Last attempt at posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on my third day of attempting to get registered, full day before I even got email and then many hours of getting it to take, and make 1!!!!!!!!!! post to the part of the forum that initially drew me here. Tried multiple attempts at the introduce yourself thread and magically 1 of 3 shows up a day and a half later while everywhere else IF it actually appears to have gone through it disappears upon refreshing or within 2 minutes. This is ridiculous. I have tried every variation of putting up a link or a pic or even typing more than about a hundred characters to no avail. Wow, it actually posted and despite trying 4 OS's and three computers just like with the email my original is now good enough some how. Any one have any clue? Handicapping of new users, someone on vacation, system down for repairs? After three days of waiting for some action on a sporadic error message saying a moderator needs to approve my account my patience for tedium is rubbed raw. Any other forum I have ever used was devoid of any of these problems

Last edited:
Seems to be working okay for everyone else and as far as I know, new users aren't handicapped.

Where are you hosting the picture you are trying to post?

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

WTF, it now takes with text I guess but nothing else. It is a link to either the page or picture of a Dainese jacket on their web page. My post count goes up to like ten or fifteen as I try different variations then down to one and so on but I get an error when following the find this users posts link on my profile or users panel, whichever.

For some reason you're being moderated. Maybe because when you joined you tried to post a bunch of links to pictures and the system thought you were spamming?

I'm sure someone will be around soon to sort it out for you.

Basically the Mods check the first few posts by newly registered members to make sure that you are 1) really a person and not a spambot or something, 2) you're not here just to flog stuff and 3) you're not here to be a cretin or douche. And they have lives outside of FG (who'd a thunk it!!!). So try for a little patience, take a deep breath and relax. Not like we're going anywhere in a hurry. There have been a few that have tried to sneak through the gaps of late.

and :welcome:

Some people think FG is Fast Food, everything is a service for NOW, just sometimes it is not; as this site is not a pay for site and it is pretty international in outlook things are done as well as possible but as has been said and explained above it os NOT instant.

Or I could have posted "Mopar Man" is that you?

So I registered a new username which was instantaneous, as it should be given the software in place, as opposed to a day and a half later. The bounce back from my e-mail account was equally pain free. I think that you can assume that three + days of failure and inaction to interactively join the conversation was a bitter pill. First attempt to post my here I am thank you for x and is y going to work still in moderator land. Second user names attempt = same. Reasonable rate of return in mind, I could very well have and certainly will take opportunity to go elsewhere with anything I had to contribute since the problems are obviously overweighed by positive. Instantaneously. No hard feeling, I just wasted more time than I wanted to spend on a computer for a number of days in a row and got nowhere. Cheerio

From the above I'm assuming that means goodbye.

Tootles!

You have GOT to be kidding me. as you can see everyone else works fine, patience is big here. Now, you have gone and changed your name to "just the tip?" it seems very fair to say that 1) your being moderated(deal with it) 2) the problem is on your end somewhere between the computer and the server or 3) that mushy bit typing on the keyboard.

i personally think you should be banned because of the name change. im a pretty open minded person and i was willing to do what i could to assist you up untill that but i see you as throwing out your last hoorah by making up some crap offensive name and then running off to another forum. ill support you on that, so take your "tip" and go play in another sand box.

Yahoo has been having email routing issues. That is beyond our control.

You are banned for multiple accounts, and trying to post the same urls and images dozens of times.. all of which are deleted in the moderation queue.

Last edited:
Here is the exact text of the message you get, which shows up in the BIG YELLOW HIGHLIGHT AREA. It is hard to miss.

Since you have 5 or less posts, any posts you make may get sent to the moderation queue if the forums think your post is spam (posting images or urls). If it gets sent to moderation, it will require manual approval from a moderator before showing up. This feature is to avoid spam getting onto our forums. If your post does not immediately show up, please do not post it again! It will show up once approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.