tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
:lol:

I wonder if there's a llama test?

nozzi

"cues the winamp sound bite" "it really kicks the Llamas ass"

seriously though... I wanna see a defender go through an elk... deer, llama, emu, kanga... its shouldnt need to swerve.

Defender is a plough, not a race car. you dont by it for its cornering speed.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
didn't the TT fail that test as well?

first gen cerntainly failed some test

Fiete

Car(s)
VW Lupo 1.0, Mitsubishi Evo VII 2.5cc ;-)
The first gen TT did't fail, but many TT drivers crashed their Audis. The old TT was good at cornering but when the drivers exeeded the limits of stability the TT was hard to control and tended to exit the corner tail first. And unfortunately public roads do not have gravel pits...

As far as I know Audi changed the suspension setup and aerodynamics (the first models did't have a spoiler lid) and also equipped the TT with ESP to solve these "my-TT's-back-end-is-faster-than-the-front-end-issues".

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
OMFG! someone flipped a 110! yeah don't bother to try avoiding anything... at all... even other cars.

is this the new one or the old one, because some parts have been updated for the newest model. compard to some modern cars i guess the defender does have bad brakes and steering. and at least the people in that one would be fine, could just flip it back onto it's wheels and drive away. would need a winch though, and a new door mirror...

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Nah, just a lever long enough. Mind you, a lever long enough to tip over a Defender, would be long enough to move the world!

YF19pilot

Car(s)
2006 Honda Civic Coupe
Nah, just a lever long enough. Mind you, a lever long enough to tip over a Defender, would be long enough to move the world!
Give me a place to stand and I can move the moon- I mean, a Land Rover Defender.

I had heard about the TT failing a test, too. Didn't realize it was the ability to keep one end in front of the other. Maybe its a good thing my brother had to sell his...

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
Keep Moose off the road I say.

Make it safe for the Defender driving public, after all the Moose has not paid to be there, the Defender driver has.

nomix

True Viking
Car(s)
Tend do walk the 40 meters from my bed to lecture.
Could someone with a defender please check if you can drive over an elk without noticing it? If needed, you can use low range.

Then, we'll get an X5 and try to get it over the elk. :wicked:

Kowalski

And the "No shit Dr. Obvious" award goes to... the Germans!

What sort of cornering ability the Germans were expecting of such dinosaur?

It's a 59 year old car victim of the British disease what Jeremy Clarkson cleverly described as "Mini Syndrome".

Over the years, the United Kingdom have developed an unfounded obsession for "traditions".

Last edited:

sniperdenis

Car(s)
i wish i had one
oi - Why care about the test?? Defender is among the greatest cars in da world- its like 2000 years old and still surviving- so the failure of this test is not gonna change anything to the car - why do they bother 'moose' test it?

un-dee

I hate your sig!
Car(s)
Golf IV 2.0
Because people who have one now know it can fall over on hard cornering? Imho that is a pretty vital thing to know.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
I don't need a moose test for that, one look at it should be sufficient.

MadCow809

Forum Addict
i have to say.. the bloke behind the wheel looks rather....... calm, for some reason..