car might have been a 1989 LS400.. and as we all know.. cars from the 80's and cars from the 00's are not equal in safty..

I talked to the owner again the other day he said it was a newer big lexus sedan but still not sure what kind. I guess it was probably a GS or LS.

time for Jezza to consider a Disco/LR3 for a survival test? could this possibly be better than the Hilux?

oh and i want the engine outta that LR3 please.:mrgreen: unless there's major damage to the engine also.

And this is exactly why we should buy SUVs....they are so much safer.

4 weeks in the hospital or cuts and bruises?

;)

;)

yes, they are safer. but so is the Lexus. seeing as the occupants of the Lexus are still alive after a offset collision with a 2.6 ton SUV at 40+mph.

^problem is, that this only works, if there are people with smaller cars in which we can crash... if 2 discos crash into each other, i don't believe, that nobody would've to go to the hospital... so what we need are more people to drive smaller cars in order to be safer in our bigger cars ;)

ownage. that sucks for the lexus family. oh well. just another reason why you should buy a big SUV until everyone has one and then therell be no one left with a small car to crash into

Damn, that Landie's held up strong for sure!

;)
are you equating this disco to every other pos SUV on the roads? if so, you, sir, are a dolt.

Just because this PROPER 4x4 OFFROAD vehicle is the pinacle of automotive safety, doesn't mean that the rest of the offroad wannabe cars come even near it.