Last movie you saw?

I Am Legend AKA Someone just slipped me acid.

Who the fuck moved Fred?
Also that Shelby is the greatest car sound ever heard on film... but, that was product placement right? He drove it once.

Fans of Aston Martin may remember: I don't do zombies/vampires/any kind of sci-fi or Denzel Washington.

Last edited:
Inside Man (2006).
Very decent heist movie, sure logic takes a backseat sometimes as usual in this genre, but this was actually very entertaining. 7/10 - And Jodie Foster playing against type as a shark-smiling problem-fixer was just cool.

Just saw Final Destination 5.

Some hilarious ass deaths in that. Awesome

Also that Shelby is the greatest car sound ever heard on film... but, that was product placement right? He drove it once.

There was another scene where it crashes through a showroom window but they cut it out. It is however on YouTube if you want to check it out but all I could find was people filming the filming. (yo dawg)

Inside Man (2006).
Very decent heist movie, sure logic takes a backseat sometimes as usual in this genre, but this was actually very entertaining. 7/10 - And Jodie Foster playing against type as a shark-smiling problem-fixer was just cool.

Denzel aside, great film.

There was another scene where it crashes through a showroom window but they cut it out ok. It is however on YouTube if you want to check it out but all I could find was people filming the filming. (yo dawg)

He drives that Ford SUV, both the Shelby and the other Ford SUV at the end were immaculate.

Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes at the weekend.

Really loved it, very much story and character driven movie rather than a traditional summer blockbuster. Andy Serkis is brilliant as Caesar. Definitely worth watching in the cinema.

It is? I was thinking about going to see it this afternoon.

Last I saw was "beacon 77", wouw....somebody needs to lay of the funpils when making movies guys : 2 girls end up in an appartment with a small group of hackers attempting to break into the vatican (using old CRT screens and some shiny stuff with an apple on it) , when they succeed we get a whole lot of bullshit about biblecodes and a 4th dimension predicting the future by means of the flying spaghettimonster......whatever realy, Leadhackers goes crazy and kills everyone except one girl who kills the lead hacker, he then somehow stays alive despite laying on the floor beeing dead = cue hinted end of the world.

Euhrmm.....OK.

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold

The thing I hate most in life, before Richard Hammond and murder is product placement.
The Bond films are always the most shameless at this, so much that they're distracting.

Conveniently found...

Anyway I like Morgan and this shows how product placement in films happens. The in-film adverts are fantastic.

I was forced to watch super size me back in high school, during the health class they made us all take...

ever since then my knuckles have had quite the intense itch for Mr. Spurlock's stupid handlebar-mustachioed face.

My short summaries of the last months:

Rango

Lovely comedy, Johnny Depp just delivers, Animations are within the best I have ever seen, has some nice adult humor too, nice Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas reference f.e.. Watch this. Made me laugh, a lot.

Rio

Thought it was Rango. It was not. Childrens movie, typical happy ending family values etc movie. Has singing. Avoid.

Super

Very strange, like Kick Ass meets Scott Pilgrim. Made me laugh, was a bit weird, though lovable. Do watch.

Priest

Nice Animations, gore action, has Maggy Q, story is more than weird & doesn't really make sense, good action flick.

Blitz

Randomly watched this, was suprised, typical Statham movie, beware of heavy accents (took me some minutes to understand Stathams "drunk Brit" gibberish), enjoy it if you like the style of British crime/action movies, plot is something new.

Your Highness

Download the scenes with Portman and forget the rest of the movie, it was trying to be so bad & vulgar it actually became annoying. Seriously. Avoid.

The Eagle

Typical hack'n'slash in Roman setting, enjoyed it, it is an honest movie, you get what you expect.

Unknown

Not spoiling anything. Watch. Clever movie. Recommended.

Kill the Irishman

Was renamed "Bulletproof Gangster" in Europe not to offend Irish. Good movie, switches into original footage from news, definitely recommended.

I am Number Four

Nice effects can't save this trainwreck.

Paul

Nice animations, dirty humor, drunk and high Alien. Watch.

Source Code

Eh? Strange movie. Not sure what to think of it.

Ironclad

Best medieval Hack n Slash I have seen in some time. If you like that kind of movies, watch it. Beware: Very violent. Like people getting cut in half violent. I warned you.

Limitless

Nice movie, didn't expect it to be half as good as it was, didn't like the ending though.

Now, has anyone seen Captain America and Planet of the Apes Prevolution and can recommend me which one to watch? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain America, it was pretty lame.

Just saw Final Destination 5.

Some hilarious ass deaths in that. Awesome

Saw it as well.
Not bad, actually. Good time passer.

Loved the bridge collapse (Tacoma Narrows anyone?).

There is a continuity error I did notice...

...the origin of the explosion that ripped Volee flight 180 apart.

In this film, the explosion is depicted to have started in the number 1 engine on the left wing. However, in the first film it is stated that the explosion began in the plane's midsection. A scavenge pump in the central fuel tank leaked combustible fluids which ignited. The fire worked its way up the fuel line until it hit one of the fuel pumps, triggering the explosion that destroyed the plane.

- Dan

Senna. And if you haven't seen it, go see it now. I don't care how little you care about F1. It's just an amazing story of an amazing man in a crazy world.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2011/08/19/paris.jpg

From Paris with Love

Saw this on my Netflix stream, so I gave it a shot. I really don't know what to think though. I don't think it was very good, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. :p John Travolta was pretty funny, while trying to be the ultimate badass, so it was entertaining. Got some Training Day vibes from a few parts though, with the cocaine thing, but it was kinda funny that they were carrying that vase around for so long and talking about it so openly. The only part I thought was kinda corny was the Royale with cheese scene. It seemed a bit too obvious, they should have had Travolta's character say something about being hungry and whip that busted police car into a McDonald's drive-thru where he gets in a heated argument with the speaker box about ordering a quarter pounder with cheese. And then shoots it, of course.

But anyway, I give it a 7/10. Some good laughs, good action, and it all takes place in Paris, so it's a nice change of scenery from most dumb action flicks.

Last edited:
saw friends with benefits last week. I like how they kept dissing other romantic comedies at the beginning, although near the end you kind of descend back into "oh those two are gonna be together". :p
but overall very enjoyable for me.

On the subject of Captain America, I didn't read a lot of comics back then, so it was a good summary to the background of Captain America himself. Although this film was more like the final piece of the puzzle to the avengers - and probably its objective, so maybe that's why it doesn't feel as good of a film by itself.

Senna. And if you haven't seen it, go see it now. I don't care how little you care about F1. It's just an amazing story of an amazing man in a crazy world.

Just watched it too. What a brilliant movie, no wonder 8.8/10 on imdb and best documentary of 2010. Seriously, even if you don't care for motorsports, this is worth watching.

Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes at the weekend.

Really loved it, very much story and character driven movie rather than a traditional summer blockbuster. Andy Serkis is brilliant as Caesar. Definitely worth watching in the cinema.

what he said.

RiffTrax Live: "Jack the Giant Killer"

Absolutely hilarious.

Cowboys and Aliens

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409847/

The consept of movie is interesting and it looks pretty cool but i doupt i will watch it again.

Graig and Ford act great as usual and Wilde is great to look at.

Rating: 6/10