Last movie you saw?

TC

aka TomCat
Just watched The Wraith for the first time the other day. It was wraithtastic. :p

I did find it funny that the bad guys almost always wore helmets when racing and they all died anyway. But I guess that helped disguise the stunt drivers more than anything else.

gt1750

Techno Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 Ford Smacks, 2011 Alfa 159, 2005 Smart 44
Just returned from seeing Paul.

If you like Simon Pegg & Nick Frost and if don't mind kinda immature humor and strong language, you'll enjoy it. Me and my gf certainly did, many people in the audience laughed uncontrollably :)

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
Unknown

And I have to say, it's simply a remake of The Bourne Identity....... Both movies are almost similar and I caught on really very early in the movie. It's still a nice movie but it really is just too similar to Bourne Identity, and that one was better so if you plan on watching Unknown, just watch Bourne, you'll have more fun with the original.

TC

aka TomCat
From Dusk Till Dawn

Honestly, I've never seen it before. Not even a clip here or there, or a chunk edited for TV. So when I found it on Hulu, I gave it a shot. And what a crazy film. I knew it had something to do with vampires, but I didn't realize it would be so late in the film. It's like the movie was 2 separate films, some sort of criminals running from the law movie, and then a vampires attack flick. I really enjoyed it, I have to say. It was ridiculous, but a lot of fun to watch, kinda like most zombie movies/tv-shows. It was also cool watching George Clooney play an asshole criminal type.

8.5/10

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Kick-Ass... about the 20th time i've seen it.

Please don't fuck the sequel up.

Rating 10/10.

Still my favourite film of all time.

TC

aka TomCat
Yeah, Kick Ass was a real surprise to me. I was expecting it to be kinda cheesy and vulgar, but it ended up having a very dark vibe to it. Towards the end I really didn't know if I was watching a comedy or not. I loved that film. It was also one of the few movies with Nick Cage in recent years that didn't suck. :p

Last edited:

Hive

Car(s)
MTR
Kick-Ass... about the 20th time i've seen it.

Please don't fuck the sequel up.

Rating 10/10.

Still my favourite film of all time.
One of my favorite movies!
Looking forward to seeing more of Red Mist and Hit Girl.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
The Next Three Days.

Great thriller. Russel Crowe, Liam Neeson, Olivia Wilde.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
Just got back from Super 8. I didn't like the pacing or ending very much, but the cinematography, set pieces, character development, and music were brilliant. The plot isn't very 70s-laden, but the "retro" setting really shows JJ Abrams' and Steven Spielberg's dedication to filmmaking. Probably the only movie I was looking forward to this summer.

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
Just got back from Super 8. I didn't like the pacing or ending very much, but the cinematography, set pieces, character development, and music were brilliant. The plot isn't very 70s-laden, but the "retro" setting really shows JJ Abrams' and Steven Spielberg's dedication to filmmaking. Probably the only movie I was looking forward to this summer.
You have got to be kidding me! The ending was absolutely horrendous!

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)
So what the hell happened - the monster destroyed the whole city. Is angry at humans in general. But then it grabbed the boy, the boy said something along the line of "It's okay. I understand. Bad things happen." All of a sudden the monster felt good about the whole thing, forgave humanity and just left for his planet. SERIOUSLY???

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
Uh, I already said that I didn't like the ending. :|

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
But it still sounded like you liked the movie as a whole. It was one of the biggest disappointments (in terms of movies) for me this year, and I still can't believe what a waste of time it was. It's like they ran out of money and couldn't afford to buy an entire script, so they only bought 3/4ths.

Sorry...I'm still infuriated every time someone mentions Super 8.

Last edited:

TC

aka TomCat
Toy Story 3

I know there has been some discussion about it in the Funny Pics thread and the Random Entertainment Thoughts thread. This is the first time I've seen it in its entirety. First off, I'd just like to say that I was never a huge fan of the Toy Story movies. I always found the other Pixar movies far more interesting, but I did love Toy Story when I was younger. Although I think it had more to do with the computer animation than the actual film. Since then I've really enjoyed all the other Pixar films. I even own most of them, with the glaring exception of the Toy Story films.

But with this third installment, I have to say, they really grabbed me. It was a lot darker, especially towards the end with the.. well, the fire part, for those that haven't seen it. It drew me in. Anyway, I thought it was fantastic, although I understand what others have said about it being too dark and serious for younger viewers. Either way though, I give it a 10/10.

Last edited: