Last movie you saw?

The Avengers: Infinity War. I dozed off a couple times during the first half of the movie. Not because it was boring, but because i was tired.
So i definitely need to rewatch this, but probably at home instead of cinema.

Annihilation. Visually very stunning an beautiful. The movie has a great buildup through the movie, but the ending leaves me with unresolved feelings of wanting to know more.

Terminal. Absolute shit.

The 15:17 to Paris. About the foiled terrorist attack on the Thalys from Amsterdam to Paris in 2015. It's kinda hard to dramatise these events when you're using the actual heroes who stopped the attack as actors who play themselves.
I don't really care about the sob story of how and why they went into the service. The only reason i wanted to watch it was about the actual attack on the train itself. Which lasts probably 15 to 20 minutes of the whole movie.
But i do have to give props to Cline Eastwood for actually trying it.
And i did like the speech of President Hollande at the end.

Deadpool 2: it doesn't quite live up to the first movie, still a good movie to just deposit your brain at the ticket desk and have some fun. ;)

Last edited:
What? A Deadpool movie being funny? Where do you get that from? It's as serious as Schindler's List obviously... :p

DP2.

Not as good as the first one, but still a worthy chapter 2.

My biggest laugh was the Green Lantern joke during the credits.

Solo. Really good, actually. Lots of character backstory and development, not just a 2 hour long caper flick.

I also liked Solo. I had no preconceived notion of what it should have been going in, so I was not disappointed the way some people I know were. They are also people that refuse to see the prequels as part of the movie franchise, so if that is you, just don't go. ;)

Deadpool2 - loved it. Go see it if you haven't already. And if you haven't seen the first one yet, what the hell is wrong with you?

2001: A Space Odyssey

Well, what can be said about that movie?

a) You have to be on hard drugs to make some sense of it and
b) Every single person involved in making that movie 50 years ago definitely had to be on hard drugs then... :ph34r:

Incredibles 2.

Wow, that's how you do a sequel!

Just watched Star Wars Episode 8...

It confused me, I guess I need to watch it again to see if I missed anything, but I do not think I did.

GRtak;n3550789 said:
Just watched Star Wars Episode 8...

It confused me, I guess I need to watch it again to see if I missed anything, but I do not think I did.

With the continued heat here, I used my time in the air-conditioning to watch this again and I did notice something I missed the first time through.

At one point Luke calls a Light Sabre, a laser sword. Where else in the SW movies has it ever been called a laser sword?

Beyond that, I don't get why Luke died.

Logan Lucky.

Surprisingly entertaining twist on the usual heist movie. You kind of have to giggle at James Bond, err, Daniel Craig playing a complete redneck.

Ready Player One

Not all that bad. Although a cliche story, the setting was very nice and the constant CGI wasn't a distraction for a non-cartoon movie.
A nice throwback to our childhood games and music.

Decided to watch the latest Transformers movie, since it was free with amazon prime. It took me 3 days to actually finish it. And it's difficult to say whether these Transformers movies or the Fast and Furious films get the top prize for worst franchise ever. They make every film to come out of Marvel studios look like Citizen Kane.

Ant Man and the Wasp.

Not a bad movie, but nothing ground breaking either. It had the same humour as the original, but the plot was just tying loose ends from the first movie, instead of trying to be its own story.

6/10