Last movie you saw?

I thought that was MWF? :tease:

Frozen

... what a shit movie. The animation of the snow was good, but not as good as it was hyped up to be and in some places was just bad and amateurish. To call the characters two-dimensional would be giving them a compliment and the story was as predictable as my next bowel movement. There was one plot twist I didn't see coming, but my mind at that point had been numbed by the complete lack of any kind of story. I did like Oaken, the store and sauna clerk. ...that's about it.

4/10

Sheldon?

Good lawd man what's with you and shitting on good movies? First it was L?on: The Professional, then Scarface, and now American Hustle. I didn't think AH was that good, but it sure as hell wasn't a 2/10. :?

Maybe he will like drive?

Maybe he will like drive?

Everybody loves Drive... including me.

I still have Rush, Captain Phillips and Gravity to watch, unfortunately Gravity was spoiled, so I'm not that looking forward to it.
I also have the Robocop 4K remaster to watch. I'm paraphrasing, but you're supposed to be able to see the cardboard and glue bodge jobs of Robocops armour. :lmao:

Wolf of Wall Street

Interesting plot. Intriguing that it's (somewhat) based on a real story. Margot Robbie :drool:

Last edited:
A lot of nominations tho, not like it wasn't recognized. I never saw Dallas Buyers Club but it snags both male actor Oscars, guess I'll have to check it out.
And predictably Dicaprio's 'always nominated but never a winner' streak remains unbroken. Poor guy, i hope he doesn't end up with a 'lifetime achievement' oscar when he's old & gray because that would be just insulting.

mars attacks
finally a childhood funny-film that's aged well. still funny, not ruined by me growing up :D

Ach ach.

A lot of nominations tho, not like it wasn't recognized. I never saw Dallas Buyers Club but it snags both male actor Oscars, guess I'll have to check it out.
And predictably Dicaprio's 'always nominated but never a winner' streak remains unbroken. Poor guy, i hope he doesn't end up with a 'lifetime achievement' oscar when he's old & gray because that would be just insulting.

Yeah I feel for him after putting on so many great performances. His only option to win an Oscar is to play a mentally-challenged tranny that has AIDS. :p

McConaughey pretty much won because it was a serious role and in a movie about AIDS, while Leo played a rich, drug-addicted douche. IMO in terms of pure acting talent Matthew edged it by a hair.

They'll propably give that lifetime achievement when he's dead, only to regret they never gave it to him when he was alive.

As long as Leo stars in Scorsese movies, he'll never win an Oscar. Even though there were exceptions (De Niro in Raging Bull) working with Scorsese is pretty much a gurarantee to be overlooked by the Academy.

You can give as many great performances as you like, but if they don't happen to be the best performance that year, you aren't going to win the Oscar.

Unless you are Denzel Washington and the media makes a huge fuss over how you've never won a "Best Actor" Oscar. Then you'll be gifted the award by guilt-ridden white academy voters desperate to prove they are not racist. Despite the fact that Russell Crowe and Sean Penn both gave superior performances.

Frozen

I dunno, it was ok, but I was 'looking at my watch' a lot.
Maybe too much singing for my taste, I must be spoiled with Pixar and the likes :D

It had it's moments, asome good laughs and I did like the non-cliche ending, but I don't think I'll be watching it again anytime soon.
Tangled was much better, for instance.

Escape Plan

Mindless and somewhat fun, felt very much like a 90s movie, when the baddies cant shoot you in the back in a dead straight corridor you know what kind of movie youre watching :D Still, it does what it says on the tin and doesnt try to be all smart about a lot of things. About as entertaining as Arnie's Last Stand, not great, but not shitty.

Pacific Rim.. over rated.

Within its own little world the plot makes sense, but more generally using giant punching robots to solve that particular problem makes no sense.

Pacific Rim.. over rated.

Within its own little world the plot makes sense, but more generally using giant punching robots to solve that particular problem makes no sense.

That is exactly why you have to turn off the logic part of your brain and enjoy the action and visuals, I love it.

I just watched

Saving Mr. Banks

Was pleasantly surprised. A good cast and very good performances, I enjoyed the movie.
Didn't know much about the plot, and though it is mostly a comedy, there is a fair bit or drama and emotion.

7,5-8/10

also

American Hustle

Loved it, also great performances allround. I think some people mentioned it's a bit too long.
At 2 something hours it's not that long, but it does feel a bit streched.
But good stuff regardless.

8/10

Take Me Home Tonight

take-me-home-tonight-movie-poster-2011-1010684970.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810922/

I dont know if it was any good, but I could watch it from start to finish. What happened to Michael Biehns career? BTW, he was great at the Far Cry: Blood Dragon.

Rating= 5/10