Land Rover Defender becomes the 3'rd car ever to fail the Moose-test

:lol:

I wonder if there's a llama test?

"cues the winamp sound bite" "it really kicks the Llamas ass"

seriously though... I wanna see a defender go through an elk... deer, llama, emu, kanga... its shouldnt need to swerve.

Defender is a plough, not a race car. you dont by it for its cornering speed.

didn't the TT fail that test as well?

first gen cerntainly failed some test

The first gen TT did't fail, but many TT drivers crashed their Audis. The old TT was good at cornering but when the drivers exeeded the limits of stability the TT was hard to control and tended to exit the corner tail first. And unfortunately public roads do not have gravel pits...

As far as I know Audi changed the suspension setup and aerodynamics (the first models did't have a spoiler lid) and also equipped the TT with ESP to solve these "my-TT's-back-end-is-faster-than-the-front-end-issues".

OMFG! someone flipped a 110! yeah don't bother to try avoiding anything... at all... even other cars.

is this the new one or the old one, because some parts have been updated for the newest model. compard to some modern cars i guess the defender does have bad brakes and steering. and at least the people in that one would be fine, could just flip it back onto it's wheels and drive away. would need a winch though, and a new door mirror...

Nah, just a lever long enough. Mind you, a lever long enough to tip over a Defender, would be long enough to move the world!

Nah, just a lever long enough. Mind you, a lever long enough to tip over a Defender, would be long enough to move the world!

Give me a place to stand and I can move the moon- I mean, a Land Rover Defender.

I had heard about the TT failing a test, too. Didn't realize it was the ability to keep one end in front of the other. Maybe its a good thing my brother had to sell his...

Keep Moose off the road I say.

Make it safe for the Defender driving public, after all the Moose has not paid to be there, the Defender driver has.

Could someone with a defender please check if you can drive over an elk without noticing it? If needed, you can use low range.

Then, we'll get an X5 and try to get it over the elk. :wicked:

And the "No shit Dr. Obvious" award goes to... the Germans!

What sort of cornering ability the Germans were expecting of such dinosaur?

It's a 59 year old car victim of the British disease what Jeremy Clarkson cleverly described as "Mini Syndrome".

Over the years, the United Kingdom have developed an unfounded obsession for "traditions".

Last edited:
oi - Why care about the test?? Defender is among the greatest cars in da world- its like 2000 years old and still surviving- so the failure of this test is not gonna change anything to the car - why do they bother 'moose' test it?

Because people who have one now know it can fall over on hard cornering? Imho that is a pretty vital thing to know.

i have to say.. the bloke behind the wheel looks rather....... calm, for some reason..